Author Topic: Got a David Clark headset for a steal. (Model H3335)  (Read 2368 times)

Offline XOIIOTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Got a David Clark headset for a steal. (Model H3335)
« on: September 26, 2015, 03:28:53 am »
Hey all, so saw this on local classifieds, and always wanted one, it's pretty rough, definitely well used, but if it was shiny and new that would take away from the charm, and for only $40, I couldn't resist.

I want to fix it up, to do so I need a sort of washer that helps hold the boom mic (actually as I'm typing this sentence I found a fantastic guide, so I might be able to find parts http://www.davidclarkcompany.com/files/literature/Parts%20List%20H3335.pdf ), and the clip to hold the wire in place as it's partially broken.

I should be able to re-seat the microphone fairly easily, first though I will test to see how it sounds, and what the microphone quality is like, because I am thinking of taking the parts from another headset and swapping them over to use it as a gaming headset. I have my razer megalodon but that isn't the cheapest thing to use for parts, and I want to keep it analog (no USB connection), then I can keep the ridiculously long cable that it has. Also tempting to add a little orange light in the mic for looks. Another feature that this has is a button to cut out the mic built in which is nice.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 03:35:10 am by XOIIO »

• Super Contributor
Re: Got a David Clark headset for a steal. (Model H3335)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 03:42:59 am »
Seems the plastic clip for the wire comes with the whole boom assembly, which I don't need. Hrmm

Guide kit is only 6 bucks, hopefully they ship to Canada

Edit: Oh man, $39 shipping? That's ridiculous. Hopefully I can find something on ebay, jeeze.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 03:47:31 am by XOIIO »

• Super Contributor
Re: Got a David Clark headset for a steal. (Model H3335)
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 06:02:15 am »
Pretty tinny audio, no wonder, and these things are actually mono, not stereo, so I'll be swapping the internals, it's also a bit of an odd connector, I want to keep the cord as it is though, so I'll have to figure something out. The type you get for headphones these days is much too small.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf