Author Topic: Would I be lame to get a flip phone in 2012  (Read 9701 times)

Offline TradieTrev

• Contributor
Re: Would I be lame to get a flip phone in 2012
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2012, 12:32:49 pm »
Efffff maaann. I hate big business.

Pretty sure I wouldn't be allowed to write words how I'd like to express my feelings of Aussie telco provider Telsra. They are well recognised for blatantly ripping off consumers time and time again. Hope you stick it to them!

Offline DarkPrince

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2012, 04:01:13 pm »
The usability of smartphones varies a lot, in my opinion. I just upgraded from a Droid X to the new Samsung Galaxy S3. I am never going back, so much more smooth. Battery... yeah I HAVE killed it from full charge in 2.5 hours. But hey, I have to have a smartphone, I need to watch Dave's videos as soon as they get released.  8)

Offline T4P

• Super Contributor
    • T4P
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 04:11:40 pm »
The usability of smartphones varies a lot, in my opinion. I just upgraded from a Droid X to the new Samsung Galaxy S3. I am never going back, so much more smooth. Battery... yeah I HAVE killed it from full charge in 2.5 hours. But hey, I have to have a smartphone, I need to watch Dave's videos as soon as they get released.  8)

Well ... just the other day LG came out with their 4X HD with the same specs as the SIII but $130 pounds cheaper ...

AAND the SIII is very feeble in a scheme of things (One drop and the LCD will warp!)

Offline FenderBender

• Super Contributor
    • The Solid State Workshop
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 03:13:47 am »
You know I was thinking the same thing. I remember in like 2005, when I was in the 6th grade...yeah I'm a youngster...everyone was always talking about the Pantech C300 which was apparently the smallest phone in the world. I just looked it up and it was 2.5inches x 1.5inches (65mm x 40mm). The big thing back then was to make electronics smaller and smaller, and ironically, it seems that our phones and devices are getting bigger and bigger now. Now, needless to say, they are also a ton more useful than they were in years past. But yes, very strange. Now we have phones that are like 4.5" diagonally. Only a few years ago, you would have been laughed at if you had such a phone.

Hey maybe I'll do a REAL video review...not the shat that they call "reviews" nowadays. Idk.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 03:16:26 am by FenderBender »

Offline DarkPrince

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2012, 06:37:25 pm »

Well ... just the other day LG came out with their 4X HD with the same specs as the SIII but $130 pounds cheaper ...

AAND the SIII is very feeble in a scheme of things (One drop and the LCD will warp!)

I see what you mean by same specs. It is nearly identical to the non-us version of the SGS3 (us one of course dual core with 2GB ram due to no 4G quad-core chipset yet). Only other somewhat major difference is the LCD technology (took a big risk with OLED in a pentile configuration, but I like it, though still needs some work). Anyway, not taking over the thread. Just sayin' I am happy.  :D Just don't drop it. :)

Offline kaptain_zero

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2012, 07:52:25 pm »
I remember in like 2005, when I was in the 6th grade...yeah I'm a youngster

While I have nothing usefull to offer on the topic, the comment above reminded me that when I was 12 years old, we still had *crank* telephones where I lived.

Regards

Kaptain "No wonder I feel old" Zero

Offline FenderBender

• Super Contributor
    • The Solid State Workshop
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2012, 08:26:23 pm »
Haha my dad tells me of those strange strange times.  ;) No worries. Being..more matured...does have its benefits of course. You know things that I don't. The "Secrets O' Life"...

...Oh wait I just unknowingly made a James Taylor reference...oh wait I'm 17. This makes sense..  ;D

Offline T4P

• Super Contributor
    • T4P
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2012, 12:18:00 pm »
Haha my dad tells me of those strange strange times.  ;) No worries. Being..more matured...does have its benefits of course. You know things that I don't. The "Secrets O' Life"...

...Oh wait I just unknowingly made a James Taylor reference...oh wait I'm 17. This makes sense..  ;D

i understand what you mean ...

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2012, 01:14:36 pm »
I remember using a wind up phone ( known here as Nommer Assablief) with a modem. had to train the operators not to break in if the call went on for hours, but they were quite used to calling faxes up on the switchboard.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf