General > General Technical Chat

FranLab is getting evicted

<< < (396/439) > >>

rsjsouza:

--- Quote from: james_s on March 15, 2023, 02:02:44 am ---
--- Quote from: EEVblog on March 15, 2023, 01:43:36 am ---Unless you are a creator, you don't understand. We get so much hate, even death threats.
I does take a special kind of person to be able to ignore this onslaught literally daily. This is why so many Youtube creater have to either quit or they take a break for "mental wellbeing".

--- End quote ---

The death threats are strange to me, I could almost understand it (not excuse it) if the content were highly controversial, but for technical stuff? That's just crazy. Must be a lot of mentally unwell people out there in the world and it only takes a few.

--- End quote ---
It is cheap to make such threats cloaked by the anonymous nature of internet - that tends to bring to the surface the fallen nature of mankind.

SiliconWizard:

--- Quote from: EEVblog on March 15, 2023, 01:43:36 am ---Unless you are a creator, you don't understand. We get so much hate, even death threats.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I don't doubt that either. I've seen pretty distrurbing stuff and most creators seem confronted to this.

I think it's related to what I said about trolling with ChatGPT and trolling in general in the other thread. People are desperately trying to have an impact, often a negative one as it's usually much easier than trying to have a positive one. But how far it can go is absolutely mind-blowing.

There are teens committing suicide over repeated negative online comments/online harassment.

The way it shows how nasty some people can get, it's all pretty disturbing in fact. But you have to deal with it these days, unless you choose to be an 'online hermit'.

james_s:
You have to have thick skin on the internet.

Fortunately that has always come naturally to me. Someone can say anything they want to me online and it rolls off, as long as it's not a credible physical threat with the means to carry it out it doesn't bother me at all. Trolls are gonna troll.

magic:

--- Quote from: james_s on March 15, 2023, 02:02:44 am ---
I does take a special kind of person to be able to ignore this onslaught literally daily. This is why so many Youtube creater have to either quit or they take a break for "mental wellbeing".

--- End quote ---

The death threats are strange to me, I could almost understand it (not excuse it) if the content were highly controversial, but for technical stuff? That's just crazy. Must be a lot of mentally unwell people out there in the world and it only takes a few.

--- End quote ---
Of course there are crazies out there and I also suspect that any IRL threats that Dave receives are not for the technical part of his content.
It's 2023, what rock are you living under?

Then imagine that there are people whose whole nature is politicized and weaponized to an extent that it it's impossible to separate themselves from bullshit and drama if they wanted to.
That's not something that even Dave has to deal with, and as I said, things are only getting crazier with no end in sight at this point.

--- Quote from: james_s on March 15, 2023, 05:23:00 am ---You have to have thick skin on the internet.

--- End quote ---
Yes, and there are distinct populations known for their infamously thin skins.
Maybe not a thread for what I think about it, but I got used to it and now I just roll my eyes at those still in denial.

I guess it's back to what I posted last year: you pay for the way this content is done, or bye.
I actually checked out that channel yesterday and saw titles like "getting tired" and "life after YouTube", well...

Being Internet Famous is maybe not the first priority of everyone.

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: magic on March 15, 2023, 07:21:02 am ---Of course there are crazies out there and I also suspect that any IRL threats that Dave receives are not for the technical part of his content.

--- End quote ---

Simply running this forum has solicited death threats  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version