General > General Technical Chat

Your pet peeve, technical or otherwise.

<< < (304/344) > >>

armandine2:
i've just ordered a de-soldering gun (Hakko, with accessories) at about £450 pounds - yet when i google retro classic record players I can't get anything better that £125 ?

its like I'm not on the right wavelength, and the switch to get there isn't working?

Circlotron:
I’ve got one of those label making machines that put black text on white 12mm wide self adhesive tape. The thing is, regardless of how long or short the label text is, there is always 25mm of unmarked tape at each end. This is particularly bad if you only want to print a single label with a single character on it e.g. “3”. Heaps of wasted tape. About 5 to 7 mm on each end would be plenty.  |O

IDEngineer:

--- Quote from: TimFox on November 21, 2021, 03:11:47 pm ---The basic sin of some current UI developers is the thought that mobile (small screen and touch interface) and fixed systems (large screens and keyboards) should have identical UIs.
--- End quote ---
Windows 8 has entered the chat.

IDEngineer:

--- Quote from: Circlotron on November 29, 2021, 09:05:02 pm ---I’ve got one of those label making machines that put black text on white 12mm wide self adhesive tape. The thing is, regardless of how long or short the label text is, there is always 25mm of unmarked tape at each end. This is particularly bad if you only want to print a single label with a single character on it e.g. “3”. Heaps of wasted tape. About 5 to 7 mm on each end would be plenty.
--- End quote ---
That's a "feature", according to their sales department. As in, "sales of their label tape". It's all about maximizing the consumables.

rsjsouza:

--- Quote from: IDEngineer on November 29, 2021, 09:27:28 pm ---
--- Quote from: Circlotron on November 29, 2021, 09:05:02 pm ---I’ve got one of those label making machines that put black text on white 12mm wide self adhesive tape. The thing is, regardless of how long or short the label text is, there is always 25mm of unmarked tape at each end. This is particularly bad if you only want to print a single label with a single character on it e.g. “3”. Heaps of wasted tape. About 5 to 7 mm on each end would be plenty.
--- End quote ---
That's a "feature", according to their sales department. As in, "sales of their label tape". It's all about maximizing the consumables.

--- End quote ---
Indeed. The business is in the selling of tape, not the machine.
I usually use small fonts and dual lines on my Dymo label maker to save on tape.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version