Author Topic: Your pet peeve, technical or otherwise.  (Read 451262 times)

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
Re: Your pet peeve, technical or otherwise.
« Reply #2725 on: December 04, 2022, 12:06:22 pm »
... barbers are just so opinionated.

And we are not  :-DD :-DD

Offline IDEngineer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2726 on: December 04, 2022, 02:49:12 pm »
It's not an opinion when we are correct!

The following users thanked this post: pcprogrammer

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2727 on: December 04, 2022, 08:06:56 pm »
That brings to mind another pet peeve, which I may or may not have already mentioned at some point. When strangers make smalltalk with me and bring up sports, this happens often when our local football or baseball team are doing well. People just assume I'm excited about it when in reality I usually have not paid any attention at all and could not care less. It gets annoying to be asked about the Seahawks 5 times in a day by store cashiers and such. I've never had any interest in sportsball.

The following users thanked this post: Siwastaja, pcprogrammer

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2728 on: December 04, 2022, 11:05:56 pm »
That brings to mind another pet peeve, which I may or may not have already mentioned at some point. When strangers make smalltalk with me and bring up sports, this happens often when our local football or baseball team are doing well. People just assume I'm excited about it when in reality I usually have not paid any attention at all and could not care less. It gets annoying to be asked about the Seahawks 5 times in a day by store cashiers and such. I've never had any interest in sportsball.
Hows about them Seahawks?;D ;D

Offline IDEngineer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2729 on: December 04, 2022, 11:40:38 pm »
I respond "What's a seahawk" (or whatever the team name) and I usually get a blank open-mouthed stare, followed by their departure. Success!

The following users thanked this post: Siwastaja

Offline JOFlaherty

• Contributor
« Reply #2730 on: December 05, 2022, 01:22:08 am »
Until we stamp out fish, we'll never get rid of them!

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2731 on: December 05, 2022, 03:42:30 am »
I respond "What's a seahawk" (or whatever the team name) and I usually get a blank open-mouthed stare, followed by their departure. Success!

That's a Seahawk!

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2732 on: December 05, 2022, 06:34:49 am »
I've never had any interest in sportsball.

Me too. Could not give a rats ass about sports others do. Only "sport" I do for health purposes is a brisk walk every day.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2733 on: December 05, 2022, 07:31:11 am »
Me too. Could not give a rats ass about sports others do. Only "sport" I do for health purposes is a brisk walk every day.

I actually enjoyed playing floor hockey when I was in highschool, but watching other people play sports is the most boring thing ever. A while back my cousin who is a radio announcer for a minor league baseball team got a bunch of tickets to a major league game and gave them out to my family, I went along to visit with some relatives I don't see often and I'd never been to a pro game. I quickly found out it was about as entertaining as watching paint dry and spent the second half of the game walking around exploring the stadium.

The following users thanked this post: NiHaoMike

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2734 on: December 05, 2022, 07:52:13 am »
Same here, but then from my twenties to thirties with table-tennis (ping pong) and badminton. Only sports I ever liked doing. Now with my CFS even thinking about these sports makes me tired :-DD

A 4Km walk is what I can do without consequences and keeps things in check. Without it the body becomes stiff and more painful.

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2735 on: December 05, 2022, 11:43:51 am »

I actually enjoyed playing floor hockey when I was in highschool, but watching other people play sports is the most boring thing ever. A while back my cousin who is a radio announcer for a minor league baseball team got a bunch of tickets to a major league game and gave them out to my family, I went along to visit with some relatives I don't see often and I'd never been to a pro game. I quickly found out it was about as entertaining as watching paint dry and spent the second half of the game walking around exploring the stadium.

I'ts not so bad if you are sitting in the executive booth with free booze!  :D

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2736 on: December 05, 2022, 11:45:47 am »
I'ts not so bad if you are sitting in the executive booth with free booze!  :D

Does not help when you don't drink alcohol :-DD

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2737 on: December 05, 2022, 11:58:36 am »
As if youtube follows postings here, because this one popped up on my list :-DD

Offline unknownparticle

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2738 on: December 05, 2022, 03:33:27 pm »

Same here, it's the football world cup at the moment and it's giving me the rage!! Every 'king news program, TV and radio, almost everyone I speak to is going on, and on, and on, and on, and on...........about it!! I HATE the game and everything to do with it!!  I mainly listen to radio for information but every station just has to have a sports update at every news break, which is twice per hour for commercial stations!!!  Even the Times Radio station does it, in fact, worse than most of the others!!!  ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!  STOP IT!!!
DC coupling is the devils work!!

Online themadhippy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2739 on: December 05, 2022, 04:22:02 pm »
Same here, it's the football world cup at the moment and it's giving me the rage!! Every 'king news program, TV and radio,
and all but 1 mainstream channels insist you want to watch bits of a cow getting kicked around a field instead of what's normally on that channel at that time

The following users thanked this post: tom66

Offline IDEngineer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2740 on: December 05, 2022, 05:14:47 pm »
OMG basketball literally takes over most broadcast channels in the winter in the USA. Channels devoted to almost everything else have their schedules pre-empted for weeks. How can there be that many games? Or viewers to watch them? Don't they know there are *already* multiple dedicated networks for sports? News, finance, weather, science, all must yield to basketball. No wonder the average IQ and sperm counts are declining.

The following users thanked this post: tom66, james_s, pcprogrammer

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2741 on: December 05, 2022, 05:21:30 pm »
 :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD

Offline unknownparticle

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2742 on: December 05, 2022, 06:20:28 pm »
Don't they know there are *already* multiple dedicated networks for sports?  No wonder the average IQ and sperm counts are declining.

Same in the UK, except it's football, rugby, cricket and now, bl00dy womens football!!  We have dedicated tv and radio sports channels, but the MS media insist on fouling up their programming with sports too!!!  We used to have a rest from sports coverage over winter but now they cover global sports too, so no rest over winter!!  Good job the internet comes to the rescue, but it would be such a relief if just the radio could manage with say just 2 sports updates per day, say lunch time and evening, I could live with that and filter it out, but not every news break!!  Those words, and now for the sports news, just  push my stress levels out of sight!!
DC coupling is the devils work!!

Online tom66

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics Hobbyist & FPGA/Embedded Systems EE
« Reply #2743 on: December 05, 2022, 06:27:32 pm »
and all but 1 mainstream channels insist you want to watch bits of a cow getting kicked around a field instead of what's normally on that channel at that time

Same crap as when the Queen died...  I mean, I get it, but do we need two weeks of nearly non-stop coverage?  She was a political figurehead, a major celebrity, sure, but ultimately not that important any more. 

Offline Zeyneb

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2744 on: December 05, 2022, 06:39:52 pm »
womens football!!

Oh, I like women's football. I am fan of Olympique Lyonnais. The french team from Lyon that won the UEFA Champions League this summer. But now there is some trouble as many of the star players have knee ligament injuries, they seem to be a bit more fragile on women.
goto considered awesome!

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2745 on: December 05, 2022, 06:56:05 pm »
OMG basketball literally takes over most broadcast channels in the winter in the USA. Channels devoted to almost everything else have their schedules pre-empted for weeks. How can there be that many games? Or viewers to watch them? Don't they know there are *already* multiple dedicated networks for sports? News, finance, weather, science, all must yield to basketball. No wonder the average IQ and sperm counts are declining.

Yes that drives me nuts, there's a retro radio station which is the only worthwhile AM station around that I listen to with my vintage radios, they have period music and old fashioned radio dramas, and during basketball season broadcasting the game takes over the regular programming. It's annoying, if I wanted to listen to sports there are already multiple AM sports and talk stations.

Offline NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #2746 on: December 06, 2022, 05:17:28 am »
Same in the UK, except it's football, rugby, cricket and now, bl00dy womens football!!
At least it's real football, not handegg which has some major ethics issues regarding known safety issues that have been left unsolved for a long time.

Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2747 on: December 09, 2022, 07:46:08 am »
At least it's real football, not handegg which has some major ethics issues regarding known safety issues that have been left unsolved for a long time.
Same "brain" issues are now being discussed with football, knocking balls with your heads, heads against eachother.
Today football is a full contact sport, sometimes it resembles a battlefield. And with the arabian oil dollars the european competition has also been bought which is not so much fun. It is more exiting when all the competition teams would be +/- equal in strenghth. Nowadays you know the outcome of many european leagues at forehand, at least the first three teams.

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #2748 on: December 09, 2022, 09:09:06 am »
As if youtube follows postings here, because this one popped up on my list :-DD

This might be why..
Garfunkel & Oates Foretold Kanye’s Future All the Way Back in 2009

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/garfunkel-andamp-oates-foretold-kanyes-future-all-the-way-back-in-2009/ar-AA154oJR
iratus parum formica

The following users thanked this post: pcprogrammer

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2749 on: December 09, 2022, 09:27:39 am »
This might be why..
Garfunkel & Oates Foretold Kanye’s Future All the Way Back in 2009

I saw a video of that performance on youtube, but I did not know whom they where referring to. Had never heard of Kane West, and still don't know who he is or what he does. Don't care either.

But it shows what I have known all along. Bigots live on both sides of the fence.  :palm:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf