Electronics > Circuit Studio

Can you use CS without a schematic ?

<< < (3/4) > >>

mikeselectricstuff:

--- Quote from: NANDBlog on August 03, 2016, 11:04:50 am ---
--- Quote from: mikeselectricstuff on August 03, 2016, 10:30:43 am ---It appears to be possible, but way too cumbersome.

I also can't see any way to create regular arrays of parts, or copy/paste repeated sections of a circuit with net creation/merging.

If you're doing a PCB with >1K LEDs (on 2 layers) , this stuff matters rather a lot.

--- End quote ---
Yes, in CS it will be a pain in the arse. In Altium you make a SCH with a single LED or some LEDs, place multiple SCHs as a sub sheet,a so called "room" is created, then you route it, and then just "copy room" so the routing on all the rooms are the same. CS... forget it, that would be productive.
Also, there is the SCH list, where you can just copy from excel (or whatever) the location info for a component or a net. That is gone in CS.
I'll try to think something, but I only had CS trial license. Did you buy it or just trying?

--- End quote ---
They gave me a freebie - Dave emailed me to let me know they were desperate for bloggers etc. to look at it.
With a few small additions it could be a good solution - I don't think there's anything fundamentally broken, just that they'd not considered a layout-centric design entry method.
I think a reason that PCAD originally made this easy is that you used to be able to buy PCB seperate from schematic.

tszaboo:
Creating a component - from the PCB section you want to multiply - could work. Only your Pick & Place file and your BOM will need some work afterwards.
I also see "create netlist from connected copper" in the netlist menu. Basically turn off online DRC, connect what you want, create netlist, update SCH, enable DRC. Maybe you need to go to PCB rules and disable the short circuit rule for the time.

free_electron:
place LINE

wire up board

then pull a netlist from the board.

mikeselectricstuff:

--- Quote from: free_electron on August 03, 2016, 02:41:24 pm ---place LINE

wire up board

then pull a netlist from the board.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---I also see "create netlist from connected copper" in the netlist menu

--- End quote ---
That would be the equivalent of PCAD's "reconnect nets", which creates or merges nets based on previously placed tracks.
Just tried in CS, and it doesn't appear to work, at least not how I'd expect - after doing "create netlist" I'd expect to see teh new net on the part pads I'd drawn the line to, and to see a connection rubberband if I then moved the part

tautech:

--- Quote from: mikeselectricstuff on August 03, 2016, 02:52:37 pm ---I'd expect to see the new net on the part pads I'd drawn the line to, and to see a connection rubberband if I then moved the part

--- End quote ---
How can that happen unless the same net class is assigned to both?
Without a net name for both, no way.

Does the package you used before auto assign a net to a new pad when connected by copper?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version