Electronics > Circuit Studio

Can you use CS without a schematic ?

<< < (4/4)

mikeselectricstuff:

--- Quote from: tautech on August 03, 2016, 06:55:44 pm ---
--- Quote from: mikeselectricstuff on August 03, 2016, 02:52:37 pm ---I'd expect to see the new net on the part pads I'd drawn the line to, and to see a connection rubberband if I then moved the part

--- End quote ---
How can that happen unless the same net class is assigned to both?
Without a net name for both, no way.

Does the package you used before auto assign a net to a new pad when connected by copper?

--- End quote ---
Yes - if any uncommitted pad intersects an uncommitted track or polygon, a new net is created with a name of the form "NETxxxx" where xxx is an incrementing number. If an uncommitted pad intersects a track that has a net, that pad is added to that net.
Class would be whatever is the default.

tautech:

--- Quote from: mikeselectricstuff on August 03, 2016, 08:17:46 pm ---
--- Quote from: mikeselectricstuff on August 03, 2016, 02:52:37 pm ---I'd expect to see the new net on the part pads I'd drawn the line to, and to see a connection rubberband if I then moved the part

--- End quote ---

Does the package you used before auto assign a net to a new pad when connected by copper?

--- End quote ---
Yes - if any uncommitted pad intersects an uncommitted track or polygon, a new net is created with a name of the form "NETxxxx" where xxx is an incrementing number. If an uncommitted pad intersects a track that has a net, that pad is added to that net.

--- End quote ---
Ah, now I see why you liked PCAD for your work flow.  :)

Someone:

--- Quote from: mikeselectricstuff on August 03, 2016, 10:30:43 am ---It appears to be possible, but way too cumbersome.

I also can't see any way to create regular arrays of parts, or copy/paste repeated sections of a circuit with net creation/merging.
--- End quote ---
I've not had many problems with the "smart" pasting merging/reassigning nets based on what you're dropping it onto.

--- Quote from: mikeselectricstuff on August 03, 2016, 08:17:46 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
If you don't mind the nonsense net names of "NewNetxxx" then the above workflow using the "Configure Physical Nets" works, but you'll have to manually add pads if you want rats nests along the way, the rats nest will appear on routed nets after each "Configure Physical Nets". Renaming of nets automatically propagates so you can add some readable names as needed.

Once there is a named net on some copper you can't connect any of the "No Net" primitives to it with normal interactive routing turned on, turn off the push/avoid routing and you can flow copper anywhere you like and nets will merge automatically though the "Configure Physical Nets" along with allocating pads and copper.

This is all with AD, some or any of the options might be missing from CS.

free_electron:

--- Quote from: mikeselectricstuff on August 03, 2016, 02:52:37 pm ---
--- Quote from: free_electron on August 03, 2016, 02:41:24 pm ---place LINE

wire up board

then pull a netlist from the board.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---I also see "create netlist from connected copper" in the netlist menu

--- End quote ---
That would be the equivalent of PCAD's "reconnect nets", which creates or merges nets based on previously placed tracks.
Just tried in CS, and it doesn't appear to work, at least not how I'd expect - after doing "create netlist" I'd expect to see teh new net on the part pads I'd drawn the line to, and to see a connection rubberband if I then moved the part

--- End quote ---

once youcreate such a netlist you need to push it. do a net-clean all. ( dont know if it exists in CS but it does in big altium.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version