Author Topic: Circuit Studio Bugs/Issues  (Read 46313 times)

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
Re: Circuit Studio Bugs/Issues UPDATE: solved
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2017, 09:18:49 pm »
New bug. Serious one.

After upgrade to v 1.4 license errors....

I have bought a license... It seems confused by that fact. I thinks it is trial with too long expiration date...

It was perfect before..

I'm pissed now that I upgraded to 1.4...

UPDATE: I got contacted by Altium support within 2 hours and they sorted it out. On the spot. AWESOME support!! Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 11:20:19 pm by 2N3055 »

Offline negativ3

• Regular Contributor
Re: Circuit Studio Bugs/Issues
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2017, 05:31:09 pm »
Updated from 1.3 > 1.4 with no issues.

Offline trevwhite

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2017, 06:09:25 pm »
New bug. Serious one.

I have bought a license... It seems confused by that fact. I thinks it is trial with too long expiration date...

It was perfect before..

UPDATE: I got contacted by Altium support within 2 hours and they sorted it out. On the spot. AWESOME support!! Thanks guys!

What did they do? I have the same issue?

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2017, 06:23:00 pm »
New bug. Serious one.

It was perfect before..

What did they do? I have the same issue?

They did something on server side not sure what.. I complained here , few hours later I got contacted by support, gave them my info, and half an hour later they asked me to try again and it worked perfectly...

Where did you buy it from?  in EU Farnell has address altiumsupport@farnell.com, in US altiumsupport@newark.com ....

Offline trevwhite

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2017, 06:38:03 pm »
Thanks, 2n3055

I have the trial version loaded and then bought the license through Farnell. I shall send an email using the email you provided and hopefully that will all get sorted.

Offline mrtn

• Contributor
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2017, 12:57:19 pm »
It looks like the Polygon Repour setting in PCB preferences is missing. When you (for example) drag a component that invalidates a polygon you receive this popup (Img 1)

The hyperlink in the popup jumps to the PCB preferences, however there is NO polygon repour setting in Circuit Studio preferences. The second image is from Altium 17 which has this setting.

Is it the intended operation that the user has to shelve all polygons? For small designs I like the polygons to automatically repour because it only takes half a second and gives you a better view of what's going on.

Offline trevwhite

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2017, 01:12:55 pm »
Thanks, 2n3055

I have the trial version loaded and then bought the license through Farnell. I shall send an email using the email you provided and hopefully that will all get sorted.

Looks like they magically fixed it for me. Thats good support and it did appear a minor irritation so no real harm done.

Offline eng101

« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2017, 03:55:13 pm »
On 1.4 having major library issues.

After creating a new part and recompiling the IntLib the part does not appear in the library. Instead a duplicate library is created in the libraries field of the components placement window, this duplicate does have the part but it won't allow me to place it. The only way to place the new part in a schematic is to drag it from the library toolbar on the right side of the window.

After placing the part using this workaround Circuit Studio then can't find the footprint to update the PCB, so I have to go back into the part in the library, right click and update the schematic, it then works but it's a lot of steps to do something really simple and really common.

Offline voltsandjolts

• Supporter
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2017, 08:07:40 pm »
I'm not having any issues like that.
Can you post your integrated library project here - or a create a new one to demonstrate the problem?

Offline eng101

« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2017, 03:23:58 pm »
I figured it out, the issue is that V1.4 generates the IntLib file in the "Outputs" folder within the project directory instead of the "Project Outputs for XYZ" folder in the same directory like the previous versions. The result being that there was 2 versions of the same library installed, I had to manually remove the old one and install the new one, this sorted it out. I've noticed they've done the same renaming with the actual project outputs.

Unrelated it actually generates a different folder for Gerbers depending on whether you generate them using the "Outputs>Gerber" or "Projects>Generate Outputs" which is odd (this is not new to version 1.4 though).

Offline jc101

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2017, 02:04:57 pm »
Anyone updated to v1.4 got hit by the component rotation bug?

https://www.element14.com/community/thread/60122/l/rotate-component-in-14-is-terrible-help

I've gone to edit a PCB and now find it unusable, no issue in v1.3 apparently anyone know where there is an installer for that?

Farnell not seeming to be offering support bar the standard "will pass than on to the developers", followed by silence.

Offline plazma

• Frequent Contributor
    • Homepage
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2017, 02:06:58 pm »
Use shift+space to rotate. Otherwise the component my go of screen. Or change rotation from properties.

Offline jc101

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2017, 02:10:59 pm »
Use shift+space to rotate. Otherwise the component my go of screen. Or change rotation from properties.

Wow, that works a treat.  :-+
What does the Shift do, it isn't listed in the shortcuts as a command?

Offline voltsandjolts

• Supporter
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2017, 08:41:35 am »
Use spacebar to rotate.
Shift+spacebar just rotates in opposite direction.

Offline plazma

• Frequent Contributor
    • Homepage
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2017, 08:53:27 am »
Use spacebar to rotate.
Shift+spacebar just rotates in opposite direction.
Nope. With the bug spacebar rotates the component around one of the board origins. With shift+space the component rotates around its own origin.

Offline voltsandjolts

• Supporter
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2017, 09:30:42 am »
Spacebar alone works fine for me in 1.4

Offline plazma

• Frequent Contributor
    • Homepage
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2017, 09:51:20 am »
Spacebar alone works fine for me in 1.4
The bug is in PCB. In schematics rotation works.

Offline voltsandjolts

• Supporter
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2017, 10:18:52 am »
Spacebar alone works for me in PCB too, even with an offset origin.  :-//
Others on the E14 site have reported issues that were fixed by using Shift+Spacebar so your right, worth trying if you have problems.

Offline daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2017, 04:56:59 am »
Minor bug: Whilst importing a PCB and doing the online DRC, the dialog that shows the progress is set to be always on top of the desktop. Since this is a long operation, I can't switch between windows to do anything useful.
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Offline FrankT

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2017, 06:51:22 am »
1. When you zoom out when viewing a PCB, the net labels on pads and tracks get smaller, then disappear, then come back again as you continue to zoom out.

2. In both schematic capture and pcb design, when you click on a toolbar item such as Wire, you can't then change your mind and click on another toolbar item.  You are stuck in Wire mode, so every click on the toolbar actually passes through onto the schematic or PCB, drawing wires, or placing parts if you clicked on that option.  I've had lots of unexplained items appearing in my designs because of that.

Offline Phoenix

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2017, 11:44:04 pm »
I've started trial circuit studio - maybe buy myself a license if I like it enough. One bug in the PCB editor so far:

When I change a component footprint then push the update from the PCB library to the PCB document "Update PCB with ____" sometimes some of the overlay lines disappear, usually the vertical lines. Closing and opening the file doesn't help.

In fact it also does it with horizontal lines. I.e. a square outline becomes 2 vertical lines.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 12:11:53 am by Phoenix »

Offline trevwhite

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2017, 11:14:30 am »
I've started trial circuit studio - maybe buy myself a license if I like it enough. One bug in the PCB editor so far:

When I change a component footprint then push the update from the PCB library to the PCB document "Update PCB with ____" sometimes some of the overlay lines disappear, usually the vertical lines. Closing and opening the file doesn't help.

In fact it also does it with horizontal lines. I.e. a square outline becomes 2 vertical lines.

I would be inclined to trial Orcad as well before making your decision. I like CircuitStudio and it is what I use but the customer support is virtually zero and it irritates me to think we are left out in the cold after giving them our money. There is no schedule for updates, no proper interaction with customers. Any bug reports are just left hanging.

I previously used EasyPC and must admit their customer service was exceptional. Any bug reports would get instant feedback and they would release several bug fix versions throughout the year. And you knew the next version would always be out in the summer.

I spoke with UK support for Orcad and it felt like they were with you every step of the way. But with Altium it really is insulting how little client support they offer.

Trev

Offline plazma

• Frequent Contributor
    • Homepage
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2017, 12:01:21 pm »

I would be inclined to trial Orcad as well before making your decision. I like CircuitStudio and it is what I use but the customer support is virtually zero and it irritates me to think we are left out in the cold after giving them our money. There is no schedule for updates, no proper interaction with customers. Any bug reports are just left hanging.

I previously used EasyPC and must admit their customer service was exceptional. Any bug reports would get instant feedback and they would release several bug fix versions throughout the year. And you knew the next version would always be out in the summer.

I spoke with UK support for Orcad and it felt like they were with you every step of the way. But with Altium it really is insulting how little client support they offer.

Trev
What is the Orcad price?

Offline trevwhite

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2017, 12:14:36 pm »
It depends on your distributor.

America has a promo on and UK is offering something similar. I think if you talk to the country distributor they will be able to give you an idea of cost especially if you indicate you are trialing CS, etc.

Offline Joel_l

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2017, 10:23:55 pm »
I agree with this, I bought CS with moderate hopes. There are some UI and feature items that are annoying but the lack of apparent support is the most frustrating. if you look back in time a bit, there was supposed to be a 2.0 at the end of 2016. Since I bought this ( about 6 months ago ) I have only seen one update and that mostly addressed a bug that Altium introduced in a previous release.

CS is usable, but if I were to do it again, I think I would go another direction. Seems Altium has no interest in the product.

Trev

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf