Electronics > Circuit Studio

Circuit Studio Dead? (again!)

<< < (21/44) > >>

jmarkwolf:

--- Quote from: EE-digger on January 31, 2021, 01:27:25 pm ---Before I bit for CS a few weeks ago, I asked some questions about CM Pro, Altium source will not be divulged here.  It is supposedly at level 3 Beta.

--- End quote ---

It's been at Beta 3 according to what Jim Harrington told me in mid-December.

Glad I didn't wait to pony up for AD. I am curious what CS Pro will look like however.

Bassman59:

--- Quote from: 2N3055 on July 26, 2021, 11:14:38 pm ---Usability of Kicad GUI is very questionable.
--- End quote ---

Except a lot of engineers are able to, you know, design complex boards in Kicad. The GUI could be better, it has been a lot worse, but to call it "questionable" means you haven't bothered to spend any time learning how to actually use the software.

2N3055:

--- Quote from: Bassman59 on July 30, 2021, 09:26:14 pm ---
--- Quote from: 2N3055 on July 26, 2021, 11:14:38 pm ---Usability of Kicad GUI is very questionable.
--- End quote ---

Except a lot of engineers are able to, you know, design complex boards in Kicad. The GUI could be better, it has been a lot worse, but to call it "questionable" means you haven't bothered to spend any time learning how to actually use the software.

--- End quote ---

You can make toothpicks with an axe.. It's just very weird and cumbersome. Same as Kicad. As I said, I'm, waiting for 6.0 to come out, that one should have many of my major complaints fixed so we will see.
I'm sure by the version 7.0 Kicad will be very serious software. At this moment it's not. Yet.
And yes, I'm old enough that I was making my films with Letraset by hand. That also could and was done. Compared to that Kicad is fantastic. Compared to most of the pro tools of today, it's not. It's great at some things and (still) completely amateur hour in some places. But as I said, it is galloping forward and it's better every day. I'm sure I'l start using in next few versions.. Maybe even v 6.

kaz911:
Celebration time!!!

It is now been 1 whole year!!! since Altium officially announced Circuit Make Pro - and without delivering anything!  :palm:

https://resources.altium.com/p/coming-soon-altium-circuitmaker-pror

--- Quote ---Altium CircuitMaker Pro is currently in Beta testing. After the Beta cycle is complete, the program will be released for commercial sale.
--- End quote ---

So lets get the dancing shoes out - have a "barbie" on the beach and enjoy another year with no real Altium Circuit Maker/Studio updates.

:popcorn:

H.O:
Any news on the CS Pro or whatever?
It's been what? 2 years now?

Anyway....
I got an email from my "Personal Altium Contact" who asked if there was anything he could do for me (sell me stuff - obviously). I explained to him my difficulties in renewing my CS license, that the option to do it from within the app doesn't exist for me and that Farnell refuses to accept my order due me not being/having a registered company.

Low and behold - he promptly forwarded my email to another bloke who promptly came back to me with the solution: "Please contact Farnell, our global partner, to renew your CircuitStudio Licence".  :palm:

Who are these people?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version