Electronics > Circuit Studio

Circuit Studio Dead? (again!)

<< < (23/44) > >>

Joel_l:
I gave up on Altium, what they do is worse than just lack of support. They put out fake news about updates to generate some cash then disappear again without having delivered anything.

I left CS and went to DipTrace.

negativ3:
So... my subscription to their almighty content vault has expired and won't be getting renewed. A truly awesome example of how not to release and support any software, nor how to gain customers or loyalty.

Diptrace gets my vote after spending an hour with it, having gerbers which passed the manufacturing test and finding features which don't bug me!

£130 doesn't seem bad for 4-layer, 1000 pin, non commercial.

johnboxall:

--- Quote from: negativ3 on May 17, 2022, 06:46:12 am ---Diptrace gets my vote after spending an hour with it

--- End quote ---

Yeah it's pretty good and I found it very easy to get up to speed with it. The support team are quite responsive on their forum as well. Plus they're in Ukraine, so money their way is good too.

Smokey:

--- Quote from: johnboxall on May 17, 2022, 08:02:31 am ---
--- Quote from: negativ3 on May 17, 2022, 06:46:12 am ---Diptrace gets my vote after spending an hour with it

--- End quote ---

Yeah it's pretty good and I found it very easy to get up to speed with it. The support team are quite responsive on their forum as well. Plus they're in Ukraine, so money their way is good too.

--- End quote ---

hah.  and here I am concerned about the unpredictability of Chinese suppliers..

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: Smokey on April 12, 2022, 11:23:36 am ---Need to recommend a PCB design software package to a friend.  The concept of CircuitStudio is sort of in the sweet spot for what they are looking to do.  Shame Altium didn't maintain it.
Altium is still advertising circuitstudio with no mention of "CircuitMaker Pro" on their site.
Docs page still lists last version as "CIRCUITSTUDIO 1.5 Released:  24 May 2018 - Version: 1.5.1 (build 13) ": http://documentation.circuitstudio.com/display/CSTU/New+in+CircuitStudio

Anyone know anything new about this?

--- End quote ---

Surely he's dead Jim?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version