Electronics > Circuit Studio

Circuit Studio Dead? (again!)

<< < (25/25)

IanJ:
I was on the CS/CMPro beta for a couple of years......I came off it a few months ago after I got fed up. I gave Altium a closing report when I left.
I switched to KiCad when V6 came out. I haven't looked back.

Ian.

bestel:

--- Quote from: IanJ on May 25, 2022, 07:26:38 pm ---I was on the CS/CMPro beta for a couple of years......I came off it a few months ago after I got fed up. I gave Altium a closing report when I left.

Ian.

--- End quote ---

I was looking for an upgrade to gain post-routing signal integrity with Altium/Orcad Pro/eCadStar, but it's *really* expensive.
May I should switch on Kicad/Qucs/LTSpice/... and spend the money on hardware?

Because AFAIK Eagle/AltiumCS/AltiumCM offer nothing more than Kicad?

nctnico:

--- Quote from: bestel on June 17, 2022, 07:12:48 pm ---
--- Quote from: IanJ on May 25, 2022, 07:26:38 pm ---I was on the CS/CMPro beta for a couple of years......I came off it a few months ago after I got fed up. I gave Altium a closing report when I left.

Ian.

--- End quote ---

I was looking for an upgrade to gain post-routing signal integrity with Altium/Orcad Pro/eCadStar, but it's *really* expensive.
May I should switch on Kicad/Qucs/LTSpice/... and spend the money on hardware?

Because AFAIK Eagle/AltiumCS/AltiumCM offer nothing more than Kicad?

--- End quote ---
That depends on how much you need signal integrity simulation. At this moment Kicad doesn't match up to Altium or Orcad for more complex boards (FPGA / SoC) if you value your time / want to work efficiently.

bestel:
Actually, I have no problem applying good practices, but having some simulations will be clearly better (I'm a pro, but I only do 3 board or so per years).

Maybe I should just take some times on my "free time" to help the community to develop this kind of functionnalities...  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version