Author Topic: CircuitStudio v1.4  (Read 13519 times)

Offline kaz911

• Super Contributor
Re: CircuitStudio v1.4
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2017, 12:10:59 pm »
At 50% price and with Eagle doing what they've done I think it's a no brainer to get CS.

Where I live, that's still about 35% of my monthly salary. At a full price it was simply out of scope for my hobbyist use. Now it's worth considering but still far from no brainer for folks like me, unfortunately. It sucks when you decide to shell out this much and then read they've messed up rotation of components (as per your own other post) and offer dirty workarounds for that :)

You will NEVER find a tool that is great in all areas... There will always be something "messed up" that wont get fixed anytime soon. I use(d) DipTrace and it has it quirks as well. Now I use CS and I'm actually quite happy with it - yes it has quirks - and different quirks compared to Diptrace - but all in all a good deal. And if someone throws me in front of an Altium Designer now - I'm not completely lost :) For you that might mean better job opportunities in the future. For me it means I might land some consultancy jobs I would not have landed or even bid on before.

The following users thanked this post: Zbig, GlowingGhoul

Offline ricktusl

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2017, 03:13:52 am »
Nope. Don't waste your time with Cirtcuit Studio. The half-price ain't even worth it.
I am still having problems with licensing which takes them forever to fix.

I called Altium directly. they told me they don't support Circuit Studio while element14 points their finger at Alitum.

Customer support is extremely poor.. I suspect circuit studio is already dead.
Orcad has much better support.. at least the tech guys are much more responsive than element14/altium

Offline Harvs

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2017, 05:10:39 am »
Nope. Don't waste your time with Cirtcuit Studio. The half-price ain't even worth it.
I am still having problems with licensing which takes them forever to fix.

I called Altium directly. they told me they don't support Circuit Studio while element14 points their finger at Alitum.

Customer support is extremely poor.. I suspect circuit studio is already dead.
Orcad has much better support.. at least the tech guys are much more responsive than element14/altium

So you joined this forum to SPAM several threads with the same text....

The following users thanked this post: GlowingGhoul

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2017, 06:33:57 am »
Seems like they've also done something about DPI awareness? Although the text in library panel is still tiny.

Yes, I am forced to use it on my 15.6" FHD laptop because on my 27" 4K monitor it is unreadable unless I get the binoculars out, no response on the element 14 whatever you call that poor excuse for a forum/blog.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf