Author Topic: Does CS have an autosave feature?  (Read 3258 times)

Offline trevwhiteTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Does CS have an autosave feature?
« on: March 05, 2017, 11:01:28 pm »
I have spent a bit of time getting my head around CS. I have had it crash a few times and was wondering if it auto saves files and if there are some settings for this?

I can't afford to be sitting there paranoid that at any moment it might crash and I will lose my work. Hoping autosave exists.

Trev

Offline voltsandjolts

• Supporter
Re: Does CS have an autosave feature?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 01:33:48 pm »
I can't see autosave either.
It is mentioned in File > System preferences > Data management > Local History - checkbox to put autosaved files in History folder. Guess they forgot to remove that.
I would have expected to see autosave options under File > System preferences > System > Backup  :(

Offline ahbushnell

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 02:43:12 pm »
I have spent a bit of time getting my head around CS. I have had it crash a few times and was wondering if it auto saves files and if there are some settings for this?

I can't afford to be sitting there paranoid that at any moment it might crash and I will lose my work. Hoping autosave exists.

Trev
Control S to save.  I do that all the time in all software.  But autosave would be nice.

Andy

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline GlowingGhoul

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 03:08:56 pm »
Poking around in configuration files, I can see remnants of an autosave function, but it appears to be one of the "efficiency" functions they removed to differentiate Circuit Studio from Altium Designer.

Unfortunate, but no big deal for me.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf