Author Topic: Suddenly cannot print anything but the BOM  (Read 3740 times)

Offline jmarkwolfTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Suddenly cannot print anything but the BOM
« on: February 06, 2018, 10:43:06 pm »
I've been working on a design for a week, and everything has been going well. But now, suddenly, when I tried to print another set of SchDoc and PcbDoc PDF's for the client review, it defaults to printing the BOM and never prints the other files. I've tried altering all the output configuration options I can find and nothing changes.

I've tried "unchecking" everything except the SchDoc's from the Home/Project/Generate Outputs, but it seems to have no effect. Still prints the BOM.

I'm unable to uncheck anything in the Project/Project Options/Default Prints. Once it's checked in that particular dialog, it stays checked.

I tried closing all unecessary files in the project panel, and rebooting the computer, and nothing changes. It will print nothing but the BOM.

Even just trying to "View" Schematic prints from "Generate Output Files" dialog, shows nothing but the BOM.

I'm running v4.1.

Help, I'm stuck on this one.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 10:57:39 pm by jmarkwolf »

Online voltsandjolts

• Supporter
Re: Suddenly cannot print anything but the BOM
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 09:27:52 am »
Hmm, time for a re-install perhaps?

Offline jmarkwolfTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Suddenly cannot print anything but the BOM
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 08:03:25 pm »
Update:

It turns out that the "outjob" file can become corrupted, in which case it can do crazy things like I was experiencing. The fix is apparently to move the file out of the design folder, or rename it.

Seemed to resolve my issue.

The "outjob" process is a means by which you can configure a big "batch file" and print all your output files in a batch. Never liked the option, even in Altium. The alternative is to select the file type and print them in sequence seperately. I can live with this.

The following users thanked this post: voltsandjolts

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf