Products > Computers

Live-stream from Garmin watches via ANT+ stick & virtual box (evtl. coud, IOT)

<< < (25/26) > >>

Peter Gamma:
Why to use a special ANT+ standard, and why to use a .fit file format? Why not use BLE sensors instead, and record data in a file format which can also be processed by Data Analysis software like Matlab?

Peter Gamma:
A file format which can be accessed by Matlab, Excel or other standard software, and does not need special converter software from a Data Scientist before it has a clear and transparent data structure :--.

Peter Gamma:
To find the .csv generated by a training tracker is a bit tricky. First, you have to tick on in a training tracker, that you want .csv. Only then a folder is generated. I could find the folder with the .csv by connecting my Galaxy S5 to the PC, and then seraching for .csv files on the phone.

This PC\Galaxy S5\Phone\Android\data\com.atrainingtracker\files\CSV

Once you got the .csv files, they are very clear. A clear time stamp, a clear data structure  :-+. Similar to the data struture generated by Data Scientist Max Candocias .fit to .csv Python script.

Peter Gamma:
My goal is to replace ANT+ sensors, .fit file format, and Garmin Connect by alternative products. The world whould be a much better place for people who love their data and want free and easy access to it,with good alternatives to those products :).

Peter Gamma:
With a setup of Polar OH1 connected to a  Garmin watch, Polar H7 connected to a training tracker, and Bitalino ECG connected to OpenSignals or OpenSignals mobile, you can record three heart rate sensors simultaneously, which are already tested for their accuracy by scientific methods, and you are able to compare your recordings to the scientific data.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version