Author Topic: "Look, a new R & S oscilloscope" - a illustrated tale  (Read 2421 times)

Offline babysitterTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • pushing silicon at work
"Look, a new R & S oscilloscope" - a illustrated tale
« on: October 02, 2017, 04:41:35 pm »
Once upon a time, King Dave the I. called the citizen of EEVblogistan to apply for a contest.
Unlike most contests, this time it was not the heart of a wonderful princess to win but a wonderful gadget that showed the strength of signals over the passage of time, which was given to the King by a friendly company from Munich. He requested that the applicants make a show for the televisor where they tell why they actually need the gadget.

And the people scrambled to their camera obscura(s) and submitted their products to Sir Youtube. But only one of them won the first price.

But King Dave the I. and the friendly company of Munich looked upon the good people who applied but didn't get the first prize, so they spoke: "Let there be three further devices released for those who didn't win the big price!"

One participant who realised that he didn't win the first prize went on with his life. One day, he unsuspecting opened his email and he found a message from King Dave the 1., announcing that he has won another scope.

And he cheered up and told his community from the wonderful Schaffenburg hackerspace at the lovely main valley that they won a brand new Rohde & Schwarz HMO1212.

The other hackers celebrated and waited for a letter from munich, which came shortly after and announced that they will send their prize soon!

The hackers waited and talked and realized that they might remove one of the bulky old oscilloscopes, made by a glassblower, and replace it by the nice flat one.

On the first day of october, the courageous knight who entered the game got a visit from the messenger, who had the brand new scope in his bag. So he sent a message to yours truly like this

who was right then in the hacker space and I was like

and the other guys there immediately were like

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:03:34 pm by babysitter »
I'm not a feature, I'm a bug! ARC DG3HDA

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza, Rich@RohdeScopesUSA

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
Re: "Look, a new R & S oscilloscope" - a illustrated tale
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 05:41:46 pm »
LOL! Congrats to the courageous knight and his squires. :-+

(We really need a happy scope smiley!)
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline babysitterTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • pushing silicon at work
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 09:32:18 pm »
Videos might appear soon...
I'm not a feature, I'm a bug! ARC DG3HDA

Offline Rich@RohdeScopesUSA

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 03:44:07 pm »
That was awesome - might have to read it to my kids for their bedtime story tonight  :-DD

Congrats on the new scope - I know you and your hackerspace mates will put it to good use!

-Rich

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf