Author Topic: FeelTech FY6800 Signal Generator Free Trial  (Read 56996 times)

Offline feeltechTopic starter

• Contributor
  • !
FeelTech FY6800 Signal Generator Free Trial
« on: April 04, 2018, 08:50:11 am »
In order to thank our customers for their support and love for feeltech Technology Co., Ltd., the company decided to launch a “free trial” event.Five FY6800 signal generators will be distributed for free at this event.
Activity Rules:
1.   Activity time:2018.4.4-2018.4.13
2.   Must be a registered member of http://www.eevblog.com/.
3.   Must have more than five years of experience in the development of electronic engineers
4.   Must have electronic related instrumentation equipment (oscilloscope, multimeter).
5.   Users who have obtained "free trial" qualification and have received the signal generator must send relevant "performance test", "functional evaluation", "relevant advice" or "use tutorial" etc. on the eevblog forum or YouTube.Bowen or video.
6.   You must following to FeelTech's official Twitter before signing up for the trial, https://twitter.com/feelelec.
7.   Please send your own post or video address to activity@feeltech.net.
8.   We will conduct post or video quality monitoring and evaluation for all users who have obtained the "free trial". The top two users will be used as the next "free trial" quota.
9.   The right of final interpretation of this event is owned by FeelTech Technology Co., Ltd.?
how to apply:
Please send the following content to activity@feeltech.net to register successfully. We will announce the list of successful “free trial” activities on Twitter and eevblog forum at the same time.
1.Name
2. Country
3. Job position:
4. Working years:
5. own photo of the instrument
6. Forum Account
7. Related achievements in the electronics field (included in eevblog posts, related electronic products created by you, you own blogs, tweets...) All can prove that you possess electronic related ability.
Related product introduction
Appearance:

Product Description:

FY6800 series Dual-channel Function / Arbitrary waveform generator is a set of Function Signal Generator, Arbitrary Waveform Generator, Pulse Generator, Analog / Digital modulator, VCO, Sweep, Counters and Frequency Meter and other functions in a high Performance, cost-effective, multi-function signal generator. Abundant shortcut keys and graphical user interface simplifies every operation. Users do not have to spend a lot of time to learn and familiar with the operation of the instrument, you can be skilled use. For education, research and development, production, testing, maintenance and other industries to provide a new choice.
     The instrument adopt the Direct Digital Synthesizer (DDS) technology and provide stable, precise, pure and low distortion signals. Surface mounting technology improves interference immunity and operational life span. Due to communications with extensive users and fully understanding to users’ practice, we regard users’ demand as the most important factor in R&D. Continuously innovation and listening users’ suggestions, we try to offer customers better products with higher cost performance.

Main Features:
?    Adopt the Direct Digital Synthesizer (DDS) technology and provide stable, precise, pure and low distortion signals.
?    2.4 inch TFT Color LCD with 320×240 resolution, displaying parameters and graphics of the two channels at the same time.
?    The instrument uses 14-bit high-speed D/A converter chip (5Vpp output quantization error is less than 1mV), 250MSa/s sample rate, 14bits vertical resolution.
?    Can output up to 97 groups of functions / arbitrary waveform, contains 33 groups of preset waveforms and 64 groups of user-defined waveforms. Preset waveforms: Sine, Square (Duty Cycle adjustable), Pulse (Pulse width and cycle time can be set accurately), Triangle/Ramp, CMOS(0~10V), Four channels TTL, Exponential Rise, Exponential Fall, Noise, ECG, DC etc.
?    Enable to store 64 arbitrary waveform data files, each one of waveform storage depth 8192 points * 14bits;
?    Various modulation types: AM, FM, PM, ASK, FSK and PSK modulations.
?    Sweep Function: It can sweep 4 properties of signals including frequency, amplitude, offset and duty cycle; It has Linear and Logarithm two sweep types; 0.01S~999.99S sweep time; Up, Down and roundtrip sweep directions.
?    VCO Function (Voltage Control Output): Can be achieved by an external input signal?  voltage controlling frequency, voltage controlling amplitude, voltage controlling offset, voltage controlling duty cycle and PWM modulations.
?    Burst Output Function: There has Manual Trigger, internal CH2 Trigger, and External Trigger for your options. It can output 1~1048575 pulse trains.
?    100M Frequency meter function: It can measure frequency, period, pulse width and duty cycle. Max. frequency workable is 100MHz and Min. frequency workable is 0.01 Hz.
?    Counter Function: It has 2 coupling measure modes including DC coupling and AC coupling. This design can solve inaccuracy problem of AC coupling.
?    Standard dual full functional channels which are equivalent to two independent generators.
?    Channel SYNC Function: Support waveform copy and state copy between channels.
?    Support two or more signal generators connected to achieve multi-channel output, the maximum support 16-channel synchronous output, the phase between each channel can be adjusted.
?    Precisely adjust the phases of the two channels, Precision can be 0.01°.
?    Minimum amplitude resolution can be up to 1 mV. Amplitude range is 0~20Vpp.
?    Duty-cycle of each channel can be adjusted independently0.01%-99.99%, the adjusting resolution is 0.01%.
?    -10V~+10V DC Offset function. Resolution 0.001V.
?    Save function: It can save 20 sets user-set parameters and can be loaded at anytime.
?    Communicating function: All functions can be controlled by PC program and the communication protocol is open for secondary development.
?    Output short-circuit protection: All channels can work more than 60 seconds when the load is short-circuited.
?    Provide powerful waveform editing PC software. Users can download arbitrary waveform to this instrument after edit through PC program which is included in user CD.
?    Adopt ABS plastic shell with table type design. Use 100-240V (AC) wide range voltage power supply.
?    Can choose our FYA2000S series or FPA1000 series power amplifier to output 20W~100W signal in DC-10MHz width without any distortion.

Technical Specification

Unless specified, all specifications can be guaranteed if the following two conditions are met.
?    The generator has passed self-inspection.
?    The generator has been working continuously for at least 30 minutes    under the specified temperature (18?~28?).

All the specifications are guaranteed unless those marked with “typical”

« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 08:59:51 am by feeltech »
FeelTech-Professional signal generator and liquid crystal solution
Provide custom development services!
Invites all agents to join us.

Offline alpher

• Frequent Contributor
Re: FeelTech FY6800 Signal Generator Free Trial
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 12:52:45 pm »
I for once would like to know when can I buy one and how much they're going to cost?

The following users thanked this post: Fire Doger

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 04:24:31 pm »
FeelTech,

It's great that you're taking this opportunity to get the community involved in trying out your upcoming signal generator. However, if you really want to get your equipment in the hands of customers who can tell you what works and what doesn't, you'll find them at https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/feeltech-fy6600-60mhz-2-ch-vco-function-arbitrary-waveform-signal-generator/ and should probably hire some of them. The work they're doing in that thread is pretty amazing.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline Bob Sava

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 04:34:53 pm »
Can FY-6800 firmware be updated by customer or whole unit has to be shipped back to you?

Offline ikrase

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 05:53:20 pm »
Well looks like the other shoe has dropped. I'm interested in seeing the guts.

I definitely have a use for such a thing, and an application that would put it to the test, but I don't think I have the requirements for this.

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 06:43:09 pm »
Compared with users like fremen67 that definitely deserves a free unit, not to mention many others, I did almost nothing except starting the the avalanche a bit.
I still think I deserve my 3.1 firmware unit replaced, along with all the other 3.0/3.1 firmware units.
You have only one threat practically to look into it, but  I have a feeling that will be probably the only Feeltech post, or one of the very few, same like this "Amy" person that started the other thread.
And yes, would have been nice to actually answer my emails, sent long ago.

Good luck to the winners, personally I will not give my private information for 100EUR, but some others maybe will do it.

DC1MC

Offline cybermaus

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 06:45:00 pm »
Buttons sure look nicer.

I sort of hope that it is similar enough to FY6600 that the custom firmware fremen67 is developing can be made to work with little effort.
The only difference in specs I see is "Save function: It can save 20 sets user-set parameters and can be loaded at anytime." and that is purely software.

So if the only real changes are the PSU and buttons, that should be the case.
Even if they improved XO and OpAmp

But the big question is: Is the factory firmware upgrade-able?

Offline cybermaus

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 06:54:27 pm »
7. Related achievements in the electronics field (included in eevblog posts, related electronic products created by you, you own blogs, tweets...) All can prove that you possess electronic related ability.

Translation: 'Prove that you are a electronics professional, so we may send you this hobby instrument.....'

LOL. You guys do not understand your target audience do you? At least not the western part (not sure about china internal market I admit)
Just send one to fremen67 already. He already bought two of your devices and is the undisputed leader of the eevblog effort.

Anyway: Not signing up myself. I do not do stuff like twitter and facebook.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 07:32:44 pm by cybermaus »

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 07:01:49 pm »
FeelTech, here's a link to fremen67's profile, for convenience. You can PM him a message. ;)
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018, 07:02:49 pm »

Translation: 'Prove that you are a electronics professional, so we may send you this hobby instrument.....'

LOL. You guys do not understand your target audience do you? At least not the western part (not sure about china internal market I admit)
Just send one to fremen67 already. He already bought two of your devices and is the undisputed leader of the eevblog effort.

Yes, just send one to fremen67, don't waste time, a good review from him may convince me to buy a new one and get rid of the old.

DC1MC

Offline jleg

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 08:05:19 pm »
I still think I deserve my 3.1 firmware unit replaced, along with all the other 3.0/3.1 firmware units.
You have only one threat practically to look into it, but  I have a feeling that will be probably the only Feeltech post, or one of the very few, same like this "Amy" person that started the other thread.
And yes, would have been nice to actually answer my emails, sent long ago.

Yes, good idea to help potential owners of a FY6800 by praising Feeltech‘s support:
My FY6600-60 with FW3.0 suffered from known firmware-related „becoming a useless brick“ error, shortly after Paypal refund period.  The seller („echoii_mall“) promised to send a replacement when i pay additional shipping fee (which i did), of course i never got a replacement unit.
Contacted Feeltech, they promised to help - i never ever heard back from them. Chapter closed.

The following users thanked this post: sokoloff, xavier60, Jacon

Offline spec123

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 08:44:54 pm »
On the plus side on new FY6800...
They have fixed the ground problem with new AC power connector.
Front panel buttons and layout look good.. but was happy with old layout and buttons.
SYNC button is gone but there is now VCO button.
Added a new button labeled OK.  What is it for?

On the other side....
All the technical specifications of FY6800 seem to be the same as FY6600.
Frequency stability and accuracy specs seem to be the same.  FY6600 had frequency jitter and stability problems.
Are the output amplifiers the same? Distortion the same? Questions are not addressed.

It seems that this may be a repackaged FY6600 with a corrected AC power connector and new front panel buttons.

Not going to apply for free sample unit and give away all that private info.

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 10:13:28 pm »
It's only a "Free trial" ?  I think this competition should be in the "Jobs" section.  :)
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

The following users thanked this post: CustomEngineerer

Offline DaveR

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 01:12:51 am »

It seems that this may be a repackaged FY6600 with a corrected AC power connector and new front panel buttons.

That's probably exactly what the FY6800 is, and now that we've demonstrated that different op amps and XO make a big improvement, they'll be included in the FY6900 model, to be released in August/September.

Any free samples should be given to those who bought the "lemon" versions, to show some goodwill towards previous customers.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 01:19:41 am by DaveR »

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 09:43:29 pm »
I still can't define "Free Trial", although with the conditions, I can see why you'd feel like you're On Trial!
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

Offline brainwash

• Frequent Contributor
    • Hack Correlation
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 12:34:46 am »
I'm sorry to point the obvious, but, this thread doesn't belong in the 'contest' category. More like "lease in exchange of coming up with marketing material". So it belongs to "jobs", at best, but more accurately in "requesting free stuff", if there is such a topic.

Better to just send some units to the guys that have experience with previous Feeltech products (a few even mentioned above). Just shortcut the entire charade, it doesn't seem to be working that well anyway (2 followers on twitter as of now).

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2018, 02:12:26 am »
I'm not sure if it is quite that obvious...

I, too, am a bit confused about the "Free Trial" bit in the title.

For this to be in the "Contests" section, I would be expecting the five units on offer to be given to the five winners, for them to keep - but nowhere is this explicitly stated.  Quite the contrary, the use of the word "Trial" indicates that after the review is submitted, they will want the units back.

Choosing the winners as has been described is not unreasonable, nor is the requirement that they provide a review - IMO - but the units would need to be kept by the winners, otherwise this is nothing but a poorly presented 'con' to get reviews.

Offline cybermaus

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2018, 04:52:16 am »
A bit too negative with the comments guys. I am sure the confusion between "free" and "trail" is due to Chinglish, we would not fair much better with lingo reversed. I am not participating myself (no twitter for me, I only follow local police alerts), but let some kids win a free sample and be happy with it. But yes, some acknowledgement for the active other thread (name has already been named) would probably help set a more positive tone to Freetech's own advantage.

Offline spec123

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2018, 01:48:10 pm »
Free units or not, Feeltech is getting a lot of free publicity from this little sales campaign.

Those of us with older FY6600 units have an obligation to point out the problems for new buyers. Many older units failed prematurely. The original design had flaws, like failing to provide AC mains grounding. And there are others.

But, perhaps, worst of all is the lack of customer support. Many of us have contacted customer support without getting response. Or, they claim you do not know how to operate the unit. IMHO they actually understand the problem or question but fail to address it.

New buyers should be aware of these things. As for me, my unit is finally working good, thanks to the help from this group. But everyone cannot solder these tiny ICs and could end up stuck with a poor unit. In my case, I am not signing up for this promotion. I do not like the way it is presented. And, I shudder to think about how it would be to deal with  these guys.

The following users thanked this post: Jacon

Offline Rasz

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2018, 03:48:27 pm »
Free Trial, just like 6600 model was recalled, aka they stopped responding to customers with bad units.

My FY6600-60 with FW3.0 suffered from known firmware-related „becoming a useless brick“ error, shortly after Paypal refund period.  The seller („echoii_mall“) promised to send a replacement when i pay additional shipping fee (which i did), of course i never got a replacement unit.
Contacted Feeltech, they promised to help - i never ever heard back from them. Chapter closed.

dont squander the opportunity to repeat this great user experience by buying 6800 model now!!1
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.
My fireplace is on fire, but in all the wrong places.

Offline SMB784

• Frequent Contributor
    • Tequity Surplus
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2018, 04:00:08 pm »
If FeelTech is indeed reading this thread, listen up.

You have a PR disaster on your hands.  Two entire software revisions of your devices were defective; one of which resulted in bricked units which either you or your distributors refused to repair or replace.

Your customers are hobbyists and talented engineers.  You took their money, and left them with a broken device.  You have given them no options except one: take your broken equipment that you stuck them with and make it work again.  The result of this is that they have reverse engineered your entire device lineup for this model series.  They have no reason to buy another one, because they have already made yours better, and have published the inner workings, schematics, and detailed information on how to modify these devices online.

If you want to mitigate this disaster, you need to act immediately: send everyone whom you sold defective 3.0 and 3.1 units a working device (revision 3.2 seems to work ok so far, I suggest you start here).  Your new device that you are pushing on us isn't better than the ones that have already been modified.  Your new device is DOA if you don't fix this.  It may already be too late.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 04:17:19 pm by SMB784 »

The following users thanked this post: Doctorandus_P

Offline cybermaus

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2018, 04:23:20 pm »
It can be even simpler: just release the 3.2 firmware as a up-loadable file. 90% or better of the user community here on eevblog will next fix their own devices without additional cost to Feeltech *and* the device has potential to become popular if mistakes can be fixed and it can be played with

Also, my note above toward negativity was on complaining over the wording whether this was a contest and how they mix up words for free and trail.  Not worth it.
The bad firmware remarks are very much to the point. Note that I asked about upgrade able firmware earlier in this thread. Those are the valid complaints

Offline ikrase

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2018, 05:16:10 pm »
Oh yikes. I guess that definitely establishes a difference between the Feeltech and JDS units

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2018, 02:39:10 am »
Also, my note above toward negativity was on complaining over the wording whether this was a contest and how they mix up words for free and trail.  Not worth it.
I disagree.

If it was an item to keep, then it has appeal and I would consider entering.  If I'm just being loaned a unit for the purpose of giving a review, then they can go jump.

Whether the unit is any good or not seems to have been buried under a cloud of prior experience.  That is a separate issue - but it seems to be the overriding one.

Offline Fire Doger

• Regular Contributor
  • Stefanos
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2018, 03:07:38 am »
It can be even simpler: just release the 3.2 firmware as a up-loadable file.
If they release the file then other manufacturers will replicate the unit veeery fast. If it was an obsolete model then loss would be small but their new model its the same with rubber buttons and new psu (according to specs)...
Of course they could implement an encryption and decryption on bootloader but that's should be done on a newer model with pre-programmed bootloader, idk if they have done in 6800 but I am sure they are not gonna release anything for 6600.

The positive is that we will have a better enclosure for the opensource software ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf