Author Topic: GIVEAWAY: Rohde & Schwarz RTB2004 Oscilloscope  (Read 70389 times)

Offline vivekmathema

Re: GIVEAWAY: Rohde & Schwarz RTB2004 Oscilloscope
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2017, 02:21:15 am »
Dear Dave,

Hello, I am Vivek Mathema from Thailand, I have been your regular viewer in EEVBLOG. I am currently doing a research in cancer cell and I would love to study the use of per-defined electrical pulses on cancer cells.  Professionally, I am not electrical engineer and my budget is very limited but with my deep enthusiasm towards electronics I do manage to make a few electronic gadgets whenever possible.

As a student, I cannot afford to buy even an entry level oscilloscope because anything over 100 us$ is out of my reach. In desperation, I did one tried once to utilize cheap DSO138 Oscilloscope kit, but it didn’t work well and I couldn’t figure out what’s wrong. Finally, I made an Arduino-based Poor man’s oscilloscope which has very limited functionality. Basically, It’s a portable oscilloscope powered by arduino uno with a touch screen, a built-in Li-Pol cell, a Li-Pol charger circuit, a voltage booster and a voltage divider module which allows me to measure up to 25 volts of DC input as opposed to traditional 5 volt limit in most Arduinos. However, anything above 1 KHz signal it’s very difficult and virtually impossible to measure with any clarity and precision. I was planning to make a gadget (in a crude terms) which would read a sensor measurement (e.g. CO2 gas level) from a cell culture and feed-in appropriate pulse of square wave signal as output and study the effect of the Pulse on cell growth by later measuring viability. However, I am quite stuck in my project as I do not have Oscilloscope (or funding to buy one) to measure quality of my output signal so I cannot adjust my signal as well. I do plan to use amplifier ICs/circuit to amplify output pulse strength on the output once I have oscilloscope. In Thailand, we don’t even have eBAY so that I could not buy a cheap second hand Oscilloscope as well.
========

Here’s a quick 2 min Video I made: (Main Video for the GIVEAWAY)

Youtube link:   
(Sorry that I had to speak fast to limit video within 2 min and the quality of video is not very good)

I do had attached few pictures of my oscilloscope and prototype gadget too. please check it out

======
As you calmed, EEVBLOG is for anyone from a Professional in electronics to a Hobbyist like me, I hope I do have a chance to make my dream come true by winning this GIVEAWAY…Honestly, it means a lot to me.

Even though, I lack any funding and I am struggling myself for a living, I do love to contribute something to the internet and to others like me. In this quest, I do have barely managed to register myself in Google Play Store and made Software related to Graphs, Waves and also a crude Arbitrary Sine wave Generator for Android Mobile devices. I have given it for FREE (Absolutely NO adds, NO any in-apps purchases) to everyone. I did manage to check the quality of my software output tone/wave on few devices but It would be nice if I had my own nice oscilloscope to check the arbitrary waveform. I would gladly make more advance and accurate software (freeware)in future if I had access to my own Oscilloscope. Hence, in this context, your Giveaway would be a great asset for me.

Here is the youtube link of my crude Arbitrary Signal generator App
========
VIDEO LINK ( extra video regarding the software, optional )
Link:

MX Arbitrary Wave Generator (Google Play store)

Google Play store App link:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.MXArbigen.www&hl=en

I do had attached a picture of my app screenshot too. please check it out

========
In addition, I have also acknowledged you (with all your web links) and others as my inspiration for my arbitrary waveform software development.

Dear Dave, I am willing to accept all your terms and conditions for the GIVEAWAY, and I recently came to know that there is no any restriction on the import of the parcel (including Oscilloscope) from Australia to Thailand.

Hope, you take interest on my sincere and honest request.

Thank you Dave & EEVBLOG community.

(^___^)

Offline petee

« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2017, 04:24:19 am »
Hi Dave - My son asked me to build a robot so we've been learning electronics together.  It's been a great learning experience and good father/son time.  I hope you like the video we made!  He doesn't quite understand what an oscilloscope does yet but maybe he'll learn :)

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 04:27:24 am by petee »

Offline KeyMonstrous

« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2017, 11:28:11 am »
Hello Dave and David,

High school student here from Croatia, hope you enjoy the video.
(Apologies for the shaky camera, had auto-stabilization off)

https://youtu.be/6Uwn_oTi0J4

Offline pmurray4

• Contributor
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2017, 12:23:46 pm »
I would love to get my hands on this scope, it would help with my projects and channel immensely,
We have one at work and its a really gone one, but its being used all the time so I don't get a chance to do my own projects on it :(

Hopefully I can get it and I will pass on my Sencore 100MHz CRT scope to someone else who needs a scope without the need of all the fancy measurement features.

I did apply for the job David 2 now has, I cried for weeks when I didn't get it (sympathy plug) so this may help ease the pain  ;)

https://youtu.be/cuSNieftymQ

Offline vpetrog

• Contributor
  • ECE Student
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2017, 03:44:13 pm »
Greetings from the very hot Athens, Greece. Lucy and I hope, that you will excuse the 1 second longer than allowed video :D

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 03:52:29 pm by vpetrog »
My first OSH project ArduGen
https://hackaday.io/project/19134-ardugen

The following users thanked this post: pknoe3lh

Offline OlegKutkov

« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2017, 06:13:36 pm »
Hi Dave.

I'm engineer from the Criman astrophysical observatory (CrAO). Long time subscriber, thanks for your great videos!
Here in CrAO i'm developing many of hardware and software projects for real science and my own amateur projects.
Sorry for video length, it little bit longer than 2 minutes. Really i shot a lot videos and tried to put this in your limits withot loosing details...
So, this video is about 3 meter amateur radiotelescope. This device developing for hydrogen line observation, known objects monitoring and new sources detection. Additionally i've tried to combine main receiver with a 10-12 Ghz LNB. This is pure experimental construction.
Unfortunately my lab doesn't have required or very good instruments for developing such complex projects. So some parts is just calculated and tested on the antenna without any laboratory tests.
And i'm only one sw and hw developer on this projects. I have an colleague and friend who helps me with materials and mechanics.  Our finances is very limited so we unable to get modern tools.
Of course your scope will be a good addition in this (and future) work.
This projects is fully open and i will publish all the source codes and schematics on github.
Anyway if i don't win i just happy to announce this project and open to any advices and questions.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 06:17:00 pm by OlegKutkov »

Offline aditya123rsl

« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2017, 06:30:38 pm »

Offline Avi

• Contributor
    • my project wiki
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2017, 07:29:35 pm »
Hi Dave & David8) I'm from Australia, Not Austria! I met you (Dave) a couple of times at the Electronex exhibition in Melbourne.  :-DMM
Thank you for this contest opportunity!  :-+ :clap:
I had assumed 2 minutes would be more than enough time for my entry video, turned out it hardly was!  :palm:
My old analog scope could benefit from an upgrade!  :-BROKE
  • The trace is wonky
  • Some scan rates are out of spec
  • It's difficult to measure anything
  • It's difficult (or sometimes impossible) to even get to the part I want to measure
  • And don't get me started on packets and protocols!  :scared:
That being said, here is my video entry.  :popcorn:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 08:03:11 pm by Avi »

Offline tatus1969

• Super Contributor
  • Resistance is futile - We Are The Watt.
    • keenlab
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2017, 09:39:23 pm »
Hi Dav{e,id},

it was a lot of fun just making that video, thanks for that incentive. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did ;-)

No need to write more about me here, it's all in the clip!

Cheers
Frank

https://youtu.be/25pkBIit5jY
We Are The Watt - Resistance Is Futile!

Offline Prime

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2017, 10:21:06 pm »
Hi,

Here is my submission. I'm an electronics engineer, I'm busy setting up my own electronics lab. I want to do more of my own development and design work without having to borrow equipment from work or friends.

I'm currently studying part time towards a masters degree in electronic engineering while working full time for an engineering startup. The main subject of my video is the test bed for my masters research - it's to study different active battery balancing strategies. However I'd like to take it further into development and perhaps even production, once I've improved on it, and completed my degree.

Hope you enjoy the video :)

https://youtu.be/ZDPeS68Q-kc

Offline Kangurito

« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2017, 12:30:32 am »

I hope you like my project. It'll be open source later this year and I'd love community support for it.

Thanks
Trev

Offline mateuszSKALP

« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2017, 03:44:13 am »
Hi Dave and David!

We are SKALP, group of robotics constructors from Poland. We want to use your scope in most important project that could be!
See video to find out what that is ;)

https://youtu.be/8JAeXiFcd-M

Offline CaptainJinx

« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2017, 05:03:30 am »
Thanks for the opportunity! It would never get the chance to cool down!
Chase

I should probably mention i didnt buy the nice fluke meter. It was actually given to me.

https://youtu.be/sHlqFnbKrVg
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 12:38:49 pm by CaptainJinx »

Offline archer74

« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2017, 06:18:12 am »
Hello David and Dave,

Hope you appreciate the ORAL B take on this entry!

I am a physicist by education and electronic design engineer by professional trade that works independently developing laser control orientated hardware. In times where people like me struggle to find any consistent work in the science technology field where the market is now dominated by Oil and Gas (certainly here in Australia), independent inventive development and/or repair work is the only option presently available. The potential to acquire this Rohde & Schwarz RTB2004 oscillscope would mean a dramatic improvement in embedded prototype design (e.g. Mem, CPLDs & FPGAs) and testing compared to the limited resources that I have available. Most of all it would be something NEW that would further inspire both curiosity and inventiveness!

In ending I find your blogs very useful and interesting! I really envy the variety of test equipment that you have reviewed in the test measurement setup and needless to say other useless tips!

https://youtu.be/uKegqvtU7Oc
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 06:41:35 am by archer74 »

Offline sycho123321

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2017, 07:26:43 am »
Entry from a youngster here! I'm 15 and have been watching your videos for years, and been active on the forums for a couple of years. I also really enjoy the  discussions you and Chris have on the amphour. I'm a Ham licensed as an extra (Highest class in the U.S). I show a couple of my projects and radios I've built in the video, and my current (15mhz) oscilloscope whose capabilities I have saturated with my RF projects. Also having a logic analyzer would be very useful.

I enjoy building minimalist qrp (Low power) radios, building weird and wonderful antennas, and playing with digital logic circuits. Currently I'm not even able to view my hf rig's IF signal as my scope is too low bandwidth. Right now I am reading through the Art of Electronics, and Learning the art of electronics. Currently, all my homemade transceivers work in the HF spectrum, but I am in the design stages of building a homemade 6m ssb rig, as I have no low vhf capabilities right now.
My HF radio is quite old (Works great though!), but thankfully the designers left a acc port that allows you to control the vfo, transmit/receive, and a few other things, via a parrallel interface. Most modern radios allow a computer to control them over the 'cat' interface. In order to ease the use of digital modes, I'm am planning a 'cat'  to my radio's parallel interface adapter.

Thanks for running this, Dave!

edit: forgot to link in my website: lukascrockett.com  :D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 09:04:04 pm by sycho123321 »
-KD9A

The following users thanked this post: NivagSwerdna, Kieranod

Offline mateusps

« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2017, 07:53:49 am »
Hi Dave, I built a little project for the giveway, hope you like it! :D

The oscilloscope will be used to improve the super-secret project even more! hahaha

Offline sarel.wagner

• Regular Contributor
  • Cooking up an Electronix Storm
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2017, 11:05:19 am »
Hi amagents, This is my shot at fame :D

Regards

Offline edgaras006

• Contributor
« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2017, 12:47:48 pm »
Hello Dave,

I would love to get that gorgeous scope. I have HMO1002, but 50MHz is already too slow for me. That scope is just one year old. Anyway I am moving to high frequency, high voltage and sometimes high power projects, so I need faster one. And I was looking right at the one you shown, just price is stopping me how. Renting is cheaper. On the other hand I am freelancer living from electronics, so I might be forced to buy it after all.

Small off topic I started my YouTube channel where I will be explaining interesting and/or hard to find thinks. Also some review are coming (just because even BK precision does not tell much about that product on their web site). My channel is called ESD Blog (no I haven't copied, initial idea was ESD (embedded system design)).

https://youtu.be/er8G9cJ7rLQ
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 12:49:41 pm by edgaras006 »

Offline RobertGogol

• Supporter
    • my adventure with Electronics and Music
« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2017, 01:34:03 pm »
Hello :)
Here is Robert from Poznan in Poland - I hope to use this fantastic equipment in my next electronic workshop!!

more about me: http://www.robertgogol.pl

https://youtu.be/WO2Jpsstzl0

take care and thank you!
Robert

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 10:13:03 am by RobertGogol »

Offline fabiocosta

« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2017, 03:38:04 pm »
Hi Master Dave! Here my Video from Brazil.

Down in South America, this Oscilloscope cost a price of a car. I´ve created a new company, me and a Friend, and this would come in the right moment.
Please see my small video showing my Lab.

I aman old fan, sterted at theEEVBLOG #126 video.

Thanks for your nice Work and also for this amazing Oportunity.

Long Life and Prosperity for You!!

https://youtu.be/klGIAJpEw28

Offline FoxlabMakerspace

« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2017, 05:31:35 pm »
Hi  :) here is my submission, I am Suhail a Maker from Foxlab Makerspace.  Fox Lab Makerspace is a non-profit, shared community workshop and lab. We are an organized group of local engineers and makers. We are still in search of equipment and tools that our members can use to build the next big thing.

We don't have a CRO yet in our makerspace. Still weare searching for a sponsor. As a makerspace, its an inevitable equipment for our makers for doing their projects. We belive this context will fill the big gap on our makerspace!

https://youtu.be/hqLsgjtAbSI

Offline kd_1zac

« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2017, 06:36:27 pm »
Hey Dave and David, here is my entry for the DSO. We are making a Self Driving Tractor. Hope you find the video interesting. Well I am tired of using the puny PC DSO and need something bigger to measure the Sine waves on our induction motor for our EV!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/IAzPOfnDvcw
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 06:39:07 pm by kd_1zac »

Offline daniilaursulesei

« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2017, 07:17:56 pm »

Offline lorenzo17

« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2017, 07:50:42 pm »
Hello Dave,

greetings from Italy, this is my entry, good luck to all ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf