Poll

Should the EEVblog giveaway be limited to only those countries NOT covered by the Scope Month promo?

Yes
140 (41.8%)
No
137 (40.9%)
Don't Care
58 (17.3%)

Total Members Voted: 318

Author Topic: POLL & Discussion: Keysight 1000X Giveaway  (Read 38986 times)

Offline TheAmmoniacal

• Supporter
Re: POLL & Discussion: Keysight 1000X Giveaway
« Reply #125 on: March 02, 2017, 02:18:51 pm »
So I have a couple to giveaway, and the usual argument has come up again. Should I just limit the forum giveaway to countries not covered the Keysight Scopemonth promo, or to everyone?
Remember that Keysight are giving away 5 scopes per day for a month.
Argue away...

When you are to announce the winners in a live stream, could you please schedule it? On YouTube?

Offline Blue

• Regular Contributor
  • Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity
« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2017, 10:39:24 pm »
Yeah,

I would love to win one Dave!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Offline Sredni

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2017, 11:32:28 pm »
I am not entering the contest because if I won, the scope would be stolen along the way. And if it did not get stolen, I would have to pay in taxes more than I would be willing to pay for a new scope.
Also, I would not want to disclose my country - that 'privacy' alone is worth more than a brand new scope.

But, I believe Dave should exclude the countries already included in Keysight's giveaway. They already have their chance to win one through that channel.
I would also push it even further and limit the countries to those where buying such an oscilloscope would be almost impossible for a young student or freshly graduated engineer. In that way, instead of adding one more scope - or a slightly better scope than was going to be bought anyway - the giveaway can really make a difference.

Perhaps using income per capita as an indicator could help. Like, make eligible only those countries where the scope would cost more than X months of average salary.

By the way, average income in Antarctica is four penguin eggs.

(No, my country would be excluded, too).

Now the whole western world hates me.  :)
All instruments lie. Usually on the bench.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf