Author Topic: Keysight live from the lab  (Read 22045 times)

Online AnthocyaninaTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • The Sara
Keysight live from the lab
« on: April 10, 2022, 05:46:04 pm »
So keysight moved their event to may this year and changed its name again! https://live.keysight.com/s/live-from-the-lab/home I came across it in a great scott video

The following users thanked this post: ve7xen, thm_w, edavid

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
Re: Keysight live from the lab
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 09:13:08 pm »
Each day we’ll explore hands-on engineering tips and tricks and host a live Q&A with industry experts. Here’s a sneak peek at the topics we’ll cover:
•   IoT Bench Testing with Oscilloscopes and Power Analyzers
•   Component Testing with SMUs and VNAs
•   Digital Design and Simulation
•   5G and O-RAN
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

The following users thanked this post: Anthocyanina

Offline Trader

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 01:00:43 am »
Any updates about the keysight awards from last year's lab?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 01:39:14 am by Trader »

Online jpanhalt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 09:46:30 am »
Why would anyone who is not authorized to buy Keysight want to watch?  Those events are marketing and little else.

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2022, 12:03:02 am »
Why would anyone who is not authorized to buy Keysight want to watch?  Those events are marketing and little else.

uh, few reasons here..

We’re giving away more than $100,000 of pro-grade test gear. We’ll also feature your favorite engineering creators like ElectroBOOM, GreatScott!, CuriousMarc, and The Signal Path.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Online AnthocyaninaTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • The Sara
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2022, 05:58:13 am »

I got my function generator last week!

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2022, 06:29:30 am »

uh, few reasons here..

We’re giving away more than $100,000 of pro-grade test gear. We’ll also feature your favorite engineering creators like ElectroBOOM, GreatScott!, CuriousMarc, and The Signal Path.

But don't forget to check the terms of the promotion. Not a lot of countries are contemplated. Australia and New Zealand is 2 of the ones out, plus most of Europe and Asia.

This promotion is limited to entrants who are legal residents of, and physically located within, Austria, Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec), Chile, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Puerto Rico, South Africa, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States (excluding Florida, New York, and Rhode Island).

I would love to try my luck but my home country plus the one I'm living now is not on the list.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2022, 07:38:31 am »

I've been updating this on Twitter and somewhere on this forum. Two winners from my draw last year just got their scope and function gen a week ago.
Massive component delays, mainly FPGA's and PSU parts. Giveaway scopes would have been lowest shipping priority. But yeah, 12 months delivery  :-[
https://twitter.com/Anthocyanina/status/1519364899381592065
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 07:40:36 am by EEVblog »

The following users thanked this post: Trader

Offline petemate

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2022, 10:08:27 pm »
Read the terms and conditions before applying.. They restricted the locations that can enter quite a bit: https://connectlp.keysight.com/LP=34204

Austria, Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec), Chile, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Korea Republic of, Netherlands, Puerto Rico, South Africa, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States (excluding Florida, New York, and Rhode Island), and Venezuela.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2022, 12:38:19 am »
May 17 session, topic: IoT Bench Testing. Special guest: ElectroBoom.... What could possibly go wrong?  :box:
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2022, 01:49:49 am »
Electroboom? what, that guy is still alive?  https://live.keysight.com/s/live-from-the-lab/home

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2022, 02:08:57 am »

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2022, 02:42:47 pm »
Ho hum.  Even if I entered and won some test gear, how could I get it calibrated, or have access to spare parts?  I'm not a company, so they'd simply refuse to deal with me, and the Finnish system means it is not feasible for me to set up a company either.  Bah, keep your private parts for yourself.

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2022, 05:55:25 pm »
I welcome any test equipment- old, new, refurbed. Trying to cut down on dumpster diving. I giveaway the least used/older gear to the noobs and they're happy as well.
New Keysight scope? I totally missed that new gear is being released. The front panel has some interesting additions...

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2022, 08:23:47 pm »
For 10K you are not getting a high-end Keysight scope.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2022, 11:31:42 pm »
Ho hum.  Even if I entered and won some test gear, how could I get it calibrated, or have access to spare parts?  I'm not a company, so they'd simply refuse to deal with me

Any cal company will calibrate your gear, it doesn't have to be the manufacturer.
Do other scope companies sell spare parts?

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2022, 07:00:14 am »
Electroboom? what, that guy is still alive?  https://live.keysight.com/s/live-from-the-lab/home

New scope  :-DMM

It is funny how they do this charade, when 3000G info is fully published on their web site... And there is no mention of 3000T anymore.. It seems to be in place replacement...

New Keysight scope? I totally missed that new gear is being released. The front panel has some interesting additions...

If you are talking about 3000G it has identical front panel like 3000T. Except black front panel, and color scheme on screen, some type of hystogram, some built in free decodes, and full support for USB2 decoding there are no differences whatsoever compared to 3000T...
It is obviously a hardware revision, but to a user, pretty much same as 3000T. With all the good and bad that brings..

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2022, 07:08:08 am »

New scope  :-DMM

It is funny how they do this charade, when 3000G info is fully published on their web site...

LOL yep.
https://www.keysight.com/us/en/assets/3122-1256/product-fact-sheets/InfiniiVision-3000G-X-Series-Oscilloscopes.pdf
and dealers:
https://docs.rs-online.com/1e26/A700000008467596.pdf
https://au.sports.yahoo.com/keysight-infiniivision-3000g-oscilloscope-now-130000442.html

If you are talking about 3000G it has identical front panel like 3000T. Except black front panel, and color scheme on screen, some type of hystogram, some built in free decodes, and full support for USB2 decoding there are no differences whatsoever compared to 3000T...
It is obviously a hardware revision, but to a user, pretty much same as 3000T. With all the good and bad that brings..

It's not the long awaited Megazoom V  :(
They asked me if I wanted one to review, and I didn't see the point.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 07:11:31 am by EEVblog »

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2022, 10:00:31 am »
Ho hum.  Even if I entered and won some test gear, how could I get it calibrated, or have access to spare parts?  I'm not a company, so they'd simply refuse to deal with me

Any cal company will calibrate your gear, it doesn't have to be the manufacturer.
Okay, even warranty services then.  Or do they make an exception to their policies for those who win these contests?  :horse:

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2022, 10:11:15 am »

Okay, even warranty services then.  Or do they make an exception to their policies for those who win these contests?  :horse:

I'm pretty sure every company has a statuory requirement to repair or replace under warranty. In countries like Australia there are very strict consumer protection laws on this.

Offline Trader

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2022, 01:11:04 am »
Thank you so much KEYSIGHT for this awesome prize!!!  All my gratitude to Daniel (Keysight DanielBogdanoff) and all the Keysight University Live Team.

Because the Chipageddon the giveaway prizes were delayed 1-year, but maybe few people know that Daniel was always writing to winners and sending some cute souvenirs  :-+

I understand how stressful is to organize all that excellent video lectures, interviews, etc and after that, handle this crazy problem.  Again, all my thanks to all of you!!!

This scope will help me a loooot in my current e future projects, many thanks!!!  ;D

The following users thanked this post: EEVblog

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2022, 02:11:08 am »
Thank you so much KEYSIGHT for this awesome prize!!!  All my gratitude to Daniel (Keysight DanielBogdanoff) and all the Keysight University Live Team.

Because the Chipageddon the giveaway prizes were delayed 1-year, but maybe few people know that Daniel was always writing to winners and sending some cute souvenirs  :-+

The Chipageddon is now the Chipadribble

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2022, 09:09:13 am »
Today I see the brand new advertisement for the Keysight FieldFox on eevblog for the first time.
"Low price and in stock"

Clicking on it tells me "sorry out of stock"
Hmm also effected by Chipageddon ?
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2022, 09:19:51 am »
Today I see the brand new advertisement for the Keysight FieldFox on eevblog for the first time.
"Low price and in stock"

Clicking on it tells me "sorry out of stock"
Hmm also effected by Chipageddon ?

I just updated the link an hour ago.
The ad is for the used store.

Online skander36

• Frequent Contributor

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, edavid

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf