Poll

Is your country eligible?

Yes
271 (65.1%)
No
145 (34.9%)

Total Members Voted: 406

Voting closed: March 29, 2016, 12:24:45 am

Author Topic: Keysight Scope Giveaway  (Read 180097 times)

Offline feedback.loop

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Keysight Scope Giveaway
« Reply #125 on: March 02, 2016, 05:53:01 am »
I was under the impression that they were only accepting entries until Midnight (EST) last night, but when I go to the entry page, I'm still able to enter....hmmmm? :-//

Enter early and often!  We'll accept entries up until the last drawing, and you can enter ONCE PER DAY WITH THE SAME E-MAIL.

Are you saying that one registration is good only for one day, and to participate in the next drawing one must register again?

Offline that_guy

• Contributor
« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2016, 06:54:13 am »
Good morning Keysight and welcome to the Internet. You must be new here.

I predict that every single one of the random chance giveaways will go to the botnet owners, the multiple email and IP address owners. Those who will just turn it around for 100% profit on eBay within hours. The truly deserving engineers will fall below the noise floor.

If you really believe this won't happen then you must have been asleep for the past 20 years. The internet pond life would turn out in their thousands for a hundred dollars of profit. Dangle the chance of thousands of dollars in front of them and you will be overwhelmed.

You should have gone straight to the YouTube community vote idea with descending prizes to the top 30+. A chance to empower a young generation of engineers is about to be lost because of lack of marketing foresight.

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2016, 07:02:09 am »
And there is not even a captcha there. That thing is so easy to automate, it is not even funny.

BTW, do we know how many entries were there on the first day? The 1 FPS video is too painful to watch.
Alex

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #128 on: March 02, 2016, 07:06:12 am »

I predict that every single one of the random chance giveaways will go to the botnet owners, the multiple email and IP address owners. Those who will just turn it around for 100% profit on eBay within hours. The truly deserving engineers will fall below the noise floor.

If you really believe this won't happen then you must have been asleep for the past 20 years. The internet pond life would turn out in their thousands for a hundred dollars of profit. Dangle the chance of thousands of dollars in front of them and you will be overwhelmed.

You should have gone straight to the YouTube community vote idea with descending prizes to the top 30+. A chance to empower a young generation of engineers is about to be lost because of lack of marketing foresight.

The unfortunate fact is that this will not likely be an issue for Keysight.

Giveaways like this are a marketing exercise - meant to raise the awareness of a new product, especially for people who would be inclined to buy one.  It has a secondary component too - letting those people imagine actually having one on their bench as a realistic possibility (the odds aren't particularly relevant to this 'feeling').  This moves people towards a 'desire' for the new item - which is one step further toward a purchase.

The bottom line is that there will be only a certain number of winners - and many thousands of non-winners.  This will be the case no matter who get the scopes.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 07:07:56 am by Brumby »

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoffTopic starter

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2016, 07:31:11 am »

We actually screen all the entries, so we'll catch the bots (at least the lazy ones).
We are going to the community for the 6000 X-Series "Test to Impress Giveaway'

The 1 FPS video is too painful to watch.
Sorry :(  We'll make sure it's better for the next one on Friday.  Dry runs all went well (best laid plans...)

Are you saying that one registration is good only for one day, and to participate in the next drawing one must register again?

No, each entry is good all month.  You can get an extra entry each day.

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2016, 11:15:22 am »
Seriously good promotion, Thanks. :-+
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

Offline eliocor

• Supporter
    • rhodiatoce
« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2016, 04:49:38 pm »
Unluckily Italy is not in the country list: I know it is considered third world, but...

Offline cidcorp

• Supporter
« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2016, 09:17:49 pm »
Hey Daniel,

I noticed the Live webcast of the draw was only for the first daily, then first weekly winner.  Is there a place to see the lucky people who win daily/weekly, so I congratulate them
while I curse them under my breath  >:D

I swear I saw a link somewhere that said see winners (or equiv.) but can't remember where.

Thanks

Chris

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoffTopic starter

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2016, 09:23:02 pm »
Hey Daniel,

I noticed the Live webcast of the draw was only for the first daily, then first weekly winner.  Is there a place to see the lucky people who win daily/weekly, so I congratulate them

I swear I saw a link somewhere that said see winners (or equiv.) but can't remember where.

Hi Chris, good question.  We're working on getting a webpage up with a full list, but are planning on doing a video announcement daily:

http://bit.ly/Scope_winners

Good luck!

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2016, 09:57:19 pm »
How long will it be before someone on this forum wins one?

Offline RobertoLG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2016, 10:42:31 pm »
I was just wondering, how many of the I'm in folks will just wanish after the draw, I mean here in the forum

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2016, 11:45:50 pm »
It's bound to happen, but I wouldn't dwell on it.  However, the giveaway has not only raised the level of awareness of Keysight's new offerings, but has raised the profile of the EEVBlog.

There will likely be a few more active members and undoubtedly more visitors, but whatever the numbers, it can only be good for Dave.

Offline RobertoLG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2016, 12:12:22 am »
ya, I'm sure it's beneficial for both, I was just thinking about it, nothing more

Offline sangvikh

• Contributor
  • Join the resistance!
« Reply #138 on: March 03, 2016, 12:56:57 am »
At first my country was "not yet available" but i could enter when i checked again now.
When i read the rules though, Norway was not listed. So i don't know

Offline fanOfeeDIY

• Supporter
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #139 on: March 03, 2016, 01:20:49 am »
Even though I'm still getting 2 spams a week from the pre-contest signup, I didn't get the actual contest email  :-//
I just signed up for both things and I have not gotten a single email from them.

You'll likely get an e-mail in the next 24 hours.  We didn't send out automated e-mails to registrants.

I received the email in Japanese! yesterday.
I am impressed.

Thank you for entire effort on this event.

I hope the top managers will understand the value of your effort on this forum to reach out to the community.
Based on my experience, not so many managers understand the value of increasing the company's image in the geekish community by participating in the community.

I hope you could be in this forum for ever. :)

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.
« Reply #140 on: March 03, 2016, 01:32:04 am »
I just produced a video submission for the 6000 X-Series scope. Winning that contest would be a life changing opportunity for me by allowing me access to bigger fish. High-speed FPGA based signal processing with up to 3gbps serial outputs.

A box like this one would be amazing. Fingers crossed.
Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. https://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.
« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2016, 01:52:42 am »

Vote for me! A 6000 X-Series would be a tremendous leap for a small business like mine! It would never see eBay since I actually need it.
My submission is in......should I post it here for fun or keep it secret?
Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. https://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

Offline cidcorp

• Supporter
« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2016, 07:18:27 am »
Hey Daniel,

Hi Chris, good question.  We're working on getting a webpage up with a full list, but are planning on doing a video announcement daily:

http://bit.ly/Scope_winners

Good luck!

Perfect, I'll keep an eye out for the daily videos, but I realized where I saw the link, immediately *after* entering the contest there is a link to see the
winners.  The list has huge line spacing between the winners so I didn't even realize there were 2 in the list - day 2 was a K Lee (i think if I remember correctly).

I've got every finger and toe crossed for this and the eevblog dumpster ;D scopes , never know when it's your lucky day.

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2016, 09:55:34 am »

Vote for me! A 6000 X-Series would be a tremendous leap for a small business like mine! It would never see eBay since I actually need it.
My submission is in......should I post it here for fun or keep it secret?

Sorry I need it more. :-)   
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

Offline ericloewe

• Supporter
« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2016, 10:15:27 am »
At first my country was "not yet available" but i could enter when i checked again now.
I do wonder what this means. Does the site not validate the form's country field? Are the rules incomplete/inaccurate?

Offline MCRodrigues

• Contributor
    • Miguel Rodrigues
« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2016, 11:29:54 am »
It seems that Portugal is not included…  :'(

Unfortunatly that's a sad true  :'(

Oh man, tough luck... :-\

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2016, 11:42:57 am »
I do wonder what this means. Does the site not validate the form's country field? Are the rules incomplete/inaccurate?

My guess is that the written Ts & Cs and the website validation code haven't been particularly well coordinated.

If you were to successfully register using a contry not included, I'd guarantee you would be disqualified at the draw.

Offline sangvikh

• Contributor
  • Join the resistance!
« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2016, 01:03:13 pm »

The site asks you to comfirm your country the first time you enter, so I confirmed that i live in Norway.
The first time i tried entering, I got a message saying "your country is not yet eligible", I tried again yesterday, and I was allowed to enter.

Well, can't hurt to try entering anyway!

Offline technix

• Super Contributor
  • From Shanghai With Love
    • My Untitled Blog
« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2016, 02:36:12 pm »
Man I wish I can get a good scope to replace my current 20MHz CRT job. That thing works but only when de

Offline justinDavidow

« Reply #149 on: March 03, 2016, 11:44:50 pm »
Yeah;  I'm not holding my breath to win anything.  I have to admit;  it's a neat marketing gesture!

I'm an it systems admin professionally;   but I do hobby electronics with a local team.  Too bad they're not giving away spectrum/network analyzers;  most of the hobby projects I'm working on these days are all 3-6GHz RF,  so I'm only testing designs when one of the other folks involved happens to be onsite with equipment.

Well,  still crossing fingers for one of the 3000 series; that'd be a great upgrade over the rigol I'm using now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf