Author Topic: Keysight University Live  (Read 13997 times)

Offline Fred27Topic starter

• Supporter
    • Fred's blog
Keysight University Live
« on: February 16, 2021, 08:43:25 pm »
Keysight University Live starts 15th March 2021. I've not heard this mentioned before. Is it a rebranding of Scopemonth / Wave or is it something slightly different? It looks good anyway. Everyone loves the chance of free test gear.

http://bit.ly/EEVForum_KU
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 08:46:52 am by Fred27 »

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, edavid, eevbstedt, Kibabalu, mawyatt

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
Re: Keysight University Live
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 10:12:23 pm »
Looks like great scott is hosting  :D:

March 15: Essential tools every electronics lab needs
March 16: Measured: Wireless Car Key Showdown
March 17: How to use an Oscilloscope (in-depth tutorial)
March 18: 5 Reasons 5G is the Future
March 19: Function Generator - DIY or Buy?
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 11:36:54 pm »
Second prize winners will receive their choice of a DSOX1204G InfiniiVision oscilloscope or one of the yet-to-be-announced NEW Keysight benchtop products that will be released on March 15.

Hmmmm.... :popcorn:
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 12:31:49 am »
Keysight University Live starts 15th March 2021. I've not heard this mentioned before. Is it a rebranding of Scopemonth / Wave or is it something slightly different?

Interesting. I guess since Scopemonth/Wave started including video tutorials, which became Keysight University, now they're going all out with the University theme.

Everyone loves the chance of free test gear.

Indeed!
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

The following users thanked this post: Harshadb13

Offline Deridex

• Regular Contributor
  • IMHO
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 05:39:10 pm »
Thanks to Keysight for making such events happen!

Good luck to everyone

Online Kibabalu

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 06:27:19 pm »
Checked in!  :-+

Offline brainwash

• Frequent Contributor
    • Hack Correlation
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 12:28:04 am »
Keysight University Live starts 15th March 2021. I've not heard this mentioned before. Is it a rebranding of Scopemonth / Wave or is it something slightly different? It looks good anyway. Everyone loves the chance of free test gear.

Thank you for letting us now. However, please add a disclaimer that this is a ref-link or remove the referral part.

Official link:
https://kulive.keysight.com/
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 04:35:14 am by brainwash »

The following users thanked this post: Yansi

Online mawyatt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 01:24:49 am »
They are also offering "scholarships"  :)

Best,
Curiosity killed the cat, also depleted my wallet!
~Wyatt Labs by Mike~

Offline Fred27Topic starter

• Supporter
    • Fred's blog
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2021, 09:13:18 am »
Thank you for letting us now. However, please add a disclaimer that this is a ref-link or remove the referral part.
No problem. Referral removed.

Online RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2021, 09:35:33 am »
This promotion is limited to specific countries and is only open to entrants aged 18 years or older (if in the United States:  19 years for Alabama and 21 years for Mississippi) at the time of submission who are legal residents of, and physically located within, Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec), USA (excluding New York, Florida, and Rhode Island), Puerto Rico, Japan, South Korea; Taiwan, China; Chile, Austria, Finland, India, France, Germany, Ireland, Switzerland, UK, South Africa

I wish Keysight promotions will be available in more countries, mine never was and still isn't.   :-\

The following users thanked this post: brainwash, jtu, TheDane

Offline TheDane

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2021, 05:45:55 pm »
I wish Keysight promotions will be available in more countries, mine never was and still isn't.   :-\

Looking at it from a positive point, there's no need to spend/waste a lot of time and effort on the event. Getting ones hope up and realizing chances to win are nearly null after doing 'math/technical assignments', watching event/video stuff, entering daileys, etc.

- time and effort better spent on other stuff imho.
2'nd hand gear is usually for sale at a reasonable price, and you get exactly what you need - instead of ?? being taxed/VAT'ed as an added 'bonus'
Sad, but better to realize the truth than ...

The following users thanked this post: jtu

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoff

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2021, 11:30:10 pm »
@Fred27 beat me to the punch!

A couple things:

1- I know the country thing is always a topic. I work really hard to get as many folks included as I can, but local laws can be very restrictive. I also think this will be worth attending without the sweepstakes.

2- I've also asked @Fred27 to use this URL so that I can see where folk are coming from:
http://bit.ly/EEVForum_KU
Seeing sign-ups from forums like this really helps me justify my time spent on the site and doing stuff with Dave et al. It's not an evil tracking scheme. I promise!

3- yes, another new name. Not my call :).

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, bitseeker, jtu

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 01:07:11 am »
1- I know the country thing is always a topic. I work really hard to get as many folks included as I can, but local laws can be very restrictive.

This is the most common complaint - and it comes up every time.  It has very little to do with Keysight and a WHOLE LOT to do with the laws in the local jurisdictions of those people who want to participate.  Even those in the USA are affected by this as the T&C's state: "(excluding New York, Florida, and Rhode Island)".

The range of restrictions can vary from a simple "No - you can't do this" to really burdensome ones like one I remember from previous contests.  That one required a cash deposit equivalent to the the total prize value of the whole promotion lodged with the regulatory body for that particular country.  Imagine how expensive things could become with a few of these thrown into the mix.

Bottom line: whinge at your regulators - not Keysight.

The following users thanked this post: fozzyvis, thm_w, Keysight DanielBogdanoff

Offline fozzyvis

• Regular Contributor
    • Project site
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2021, 12:05:14 pm »
Bummer indeed for the excluded countries (including Belgium). Did not know the reason behind this.

If management decides that another new name seems like a brilliant idea then... Well... Nothing to be done about it I guess :).
I had been searching for "Keysight Wave 2021" a couple of times now, and "Keysight University Live" never came up in the search results for me. Maybe improve some SEO?

It was only by accident that I now searched the EEVblog forums ("it can't be that no one is looking for this, right") and this thread came up... I had expected to get some email about the event since I've attended some of last years days, but no email?

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2021, 07:13:22 am »
@fozzyvis that's a good idea. Maybe if I put in this thread again

WAVE 2021 is actually called KEYSIGHT UNIVERSITY LIVE then the search juices will flow  :-DD

There will also be emails going out to participants and some other promo stuff, we're sending them a little closer to 15-Mar so that people are less likely to forget.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2021, 07:16:25 pm »
I had been searching for "Keysight Wave 2021" a couple of times now, and "Keysight University Live" never came up in the search results for me. Maybe improve some SEO?

This is a good example of the value of a brand, even if it's the name of a recurring marketing/educational event. Changing the name devalues the earlier investments into awareness and share of mind.

On the flip side, if people can't find it, the odds of winning are better! ;D
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline ProBang2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2021, 02:56:47 am »
Sorry to disturb, but I have a question:

Is it just plain normal this year (other as in the years before) that there is nor comfirmation message on the screen after filling the form for the draw, neither there is no confirmation mail received? Nothing???

Offline eevbstedt

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2021, 03:48:45 am »
I think the traffic might have hit them a little too hard today.  I was getting some serious lag this morning and repeated 503 errors.

Offline ClairePaterson

• !
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2021, 02:16:01 pm »
That is nine one! Thx.

Offline subliti

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2021, 08:45:07 pm »
So how does this work, do i have to sign up every day ? Does the chance increase with every sign up ?
There is no description, but maybe i missed it.

Offline ProBang2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2021, 09:09:43 pm »
I think the traffic might have hit them a little too hard today.  I was getting some serious lag this morning and repeated 503 errors.

My question is not related with the heavy server traffic yesterday. I made a first try to participate pretty much one month ago.
No confirmation message on screen, no confirmation mail...
But it seemed possible for me that there would be such a mail immediate befor the event. But nope...
The second try (on the day of the first event) had the same result.

I use Win10 and Firefox, both completly updated. I´m the only one with this problem? 

Offline unknown_h

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2021, 12:16:36 am »
Whats the deal with watching if where not doing it live? They emailed out a link for day 1 one but how do I find day 2? So far I've looked at the youtube channel and everywhere on the keysight site I can think of

Offline GodIsRealUnless DefinedInt

• Contributor
  • The Implicit None
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2021, 01:01:29 am »
Whats the deal with watching if where not doing it live? They emailed out a link for day 1 one but how do I find day 2? So far I've looked at the youtube channel and everywhere on the keysight site I can think of

Not sure if you are regionally redirected but over here you go to their website and it's obvious (attached) It's not top and first on a commercial oriented website but they make it a big graphic with button that takes you right to the live event for the day.

Offline unknown_h

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2021, 01:33:40 am »
So it seems you need to sign up each day...  |O

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2021, 06:01:33 am »
Their Web site is all over the place, i was not able to figure out. Daniel said in the kick off video you do NOT have to register for each day. OK, what is the deal then with the "Click for your daily entry" button? And what the hell is "Exclusive access" ?  :-// :--
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2021, 06:27:34 am »
Yes it is extra confusing. Every year seems like a disjointed venture.
I received one email Monday saying "thank you for registering". Tuesday I watched the video and entered everything and no email received. The live videos are at 10AM MDT and the winners names are read off at the end. So when was the draw for that day? Was I entered for the day? UGH  |O

I tried to go to the website at say 2AM to register early for that day but it does not have the next day's entry up, it's stuck at the previous day.

So I have no idea, for the third year now, I recall this stuff going on and very frustrating and hard to stay excited about the new equipment and offerings.

Offline subliti

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2021, 10:06:41 am »
So how does this work, do i have to sign up every day ? Does the chance increase with every sign up ?
There is no description, but maybe i missed it.

To answer my own question..below the page at the very bottom is the FAQ link. This should have been at the top tbh.

https://connectlp.keysight.com/KULive-FAQ

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt, Bud

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2021, 05:10:26 pm »
My confusion is the difference between registering and entering. I think I'm just to dumb to figure out the contest. It reminds me of McDonald's Monopoly game lol
I tried today and registered again, no idea if it's "valid" or duplicate or what "entry validation email" is, I did get a "Thank you for registering" email on Monday.
Clicked on "Click for your daily entry" and got the lucky checkmark. Who knows if any of this works.

People can multiply their # of entries a few different ways but it's not clear.
FAQ: "... Submit answers to the questions on the page following the initial registration page for 10 additional entries."
Never seen the question page this year.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 05:13:22 pm by floobydust »

Offline jtu

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2021, 05:23:59 pm »
1- I know the country thing is always a topic. I work really hard to get as many folks included as I can, but local laws can be very restrictive. I also think this will be worth attending without the sweepstakes.

For European Union it should become more and more easy as we are working on a single market idea. Tbh, I was surprised EU single market regulation does not cover draws like you are doing on KULive already. I hope your legal knows the concept of EU single market and have really investigated it 😉

Thanks for the event anyway!

Greetings from Latvia, EU,
Jānis
Veiksmi,
Jānis

Offline eevbstedt

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2021, 07:15:45 pm »
I was a little relieved that today they finally addressed the red buttons and the entry system during the live stream.  I was opening the livestream in a separate window (just YouTube) and you don't get any red buttons there to [Click for your daily entry] and [Click for exclusive access].

Today, Day 3, they finally clarified how they work but it's a bit late isn't it?  I'm sure I skimmed over some details in the process but I felt quite frustrated with how the whole kulive thing has been working / conducted. 

Offline Harshadb13

• Contributor
  • A DIY electronics enthusiast
    • My Instructables
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2021, 12:10:05 pm »
Hey all,

I really want to buy a scope. but keysight ones are really really expensive. Can some one guide me to get a scope with good bargain? The MHz in scope is not important for me, I am a mechanical engineering student

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2021, 03:33:32 pm »
I found an old tektronix 2211 on ebay with low use, close to mint condition on ebay a couple of years ago. its still within all the manufacturers specs as far as I can tell. Its a very good beginners scope. It is a good analog scope with some DSO features.

Its literally one of the first DSOs that ever came out but calling it a DSO while technically true would be deceiving.

I also have one of the first digital MSOs in the form of a Bitscope. It has very wide compatibility as far as computing platforms supported as well as logic analyzer / MSO features. If you get one really cheap, that would also be a good choice.

They can run off the USB power on a Raspberry Pi. This would be a good cheap (DSO) scope for a bench if you already have an RPI.
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

The following users thanked this post: Harshadb13

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2021, 05:06:45 am »
Sorry everyone for the confusion and for not being on here to clear things up sooner! Last week was nuts and we made some changes to try to make the experience a little more seamless.

A couple quick answers:

1. The web updates at 8 AM Mountain Time
2. We will typically announce some winners at the end of the daily videos (except when the editor hides that layer on accident  |O ). We will also announce all winners in the livestreams.
3. The "get my daily entry" button is not something you have to press, but it gives you an extra entry. Every entry is included in every drawing (so it's just a bonus, not a mandatory thing)
4. There is a main registration page if you haven't signed in or cleared cookies. If you are cookied you should go right to the latest day's page. We also sent an email with a login-type link for those that lost their cookies and don't want to register again. We're trying to avoid the login + password thing. If you register again because your cookies cleared I won't hold it against you unless people start gaming the system.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, Harshadb13

Offline Harshadb13

• Contributor
    • My Instructables
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2021, 05:22:45 am »
Looks like great scott is hosting  :D:

March 15: Essential tools every electronics lab needs
March 16: Measured: Wireless Car Key Showdown
March 17: How to use an Oscilloscope (in-depth tutorial)
March 18: 5 Reasons 5G is the Future
March 19: Function Generator - DIY or Buy?

:-DD :-DD :-DD Right

Offline Harshadb13

• Contributor
    • My Instructables
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2021, 05:24:44 am »
I found an old tektronix 2211 on ebay with low use, close to mint condition on ebay a couple of years ago. its still within all the manufacturers specs as far as I can tell. Its a very good beginners scope. It is a good analog scope with some DSO features.

Its literally one of the first DSOs that ever came out but calling it a DSO while technically true would be deceiving.

I also have one of the first digital MSOs in the form of a Bitscope. It has very wide compatibility as far as computing platforms supported as well as logic analyzer / MSO features. If you get one really cheap, that would also be a good choice.

They can run off the USB power on a Raspberry Pi. This would be a good cheap (DSO) scope for a bench if you already have an RPI.

Thanks!  I will look into it..

And I don't have RPi

Offline Deridex

• Regular Contributor
  • IMHO
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2021, 04:25:15 pm »
I use the sign in bypass, that Keysight hands out via E-Mail.

Btw: I like it A LOT

The following users thanked this post: Keysight DanielBogdanoff

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf