Author Topic: Keysight Wave 2020 begins...  (Read 7001 times)

Offline bsudbrinkTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Keysight Wave 2020 begins...
« on: January 24, 2020, 04:27:48 pm »
Check your inboxes.

The following users thanked this post: edavid

Offline rea5245

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Keysight Wave 2020 begins...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 04:29:38 pm »
I never win anything.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 06:33:36 pm »
No email, yet. Will keep my eyes peeled. Daniel will probably post something, too.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 11:17:49 pm »
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

The following users thanked this post: TheDane

Offline TheDane

• Regular Contributor
... and ended without a beginning
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 04:40:53 pm »
Promotion Description/Eligibility. No purchase necessary.
This promotion is limited to specific countries or areas and is only open to entrants aged 18 years or older at the time of submission who are legal residents of, and physically located within:
Austria; Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec); Chile; Finland; France; Germany; India; Ireland; Japan; Korea Republic of; Poland; South Africa; Switzerland; Taiwan, China; United Kingdom; United States (excluding Florida, New York, and Rhode Island); and Venezuela.
Government agencies and institutions (including public universities), and their employees, are not eligible to participate or receive prizes, nor are individuals who appear on the U.S. Government Department of Treasury’s Specially Designated Nationals List. Employees of Keysight Technologies, Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, Channel Partners and agents, and immediate family members of each, are not eligible. This promotion is void where prohibited by law.

Denmark?  :o  :palm:

Offline Ranayna

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 12:03:05 pm »
Well, complain to your government:

https://www.promosfera.com/en/contest-denmark.html (might not be accurate, just found it with a short google search)

Under Danish legislation, competition draws fall into the category of “lotteries”, which are prohibited unless they are held for non-profit-making purposes, after obtaining the appropriate licence.

Prize promotions linked to chance are therefore prohibited, even if they do not involve buying, whereas competitions and gifts with purchase are allowed.

Many countries have similar rules, but I am somewhat surprised how short the list of eligible countries has become this year.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 11:36:27 pm »
... but I am somewhat surprised how short the list of eligible countries has become this year.

That was rather noticeable.  I was looking for a mention of Australia - but didn't find anything.  Did I miss it - or is there nothing on offer for down under?

Or does Dave need to check his dumpster.....?

Online Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2020, 05:45:50 am »
It looks like only people working for a company are allowed to participate?  I know I could fill in a fake company name there, but I really hate lying (or fudging info) like that.

Having a good oscilloscope or bench top multimeter would help with quite a few projects, though.  As all my projects are either educational (I participate in some physics experiments) or open source, not paid/commercial stuff, I probably don't fit the demographic Keysight is targeting.

(As if I'd ever win anyway.. hah!)

Offline Ranayna

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2020, 12:16:13 pm »
I have always entered "None" into that company field. And I am sure that Daniel mentioned 2018 or 2019 that private persons can enter. Of course I have not won anything yet, so I cannot actually confirm that ;)

Offline Fred27

• Supporter
    • Fred's blog
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2020, 01:37:55 pm »
I see the complaints about the countries has started already.

Coming soon to a thread near you: "I can't afford the tax on the prize I won, and it's everyone's fault but mine".

The following users thanked this post: FrankE

Offline bsudbrinkTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2020, 04:01:23 pm »
... but I am somewhat surprised how short the list of eligible countries has become this year.

That was rather noticeable.  I was looking for a mention of Australia - but didn't find anything.  Did I miss it - or is there nothing on offer for down under?

Every year, a few show up in the EEVDumpster for distribution to OZ.

Offline station240

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2020, 10:42:23 pm »

During the 2019 contest, someone noticed something strange with two countries in Europe with identical lottery laws.
Of the list of eligible countries, one was on the list, but it's neighbor wasn't.
I didn't make sense, until you looked at market share.
Sure enough, the countries on the list are the ones Keysight have a decent or majority share of the test equipment market.

As for Australia, not many people here buy Keysight stuff, I've never used anything of theirs.
Their token $1000 scope mini Wave didn't exactly excite me, not that I was able to enter on the exact second the quiz appeared.

I wonder which remote part of the world this year's EEVBlog dumpter scope is going to ?
Last year was Sri Lanka, will it be going to Timbuktu (Mali) ?

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2020, 11:17:52 pm »
During the 2019 contest, someone noticed something strange with two countries in Europe with identical lottery laws.
Of the list of eligible countries, one was on the list, but it's neighbor wasn't.
I didn't make sense, until you looked at market share.
Sure enough, the countries on the list are the ones Keysight have a decent or majority share of the test equipment market.

Can't really blame them, this is a marketing expense. The whole purpose is to increase sales over competitors, the questions on the sign up form are a clear indication of this.

Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2020, 11:36:59 pm »
I wonder which remote part of the world this year's EEVBlog dumpter scope is going to ?
Last year was Sri Lanka, will it be going to Timbuktu (Mali) ?
Why not if schoolgirls there design water heaters.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline nowlan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2020, 10:38:46 am »
Hmm, i saw the link while browsing ebay.com.AU
Interesting that Australia is listed on drop down for competition page.?

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2020, 02:28:38 pm »
Interesting that Australia is listed on drop down for competition page.?

Not really.  There are a LOT of countries in that drop down that are ineligible.  It's just a standard list of countries.  It has not been filtered.

Offline extide

• Regular Contributor
    • Rovitracker - Rental management AND Real-Time data!
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2020, 06:02:59 pm »

The following users thanked this post: Keysight DanielBogdanoff

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2020, 09:07:41 am »
Is registration actually working for people?

I entered everything, green checkmarks, hit Submit... "Whoops, looks like something went wrong."
Hitting the browser back button takes me back to a BLANK registration page, kill me now. I tried three times and no success, I have no idea what went wrong. Sigh.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2020, 06:18:31 pm »
It worked OK for me. Make sure that you allow cookies. That's how they know it's you returning and won't ask you to fill in the form again.

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoff

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2020, 11:28:36 pm »
@floobydust feel free to DM me if you're still having trouble and we can try to figure it out.

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2020, 11:46:57 pm »
It worked OK for me. Make sure that you allow cookies. That's how they know it's you returning and won't ask you to fill in the form again.

I had to enable third-party cookies. A couple google/youtube ones appeared and only then could I enter the contest today.
If you get the "Whoops, looks like something went wrong" page (you had 3rd party cookies disabled) and hit the back button twice, the webpage says "your entry has been submitted" which is weird, not the case, no confirmation appeared.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2020, 01:57:48 am »
Glad you got it working.

From what I saw, the cookie that appears after submitting the form is remember_web_unique-value from wavekeysight.com. I use a browser plugin called Cookie AutoDelete, which erases cookies from domains that I don't whitelist when I close the browser tab. I only needed to whitelist wavekeysight.com for it to remember me.

The landing page has a YouTube video embedded in it, hence the youtube.com cookies. Those aren't required for the form to work.

The following users thanked this post: Keysight DanielBogdanoff

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf