Author Topic: Mask Innovation Challenge [US Gov]  (Read 5130 times)

Offline DrGTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • !
- Invest in science - it pays big dividends. -

The following users thanked this post: T3sl4co1l

Offline PartialDischarge

• Super Contributor
Re: Mask Innovation Challenge [US Gov]
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 06:55:35 pm »
Great, money thrown away to keep the charade that masks for viruses do work. Sweeden does not use them as well as TX for more than a month now and nothing happens.
Masks do work at the psychological level for those in fear and with media-induced fear.

The following users thanked this post: FrankE

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 08:46:29 pm »
Great, money thrown away to keep the charade that masks for viruses do work. Sweeden does not use them as well as TX for more than a month now and nothing happens.
Masks do work at the psychological level for those in fear and with media-induced fear.

There are not enough :palm: in the world to respond to you.

https://www.dailymeded.com/list-of-seventy-studies-providing-evidence-for-wearing-masks/
https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/89017

I mean, do your own simple comparison, look at Norway and Finland and compare them to Sweden.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline langwadt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 09:16:09 pm »

There are not enough :palm: in the world to respond to you.

https://www.dailymeded.com/list-of-seventy-studies-providing-evidence-for-wearing-masks/
https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/89017

I mean, do your own simple comparison, look at Norway and Finland and compare them to Sweden.

Sweden did lots of other things differently so claiming that masks is what makes the difference is pushing it

if general use of masks were such a magic bullet against covid it should be easy find data the shows covid numbers
dropping when mask became required

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 09:51:12 pm »
Sweden did lots of other things differently so claiming that masks is what makes the difference is pushing it

if general use of masks were such a magic bullet against covid it should be easy find data the shows covid numbers
dropping when mask became required

I really do not care about the country details or implementation. Nor did I make any claim of it being a magic bullet.
Simple scientific discussion about claiming "masks for viruses don't work".

If a "hand washing mandate" were implemented, you'd find people against that too.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline DrGTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 12:35:41 am »
I just want to remind folks that I made the OP because I think it fits the category and, to some extent, is much more open than the run-of-the-mill grant opportunity (IMO). If you read the topics area and you have some creative ideas that you think should be considered (or you know of some folks who do and can pass it on), then great. I have no affiliation with the challenge.

If you have no interest in it, that's ok also. If you are all upset about it and you are a US taxpayer, by all means, write your congressperson and senators and express your complaints.

I have some strong opinions on the matter and have voiced them before. That is not the intention here and I, for one, do not want to see a fairly straight forward thread degenerate into a forum for anti-maskers, or pro-maskers for that matter.
- Invest in science - it pays big dividends. -

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf