Author Topic: Radu's uRad-monitor in finals for $1M prize. [Ended]  (Read 6887 times)

Offline FortranTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Radu's uRad-monitor in finals for $1M prize. [Ended]
« on: December 12, 2016, 11:40:09 am »
So last week, I got a mail from Radu about him being in the finals of the "Chivas the Venture" competition with a first prize of 1 million dollars.
Since his project got such a huge boost on mailbag #686 (First package @2:18), I figured a post here might hopefully bump him up a bit.
mailbag #686
I for one would love to see him win and see this product taken to a more professional level. He's currently in the lead by just a few votes.

To vote:
Go to http://www.theventurevote.ro/urad-monitor/
Enter day(ZZ) month(LL) year(AAAA) of your birth to indisputably prove that you're over 18 and hit INTRÄ to enter.
Then click on Radu's profile and enter your first name (prenume*), last name (nume*), email and company, and hit send (trimite).
Once completed you will get an email with a confirmation link that you need to open for your vote to count.

Edit: Looked weird. Moved some stuff around.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 06:37:46 pm by Fortran »

Offline radhoo

• Contributor
    • My technology blog
Re: Radu's uRad-monitor in finals for $1M prize.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 10:21:20 pm »
Thanks Fortran! I just revisited the forum after some time and I had a nice surprise seeing your message!

I did a video explaining the project's social impact, and how electronics can help us breath a cleaner air, see it here:

It probably takes only 2 minutes to fill in name and email and then confirm the vote by email. I detailed everything here: http://www.uradmonitor.com/vote-for-uradmonitor-in-chivas-the-venture/

Please help me with a vote, and make this project the winner.

Blog :: My Youtube :: uRADMonitor :: "Build something that matters!"

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 10:34:47 pm »
A million US dollars?  :o
What's the competition like? I see only 4 other projects listed?
Doesn't seem like the voting page is available in English?
Good luck!

Offline radhoo

• Contributor
    • My technology blog
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 09:17:05 pm »
Thanks Dave,

Chivas wants to wash their sins, and they offer a 1mil usd prize for a project with social impact.

I am now competing with the other 4 projects in the national phase. One of us will go to the finals for a chance to win a slice of the big prize. They split it in 5-6 parts, the first winner takes half, next half of remaining and so on.

This voting thing is a second component of the competition, and the prize is 3000EUR, but my feeling is the jury will take it into account when selecting the national winner, as they are looking for projects with social impact.

Nevertheless, it's been strange to see the votes fluctuate, my competitor follows a trend in regards to my votes, always "keeping close", probably waiting to hit the last minute. Deadline is Jan 5. So I did this: http://www.uradmonitor.com/tools/chivasro/ . While I have a graduate curve, he has this big steps, clearly aiming to momentarily increase his position.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 09:36:46 pm »
Nevertheless, it's been strange to see the votes fluctuate, my competitor follows a trend in regards to my votes, always "keeping close", probably waiting to hit the last minute. Deadline is Jan 5. So I did this: http://www.uradmonitor.com/tools/chivasro/ . While I have a graduate curve, he has this big steps, clearly aiming to momentarily increase his position.

Interesting, and that's the problem with online voting as we've experienced many times before.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 09:50:43 pm »
My vote is in. Good luck!

Romanian and Portuguese (my native language) are more similar in writing than I thought... Obviously that speaking and listening is a whole different story.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 11:30:49 pm »

Interesting, and that's the problem with online voting as we've experienced many times before.

Stepwise jumps in votes indicates a major 'push'.  The question that arises is whether that 'push' is from a promotional campaign engaging more voters or from a paid voting service.

Offline radhoo

• Contributor
    • My technology blog
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 02:51:16 pm »
Sad but true!

Stepwise jumps in votes indicates a major 'push'.  The question that arises is whether that 'push' is from a promotional campaign engaging more voters or from a paid voting service.
I agree, but the problem is the timing, precisely correlated. Can be a coincidence, tough, yet I find it unlikely. Too bad I implemented the vote import / charting mechanism only recently.

Thank you all for your help!

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 07:48:38 pm »
I voted! :-+ urad is a very cool project, been on my wishlist for quite some time :)

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 08:49:08 pm »
Getting one is quite easy.  Mine is 12000026.
Still a bit expensive for the "global mass" though.  Hopefully a win will change that.
The model D is quite impressive.  If I upgrade I'll probably pass along my old unit to someone here who can't afford one.

Offline radhoo

• Contributor
    • My technology blog
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 10:16:25 pm »
model D should come out in January. I only need to be able to fix all the issues  |O in software.

Here's an exclusive pic, showing the first batch. I already promised one to Dave, and it was quite some time ago!

• Regular Contributor

Offline radhoo

• Contributor
    • My technology blog
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 06:24:06 pm »
The contest has ended and uRADMonitor is the winner! Thank you all for your support.  :scared:

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza, jancumps, JPortici

Online Brumby

• Supporter
Re: Radu's uRad-monitor in finals for $1M prize. [Ended]
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 12:46:40 pm »
Congratulations!

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2017, 11:06:30 am »
horray :-+ don't forget about your supporters :D

Offline radhoo

• Contributor
    • My technology blog
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2017, 04:09:06 pm »
I'll never forget those that helped me! This network is built to help the people.

Offline eKretz

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2017, 09:33:28 am »
 :clap: congrats! I voted and spread the word after seeing this post! Glad you made it.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2017, 09:41:27 am »
SWEET!  :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf