General > Contests & Events

SCHOOLS MAKERSPACE GIVEAWAY: Rohde & Schwarz NGA142 PSU

<< < (3/3)

megaChungus:
Hello

I'm 14 and my psu is a very crappy china powered supply (i cant set the milliamp range :(   ).

It would be real cool to have such a nice power supply.

Here are some hot pics of my bench to solicit a donation : )

markokikinda:
Hi Dave!

I'm writing on behalf of Pionir free school. We're a free school for kids 13-17 yrs of age, in Kikinda, Serbia. One of the topics we try to cover is electronics and electronic design, and given we are free for students, self-funded and work as a cooperative, it's very hard to get new equipment. Many of the students don't have their own computers, let alone a PSU to work with. Together, we've adapted a 207 year old house into a school building during the pandemic lockdowns and this is the space we use now.

Attached is a photo of a room where we do soldering, component harvesting and upcycling (some components are hard to find here), and a PCB for a 4116/4164 DRAM tester a student of ours designed to repair ZX Spectrums RAM we were donated.

More info on the school https://pionir.org

DooMMasteR:
Hi,

I am Steffen and a member of a German hackerspace in Braunschweig, we would of course love to receive such a nice supply for all the different projects our members are involved with. 
More info on https://stratum0.org 

Greetings and good luck everyone.

bowen-everitt:
Hey Dave!

First of all, love your videos, they are what got me into electronics and I watch on a daily basis.

This is my first post on the forum, there will be many more to come :)

My name is Bowen Everitt, I am a 14 year old student in Los Angeles. In my spare time I have been working on avionics for myself and a small team of excited young engineers.

I also do electronics design and development for my schools robotics team. We recently had major issues with power supply quality and fried an MCU and a motor driver.
Unfortunately our robotics club gets zero funding from the school, so one of our mentors (who volunteers) had to pay out of his own pocket to get us new components.
This is my effort to help out our team and our mentors.

I have also started work on a multi-stack open-source avionics design that will require a much more precise voltage and constant current supply than my current cheap ebay unit.
Some boards that I have designed are linked below.

EEVblog:
Entries now closed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version