General > Contests & Events

SCHOOLS MAKERSPACE GIVEAWAY: Rohde & Schwarz NGA142 PSU

(1/3) > >>

EEVblog:
Win a slightly used Rohde & Schwarz NGA142 100V 2A Power Supply for your school or makerspace.

As per this video:

This is NOT a random draw, do NOT post in this thread unless you are entering. But other users can "Thanks" the post to effectively vote for an entry.
The "Thanks" vote may have some sway in this but this is effectively Dave's Pick. No correspondence will be entered into.

This giveaway is open to individual and groups, simply make your case for why you want one of these bits of kit and what you'd do with it.
It could just be a few paragraphs, photos, video, whatever you think will gets Dave's attention.
Preference is likely to be given to youngsters and/or groups of some kind, but you never know what will take Dave's fancy.
You can suggest what instrument you'd like, but I only have one to giveaway.

Post ONCE and ONCE ONLY in this forum thread to enter.
Seriously, ONCE ONLY, or I'll delete your entry.

Entries close soon-ish.

In theory there shouldn't be any limitation on which country can enter, but I would not rule out issues there.
You may be responsible for import taxes and charges based on you country and any stupid local import laws you might have. If you don't like this remote possibility, don't enter.
The unit will be shipped as *cough* used/faulty *cough* by DHL express courier only. If DHL is a problem then please don't enter.

ketszim:
Hi all,

I am the (electrical) hardware design lead for a (university) student run cubesat team in Vancouver, Canada.

Our team focuses heavily on designing/testing PCBs to run the satellite (On Board Computer, Communication, Electrical Power System, Payload) as well as testing COTS parts such as magnetorquers and various sensors.

A power supply like this would help us to perform testing, specifically for things such as sun sensors that help us determine the position of the satellite as it orbits the Earth. Some of the projects we've worked on include a triple redundant microcontroller system used to counter the issues we see from radiation in space. We even had the opportunity to perform radiation testing of this system at the world's largest cyclotron: TRIUMF.

I've attached a few renders to show the satellite that we're designing and more info can be found at our website: https://www.ubcorbit.com/

ssander:
Hi Eevblog,

Here is the existing power supply that I have. I made this in my 1st year at TAFE in the workshop class. 0 - 20V (ok it only does 1  - 18V), the current is about 1A, I think.  :bullshit: (using the icon because it is analog, not for the actual meaning of the icon)

The case was made by me from sheet metal and a metal bender, spray-painted as well.  8)

To use it, set the voltage without load, apply the load and give the knob a tweak (tongue out) to then set the voltage under load.

I know, it's awesome, what more could anyone want, you ask. But, I think the Rohde & Schwarz PSU would make a suitable replacement.

Enjoy!

SunboX:
Hey Dave,

I'm André from the Makerspace Sternenlabor e. v.

As you can see from the picture, we are very limited in our current electronics workspace. We have only this old school power supply. Better than nothing, but a digital one next to it would be great. And being able to measure uA is even greater (ESP deep sleep aso.).

We are a non-profit organization, so we rely on donating and sponsoring.

Thanks for you great videos, I personally learned a lot out of them already. And thanks for donating to the community!

Greetings from Germany,
André

contact / shipping address (in case of):

Sternenlabor e. V.
Bleichstraße 7
08523 Plauen
Germany

www.sternenlabor.de

mgildir:
Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index