General > Contests & Events

Track down Dave & Win!

<< < (3/3)

baljemmett:

--- Quote from: DrGeoff on September 15, 2011, 11:47:21 am ---The irony is that the inventor of the segway was killed when his runaway segway ran into a river.

--- End quote ---

Not quite -- it was a British chap called Jimi Heselden who bought the company in 2010, not the inventor.  He rode it off a cliff into a river; the coroner's inquest heard that he was riding along a footpath through a park (Segways aren't legal for use on the public highway in the UK) when he encountered a dog-walker coming the other way.  He backed up to let the pedestrian pass and went over the edge...

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: Uncle Vernon on September 15, 2011, 09:25:59 am ---
--- Quote from: EEVblog on September 11, 2011, 09:26:53 pm ---A quick "contest", only for those going to the Electronex show in Sydney this Wednesday.

The first person to track me down at the show and shout out "Great Scott!" wins a free IDEAL True RMS Multimeter (slightly "reviewed").

Dave.

--- End quote ---
All those looking for the convention in Sydney were well and truly fooled. No meter prize for them.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Umm, yeah, that was part of the test!  :-[

Dave.

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: Psi on September 15, 2011, 10:30:47 am ---
--- Quote from: EEVblog on September 12, 2011, 11:20:22 am ---Jeri Ellsworth got thrown out of ESC(?) for wearing roller skates!

Dave.

--- End quote ---

Damn, i wonder if they knew who she was.

--- End quote ---

The ironic things was, she came back this year and gave the Keynote!

Dave.

Joshua:
So did anyone win the meter?

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: Joshua on September 20, 2011, 03:31:28 am ---So did anyone win the meter?

--- End quote ---

Yep, I wasn't even in the door before someone shouted it out!
You'll see the winner in the video.

Dave.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version