Author Topic: Please vote for Richard E in Keysight's scope giveaway video contest.  (Read 4427 times)

Offline LektroiDTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • If it didn't explode, I'm happy.
    • Music here
Greetings folks! I made a video for Keysight's scope giveaway competition. I would really appreciate if my fellow forum members here would be kind enough to vote for me.

It's only a short video due to time restrictions set by Keysight, but my story is much more in-depth, in fact I had a really hard time making this due to having Aspergers Syndrome, which in many ways restricts my ability to express myself completely, but I managed to get it there, and I would really appreciate the support from the fellow forum members here.

Please follow the link below and vote on my video (Richard E). You can vote up to 3 times a day, so please return often to vote for my video... Draw is in two weeks, so hopefully I can stack up enough votes between my fellow electronics aficionados in the following fortnight to win this baby. Make my dream come true!

Voting link here (Richard E)

Many many thanks in advance...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 03:04:28 am by LektroiD »

Online Brumby

• Supporter
Re: Please vote for Richard E in Keysight's scope giveaway video contest.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 03:08:19 am »
Ah, yes....

As I said in another thread, there were a couple of entries that made a good case - and yours was one of them.

Since we now have two declared entrants on the forum, I'm going to keep further voting intentions to myself - but I wish you both the best of luck.

• Frequent Contributor
    • Music here
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 07:54:01 am »
Many thanks... Although popularity contests have never been an easy game for me, evidently lol.  :-BROKE  :D

One can only hope things turn around :)

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 08:16:17 am »
Best luck for you but,  frankly, 6GHz 6000X scope for FFT at low frequencies? BTW you can get cheap GWinstek GDS-2000E of even GDS-1000B series scope and it will have amazing FFT.

Offline Armxnian

• Regular Contributor
  • Computer Engineering Student
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 08:21:22 am »
Yeah yours was the only other watchable-without-puking video besides the one Carlos put up.
The gear you built looks professional  :-+
Best luck for you but,  frankly, 6GHz 6000X scope for FFT at low frequencies? BTW you can get cheap GWinstek GDS-2000E of even GDS-1000B series scope and it will have amazing FFT.
At least he gave a use for the scope. The 1054z's FFT is useless.

The following users thanked this post: LektroiD

• Frequent Contributor
    • Music here
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 10:43:43 am »
Yeah yours was the only other watchable-without-puking video besides the one Carlos put up.
The gear you built looks professional  :-+
At least he gave a use for the scope. The 1054z's FFT is useless.

To be fair, none of the entrants would make full use of this scope's capabilities, but it's a very nice scope to have. I only mentioned FFT metering as the project I happen to have on my bench at the moment would benefit from it. But as I said in the video, it's not just FFT I would make use of, particularly when I'm working on digital circuits. However, due to the time constraints of the video, I couldn't go into much more detail, give me an hour and I'd put a much better case across.

I am intrigued as to how some of the other videos amassed so many votes though. As I said before, it seems to be veering toward a popularity contest, rather than genuine need for the scope (in some cases). I can only speculate that some of the entrants are inboxing every one of their facebook contacts in an aggressive stance to increase their chances. Unfortunately this may well work for them, and we could well see that scope on ebay, lining someone's pocket and not giving pleasure to a genuine entrant.

Offline continuo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 11:34:21 am »
Yup, but that's unfortunately how it works. You are into arts and music, post it on every music forum you could imagine and ask kindly for their support, that may help your case a lot  :-+

Offline rch

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 01:25:15 pm »
Yup, but that's unfortunately how it works. You are into arts and music, post it on every music forum you could imagine and ask kindly for their support, that may help your case a lot  :-+

Maybe instead of a standard captcha they should have put up a simple electronic puzzle/question that had to be answered in 15 seconds?  An idea for next time?

Offline continuo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 03:11:24 pm »
To be honest, I don't like the entire "vote the winner" system. It's sort of an explicit invitation to cheaters. Letting them present their projects and get a Keysight jury to pick the winner would be fairer, imho  :-//

« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 03:26:39 pm by continuo »

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2016, 01:05:37 am »
To be honest, I don't like the entire "vote the winner" system. It's sort of an explicit invitation to cheaters. Letting them present their projects and get a Keysight jury to pick the winner would be fairer, imho  :-//

I agree - but I imagine the objective is more about awareness of the product than fairness in its awarding.  Even non-technical people who get dragged into the voting are likely to know someone who is - and then they can spread the word as well.  A panel of judges won't get that result.

The winner will be the one who can best leverage social media.  The technical merit of their argument will not feature as strongly as it should.

Offline Fohdeesha

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 02:27:17 am »
I thought you came off very natural in the video so no worries there and I'm a fellow electronic music lover so you hit my soft spot there  :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf