Author Topic: Wave 2018 (formerly Scope Month)  (Read 50813 times)

Offline ProBang2

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Wave 2018 (formerly Scope Month)
« Reply #175 on: March 15, 2018, 07:44:09 am »
BTW: There was a obvious typo. Nothing important. Changed the meaning only from "does matter" to "does not matter"...

Wenn längere Netzkabel zur Versorgung eines Geräts verwendet werden, gilt für die Netzkabellänge Folgendes (alle zutreffenden Antworten auswählen):
[...]
    C. Sie spielt keine Rolle, da das Rauschen, bedingt durch Umwelteinflüsse, den an das Gerät gelieferten Strom beeinflussen kann
[...]
Antwort: C und D. Lange Kabel können das System beeinflussen. Achten Sie darauf, dass Sie die Messeingänge der Stromversorgung und/oder einen lokalen Bypass-Kondensator zur Abschwächung dieser Effekte verwenden.

My only fear is: The same guy translates the UI´s and manuals from Keysight...   :o

Offline CNe7532294

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #176 on: March 15, 2018, 01:52:49 pm »
Did something change? I no longer get a confirmation email like I've been getting up until today's entry.  ???

I waited for a good hour. No email. Deleted all cookies for wave and re entered still no email yet. Switch browsers. No email.

Offline ProBang2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #177 on: March 15, 2018, 06:23:34 pm »

I didn´t got a confirmation mail today, either.    :-//

The following users thanked this post: CNe7532294

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #178 on: March 15, 2018, 06:24:52 pm »
Likewise. Maybe a bug.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

The following users thanked this post: CNe7532294

Offline hscade

• Contributor
« Reply #179 on: March 15, 2018, 06:37:57 pm »
let's start with some conspiracy theories. Daniel is from the back side of the moon and builds a keysight robot to enslave human kind!

Offline KNSSoftware

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2018, 08:58:26 pm »
I think they are taking on board our comments, as they have changed something, which is a positive.  As stated previously, I always have to refill the form daily due to clearing the cache.  I never get a conformation due to a bug with this method, however for the first time, it said I was entered into the daily, instead of showing the 'Daily Submit' button, you guys just normally click.  They may get it right just in time for the last draw.

Offline hscade

• Contributor
« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2018, 09:07:08 pm »
I think they are taking on board our comments, as they have changed something, which is a positive.  As stated previously, I always have to refill the form daily due to clearing the cache.  I never get a conformation due to a bug with this method, however for the first time, it said I was entered into the daily, instead of showing the 'Daily Submit' button, you guys just normally click.  They may get it right just in time for the last draw.

hopefully

Offline MarvinTheMartian

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2018, 10:49:11 pm »
However, the material from which questions could be drawn being what it was, I just couldn't justify the time to research and prepare - plus there being one set time means that if anything happened, my opportunity would pass.  As a result, I didn't even try.

My hopes lie with Dave and his dumpster finds....

Similar story for me Brumby, too busy and stressed after the death of my wife - hoping luck is with me for Dave's dumpster dives as well (if not me, then maybe yourself :-+)
Reviving my old hobby after retiring! Know so little...only one thing to do...watch Dave's videos and keep reading the forum! ;-)

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #183 on: March 16, 2018, 02:39:08 am »
Well, I have a chance in 4 of them...  I'm a member; I'm a supporter; I do Patreon and I responded in the Youtube comments.  There's an excellent chance I can make it to the Sydney event - just need to know where and when.  That will make 5 chances.

Don't think I'm anywhere in the ball park for the "warm and fuzzy" selection, though, which is fine.

If you do win one, I would ask for a nice, detailed photo of it on your bench.  Vicarious living has its necessities.   ;)  (and, yes, if I win, I will do likewise)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 02:42:05 am by Brumby »

The following users thanked this post: imidis

Offline FrankE

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #184 on: March 16, 2018, 03:25:31 am »
Might be an idea to have to create an account for wave if they run it again. Daily entries would be handled by account rather than cookies and that would free up the chat for discussion of the tips, application notes and instruments.
After one entry which places one in the draw the extra entries aren't as statistically.significant anyway.

I've sure enjoyed watching the tips, reading the data sheets and app notes and lusting over the instruments.

Someday maybe.

Offline CNe7532294

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #185 on: March 18, 2018, 03:19:00 am »
I ended up saving everything from the site. Even the webpages (both complete and screenshot). With permission I could upload those to my dropbox folder, K04BB's site, or something similar. I couldn't get the SAP questions on time though because that is moon time for me. If the questions and answers could be provided for SAP week 2 (SAP week 1 is on their blog) that would be awesome.  :-+ The schematic challenges are found in both the scope and rf blogs of Keysight.

Online tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
« Reply #186 on: March 18, 2018, 04:29:55 pm »
Well, I guess that's it then. Congrats for the winners.

Offline SirAlucard

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #187 on: March 19, 2018, 03:20:17 pm »
I'm surprised they would remove all those PDF files from their library. They should have a dedicated area for those kind of things. Just in case I grabbed them all for future use. :)

Offline Deridex

• Regular Contributor
  • IMHO
« Reply #188 on: March 19, 2018, 05:33:03 pm »
Congratulations to all the winners  :)

Offline Orpheus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2018, 06:53:47 pm »
Had the same issue with this question and it is not the first with an odd translation.

Yes, I'd prefer to read the original English text. I'm familiar with all the English technical terms, and the translation often isn't easily understandable if it wasn't done by a native speaker engineer who knows the correct native terms.

That's a general problem with translated technical stuff, if the original language is English, I always prefer the original document. Vice versa, if the original language is German, the English translation often is hilarious. Don't know if this is the same for other languages.

I was once fluent in German, but after almost 30 years I must take every opportunity to practice, lest I lose my German entirely.

A while back I was reading a hilarious German technical paper -- well, it was only hilarious to me, because as I was slogging through it, painfully pulling the meaning of each word out of my dusty grey matter, I misread Rauschen (noise) as Rauch (smoke) which influenced me to convince myself that "sauber" (which I knew meant "clean") also meant "magic" ("zauber").

Now I've finally found a setting where people might actually understand the hilarity that ensued.

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2018, 09:54:53 pm »
Nver mind, did'nt win, theres always 2019!
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

Offline CNe7532294

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #191 on: March 20, 2018, 01:12:42 am »
I'm surprised they would remove all those PDF files from their library. They should have a dedicated area for those kind of things. Just in case I grabbed them all for future use. :)

They still have them at keysight. You just have to search more. As for the dedicated area (the wave webpages), that is what was "closed" but you can still access it, as of right now, if you remember the link address.  ;) search "wavekeysight" and "making-rf-magic" or "how-to-get-clean-dc-power". Better hurry because it'll all be taken down (404'd) eventually and google may uncache it eventually as well.

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoffTopic starter

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
« Reply #192 on: March 20, 2018, 08:52:16 pm »
Sorry for the radio silence! The German translations were new for us, we generally don't do that translation so there were clearly some kinks to work out. I've also given feedback to the team that we should have some sort of "view in English" type page.

Also, the PDF files & their links will probably not go away for a long, long time. The Wave collection/library pages are what is gone, not the content itself. If someone were to put them on a dropbox somewhere that wouldn't be the end of the world. The better approach would be to just post the links, though, as that will give people the latest version of those documents.

Offline KNSSoftware

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #193 on: March 21, 2018, 01:41:18 am »
Sorry for the radio silence!

There was a contest for a FieldFox around here, that may have helped
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 01:44:45 am by KNSSoftware »

Offline station240

• Supporter
« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2018, 11:11:32 am »
Fail on the Test to Impress entry page.

https://www.wavekeysight.com/sap-close/
And, you have until March 31 to enter the Test to Impress Contest. Winners will be announced by April 15 on the Keysight Labs YouTube Channel.
But the link to enter https://www.wavekeysight.com/sap-landing/sap-test-impress/ loads the /sap-close page contents, so no one can enter.

Offline tmaiman89

« Reply #195 on: April 01, 2018, 03:18:58 pm »
Does entering Test to Impress would receive confirmation email?

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoffTopic starter

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
« Reply #196 on: April 03, 2018, 07:07:32 am »
@tmaiman89, I don't recall. If you're concerned you can PM me your info and I'll check on it. I'm confident that form worked, though, based on the quantity of entries received.

The following users thanked this post: tmaiman89

Offline tmaiman89

« Reply #197 on: April 04, 2018, 10:58:34 am »
Sounds like a lot of entries received. Seems my chance pretty small :pray:

Offline TheDane

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #198 on: April 07, 2018, 06:14:30 am »
Fail on the Test to Impress entry page.

https://www.wavekeysight.com/sap-close/
And, you have until March 31 to enter the Test to Impress Contest. Winners will be announced by April 15 on the Keysight Labs YouTube Channel.
But the link to enter https://www.wavekeysight.com/sap-landing/sap-test-impress/ loads the /sap-close page contents, so no one can enter.

"Not a match"  :-//
Test to Impress 2018 Winners!

Offline chris.w.maloney@gmail.com

« Reply #199 on: March 20, 2019, 01:22:31 pm »
Cool thanks!
Chris

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf