Author Topic: Wave 2018 (formerly Scope Month)  (Read 50771 times)

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoffTopic starter

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
Re: Wave 2018 (formerly Scope Month)
« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2018, 11:59:38 pm »
Hi ProBang2,

There should have been the Friday winner embedded on the Wave webpage and on the Keysight Labs YouTube channel. The video will be posted at 10 AM MST to the YT channel, and embedded into the webpages after that.

Offline hendorog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2018, 08:06:09 am »
Trap for young players to get your daily entry:

Go to:
https://www.wavekeysight.com/landing/

Not:
https://www.wavekeysight.com/sap-landing/

For some reason I was alway getting redirected to the second URL, and never saw the daily entry button again after the first visit.
This was true on several PC's and nothing seemed to fix it.

After finding that link in this thread I tried it and got the button again. Clicked that and got the email confirmation - which I had not had since March 1.

Over and under.

The following users thanked this post: Keysight DanielBogdanoff

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2018, 08:37:35 am »
The different countdown timers displayed on each of those sites are indicative of different locations and accordingly time zones, the relevant page states that tomorrows start time for AUS is 14:00 and in NZ it will be 16:00.

Offline hendorog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2018, 08:54:48 am »
Yes, no doubt the pages are for different regions. The confusing thing that suckered me is at one point or another I have seen both pages and have clicked the daily entry button.
So I thought I was supposed to click the button enter each day, but I haven't seen the page with the button to click for some time so figured I was doing it wrong.

In summary, there is no daily button to click on the sap-landing page. There _is_ a daily button on the landing page. I assume this is how it is supposed to be because NZ is not in the list of countries for the 'main' competition posted earlier (yeah I know, read the fine print etc):
"This promotion is limited to specific countries and is only open to entrants aged 18 years or older at the time of submission who are legal residents of, and physically located within, Austria, Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec), Chile, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Korea Republic of, Poland, South Africa, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States (excluding Florida, New York, and Rhode Island), and Venezuela."

Offline bsudbrink

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2018, 11:00:18 pm »
BogdanON... BogdanOFF...    :-DD

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2018, 12:57:59 am »
As someone who has had their fair share of name twisting in primary school, I'm sure Daniel has experienced this as well.  Not cool.

The phrase member bsubbrink referred to was mentioned at 4:30 in the current Keysight video, it was nothing more than a bit of lighthearted fun by those shown in the video,

Oh ... my apologies.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 01:49:01 am by Brumby »

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2018, 01:13:03 am »

As someone who has had their fair share of name twisting in primary school, I'm sure Daniel has experienced this as well.  Not cool.

The phrase member bsubbrink referred to was mentioned at 4:30 in the current Keysight video, it was nothing more than a bit of lighthearted fun by those shown in the video, my concern would be that they are actually looking for a replacement for Daniel which would be a serious mistake.

The following users thanked this post: bsudbrink

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2018, 01:14:13 am »
Uncommon names are cool to learn more about. The site below indicates that in 2010 only 376 people in the US had the surname Bogdanoff, with a high concentration in California.

http://names.mooseroots.com/l/96665/Bogdanoff

I've also seen it spelled Bogdanov.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2018, 10:15:54 am »
I've just found out that you need to have cookies enabled and must not auto-delete them when closing the web browser. Unfortunately that isn't explained anywhere. If you're a person concerned about privacy and have set your browser to auto-delete cookies when closing the browser you'll see the registration form again next day. So I re-registered again and again, and I assume Daniel considers this an attempted fraud and removes my entries. Only if the cookie is saved you'll see the webpage for re-entering for the next draw. Keysight, if you require cookies to be saved please tell so. Otherwise privacy concerned users won't have any chance to win because they re-register every day and you'll simply delete their entries because you think they are trying to cheat. But the problem is that the users won't see the page for re-entering the draw because of the auto-deleted cookie.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 12:53:03 pm by madires »

Offline FrankE

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2018, 11:56:21 am »
I've just found out that you need to have cookies enabled and must not auto-delete them when closing the web browser. Unfortunately that isn't explained anywhere. If you're a person concerned about privacy and have set your browser to auto-delete cookies when closing the browser you'll see the registration form again next day. So I re-registered again and again, and I assume Daniel considers this an attempted fraud and removes my entries. Only if the cookie is saved you'll see the webpage for re-entering for the next draw. Keysight, if you require cookies to be saved please tell so. Otherwise privacy concerned users won't have any change to win because they re-register every day and you'll simply delete their entries because you think they are trying to cheat. But the problem is that the users won't see the page for re-entering the draw because of the auto-deleted cookie.

I fell foul of that too.

Offline Fred27

• Supporter
    • Fred's blog
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2018, 12:07:20 pm »
I've been doing that as I've gone to the site on different devices. I assumed that a completely fresh (but identical) entry every day was the same as clicking the "get your daily entry" button. Is the not the case?

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2018, 12:24:34 pm »
Can someone please fix the wonky LED tape in that sign...
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2018, 03:08:27 pm »
Entry submission flow is confusing, i would rather fill out a registration from scratch each day instead of relying on cookies and stuff. it is unclear what the daily challenge does, is it just for fun, is it required to be answered, or what, it is not explained. I once was on that page and both the daily challenge Submit and Get Your Daily Entry Submit buttons were there, i answered the challenge,  clicked Submit it and the page refreshed and the Get your daily entry button was gone and i could not get it back and i never received a email confirmation for that day. Since then i do not touch the challenge button, just click the Get your daily entry one. With that i do receive email confirmations.
All in all, i think the flow could have been presented better, it is confusing to have multiple Submit button on a same page.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2018, 03:49:04 pm »
I do not have a "Get your daily entry" button at all after I submitted my first entry.
And I never got a confirmation email.

Suddenly today I got an email with confirmation and I did not even do another entry, LOL!

So, there is really no way for us to know, if we made it in to the contest or not.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline NivagSwerdna

• Super Contributor
« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2018, 04:01:26 pm »
I have decided I hate competitions I never win. 

The only thing that makes failing the daily draw liveable is the fact that I know that the LED alignment in the sign is winding MikesElectricStuff up the wrong way.

Oh.. and I've decided on selling some merch so I can save up to buy my own 4CH scope. (Although now I've decided I really need a 24+CH logic analyser too)

See attached
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 04:03:44 pm by NivagSwerdna »

Offline bsudbrink

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2018, 05:18:06 pm »

The phrase member bsubbrink referred to was mentioned at 4:30 in the current Keysight video, it was nothing more than a bit of lighthearted fun by those shown in the video, my concern would be that they are actually looking for a replacement for Daniel which would be a serious mistake.

What really struck my "funny bone" was the subtle "Karate Kid" reference.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2018, 06:46:00 pm »
NivagSwerdna, nice T-shirt. :)

The following users thanked this post: NivagSwerdna

Offline Deridex

• Regular Contributor
  • IMHO
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2018, 07:52:31 pm »
I've just found out that you need to have cookies enabled and must not auto-delete them when closing the web browser. Unfortunately that isn't explained anywhere. If you're a person concerned about privacy and have set your browser to auto-delete cookies when closing the browser you'll see the registration form again next day. So I re-registered again and again, and I assume Daniel considers this an attempted fraud and removes my entries. Only if the cookie is saved you'll see the webpage for re-entering for the next draw. Keysight, if you require cookies to be saved please tell so. Otherwise privacy concerned users won't have any chance to win because they re-register every day and you'll simply delete their entries because you think they are trying to cheat. But the problem is that the users won't see the page for re-entering the draw because of the auto-deleted cookie.
If this is true, then there is no chance for me to get anything.
Seriosly: Make the rules clear or the event might have the opposite(getting people pissed) effect than wanted.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2018, 08:05:52 pm »
I disagree. If anyone goes through the registration and sees the same information entered multiple times, once a day, I don't think anyone would see it as a cheater.

Otherwise, if the same physical address has 20 e-mail addresses being re-registered everyday, I suspect that would be a tremendous red flag.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2018, 08:11:02 pm »
These competitions are important and beneficial for character building so people learn to cope with disappointment and injustice. The South Asia Pacific Quiz probably would have gone to the person who could type the fastest which wasn't me.   ::) :(

The following users thanked this post: NivagSwerdna

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2018, 09:25:09 pm »
So I re-registered again and again, and I assume Daniel considers this an attempted fraud and removes my entries.

If you're using the same email address, all should be well. It's clearly the same person entering. No worries.

The following users thanked this post: FrankE

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
« Reply #146 on: March 08, 2018, 10:18:32 pm »
Can someone please fix the wonky LED tape in that sign...

I worked on it this afternoon, it'll be better on Monday I promise!

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2018, 12:49:59 am »
So I re-registered again and again, and I assume Daniel considers this an attempted fraud and removes my entries.

If you're using the same email address, all should be well. It's clearly the same person entering. No worries.

Our system recognizes the e-mail address, so you'll be fine and won't get flagged. What's not ok is using multiple e-mail addresses day after day.

The following users thanked this post: madires

Offline Deridex

• Regular Contributor
  • IMHO
« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2018, 04:37:39 am »

Our system recognizes the e-mail address, so you'll be fine and won't get flagged. What's not ok is using multiple e-mail addresses day after day.
Thanks for explaining that. I still wonder however why i only got a confirmation email once. But i take your word that all is fine  :-+

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2018, 11:06:22 pm »
Thanks for explaining that. I still wonder however why i only got a confirmation email once. But i take your word that all is fine  :-+

Yes, you're good to go!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf