Author Topic: GIVEAWAY: VIDEO ENTRY: 2x Keysight DSOX1204G 200MHz Scopes  (Read 25719 times)

Offline electromotive

• Regular Contributor
Re: GIVEAWAY: VIDEO ENTRY: 2x Keysight DSOX1204G 200MHz Scopes
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2019, 02:52:45 pm »
Brumby, I couldn't care less who won the scopes, mate. But look at what you just wrote "Membership of the EEVblog wasn't necessary." Considering you have to be a member to submit sort of blows the doors off that notion. Based on the other drawing having a minimum post count, forgive me if I mistook that as applicable across the board. If you go back and look at the live stream, I'm not the only one that thought this. As far as my "sense of justice" goes, I believe the term you're looking for is humanity. Perhaps you could read up on the Sri caste systems, the Sri civil war, and Sri genocide that has occurred in a country known to sponsor terrorism. All independently verifiable at a scholarly level. Say what you want, but that's immutable fact.

Dave, I don't mean to offend or irritate anyone. I believe the sincerest form of flattery is feeling you can share an honest opinion. We're all here for a common interest in electronics. I think the giveaway was a great idea, but some of the rules seemed to get a bit muddled together. I'm not the only person that made that mistake, as illustrated by the comments in the live stream. I apologize for that. I was excited to see a woman winner as the sciences (especially engineering and electronics) are largely male dominant, which I believe stifles innovation.

As always, I mean no harm whatsoever.

Offline WackyGerman

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2019, 03:32:44 pm »
Congrats to the winner of the contest  :clap:. always have a good time and many success with your new tool  :-+ :-+ :-+ :-+ :-+

The following users thanked this post: ChunkyPastaSauce, YaSaRa_N

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2019, 03:33:58 pm »
Brumby ... ... But look at what you just wrote "Membership of the EEVblog wasn't necessary." Considering you have to be a member to submit sort of blows the doors off that notion.

Syntactically flawed perhaps - but I think you get my meaning.  Besides, the winning video could have been produced by a student and have it posted by a tutor, parent, etc.  So, in that case, they didn't have to be a member.

But my point was, simply, that Dave performed the selection process well within his stated parameters - not those that some people thought.

Offline @rt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2019, 05:20:38 pm »
I’m not upset because I think "Space For It" should have won anyway.

Offline ali_asadzadeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2019, 06:30:43 pm »
What do you mean "last page"?

The last page in the forum :)
ASiDesigner, Stands for Application specific intelligent devices
I'm a Digital Expert from 8-bits to 64-bits

Offline solEEnoid

« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2019, 02:44:18 am »
Congrats to the winners!

I don't understand why people are complaining. If someone is deserving enough, shouldn't matter how much they post on the forums. Lots of us might watch EEV videos and lurk the forums sometimes, but not necessarily have enough time to be posting constantly. Doesn't mean we aren't busy working on stuff and sharing/contributing by other means like github, etc.

The following users thanked this post: YaSaRa_N

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2019, 06:35:57 pm »
Congratulations to the winners! Pretty cool videos!

Brumby, I couldn't care less who won the scopes, mate.
Internal contradiction. You are clearly bothered that someone from Sri Lanka won the oscilloscope, otherwise you wouldn't have posted the link and re-stated the issue in your last post. This looks like virtue signaling to me.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline taydin

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2019, 07:01:43 pm »
When I watched the video of the wonderful student in Sri Lanka, I really wished that she would be selected :) And she is! Based on what she worked on, it's obvious she will make good use of it!
Real programmers use machine code!

My hobby projects http://mekatronik.org/forum

Offline jimdeane

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #133 on: June 09, 2019, 07:47:26 pm »
Congrats winners and thanks Dave for making some student/hobbyists very happy!

The following users thanked this post: Harshadb13

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf