Author Topic: Wave 2020 Official Thread!  (Read 23541 times)

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
Re: Wave 2020 Official Thread!
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2020, 04:36:31 pm »
How long does it typically take for something to happen? I filled out the form and emailed it back as soon as I got it but I have not gotten any sort of confirmation that it was received. I'm not in any real rush but I don't want to find out a month from now that they never got anything from me and moved on.

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2020, 05:41:39 pm »
I've tried a few browsers and settings and couldn't get entry to work, aside from one or two confirmation emails but nothing lately.

I'm not bothering with the contest, the entry process is either not working or it's not working.
Fire the bonehead that made a webpage "Whoops, looks like something went wrong." after entering all that crap over and over again. My grandmother can write that kind of code.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2020, 06:35:19 pm »
aside from one or two confirmation emails but nothing lately.
I had the same doubt regarding e-mails:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/contests/wave-2020-official-thread!/msg2946872/#msg2946872
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2020, 09:15:09 pm »
I've tried a few browsers and settings and couldn't get entry to work, aside from one or two confirmation emails but nothing lately.

I'm not bothering with the contest, the entry process is either not working or it's not working.
Fire the bonehead that made a webpage "Whoops, looks like something went wrong." after entering all that crap over and over again. My grandmother can write that kind of code.

- Get a form filler, then you only need to enter your information one time
- The fact that it works for everyone else tells me it likely has to do with specific browser addons/blockers/etc, you can try a "clean" browser instead of messing with your settings.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2020, 10:01:30 pm »
Thing is, this all worked on the first day and I even got a confirmation email.

I tried it again with all browser add-ons (i.e. adblock) off, third-party cookies enabled.
So all the analytics on the registration page: Adobe, demdex.net, google, doubleclick etc. happening, it still goes to "Whoops something went wrong".
Tried another PC and version of Firefox, the registration page jumped immediately to "Whoops, looks like something went wrong." Javascript is such rocket science, and generating a useful error message would be great.

It not a good day, for the stock markets or coronavirus so I leave this alone as I have low patience.
I don't even know if Keysight is monetizing my private data, entering a phone number etc. to be shared with third-parties is not in a spirit of respect.

Fluke/Fortive has these contests done in a superior manner and profiles a person much better. Maybe another year Keysight can fix/improve it.

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2020, 10:44:43 pm »
It not a good day, for the stock markets or coronavirus so I leave this alone as I have low patience.
I don't even know if Keysight is monetizing my private data, entering a phone number etc. to be shared with third-parties is not in a spirit of respect.

Thats fair. They will send you a lot of white papers and promo material directly. Other than that I haven't seen anything.
https://www.keysight.com/main/editorial.jspx?pmode=Privacy&cc=CA&lc=eng

Tek pissed me off by passing on my information directly to distributor after I asked for a quote from Tek, but that is probably normal procedure.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2020, 11:28:16 pm »
If Fluke or Tek are ever giving away free gear I'm happy to sign up for those too, I'm not picky about the brand when I don't have to pay for it. I don't know why those errors are occurring but nobody else has mentioned hitting it so I'm not so sure that Keysight is to blame. I've entered every day and it has always worked whether using my laptop or my phone.

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2020, 02:38:12 am »
I just tried entering a bogus name and every other field in the form, and the entry went fine  :palm:
Obviously I must be a bot. It's all green checkmarks in the form either way. No checks for valid city/state/phone number,  terrible webpage design.
Firefox dev tools reports 226 CSS errors, 3 Javascript errors for loading google analytics.js and 5 errors over tracking protection- even though I don't have that enabled.

I'd rather enter based on a Keysight account... I just clicked on myKeysight and got a French webpage, I am not Canada Français and no button for EN :-DD pure torture.

Fluke was using a 10 question multiple-choice quiz as a valid entry. It meant you had to read the marketing blurb and remember a few specs about the featured product. You did get awareness of a product that way. Instead of just filling out personal info in a form.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2020, 03:59:06 am »
I've never received an email confirmation though I've resubmitted several times with the checkbox set. No error, but no confirmation email, either. :-//

Better luck next year, I guess. :P
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2020, 07:04:38 am »
Better luck next year, I guess. :P

I say that every year.

Offline Moonbase

• Contributor
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2020, 07:26:07 am »
Question to Daniel and all winners here so far: I was drawn as a winner of one U1282A on March 11 (Matthias Hormann) but didn't receive any notice or email yet.

So how long does it usually take, and actually how does Keysight notify winners?

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoffTopic starter

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2020, 07:28:18 am »
Hi @Moonbase - we should have sent out the email already, but if you didn't feel free to reach out to use at wave [at] keysight.com and we'll get things squared away.

The following users thanked this post: Moonbase

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoffTopic starter

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2020, 07:31:19 am »
Also, for the record, we do NOT monetize our database. But, we may subject you to emails about whitepapers, etc., in a legally acceptable manner.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, Moonbase

Offline Moonbase

• Contributor
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2020, 07:37:56 am »
Whew, you are fast!   8)
Cheers for the answers, Daniel, sent you an email!

And good to know for us that you don't share our data too far. Nothing against a few whitepapers and new product data info here, of course.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2020, 07:43:37 am »
...in a legally acceptable manner.

So fancy!  ;D
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline Moonbase

• Contributor
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2020, 01:09:51 pm »
@Winners: Did you all get your "winner" emails on the same day?

I still only got an answer from Keysight asking me to check my spam folder (which of course I did on the first day).
Seems my usual "luck" holds and I didn’t "win" anything after all (even if it was in the video). :-\

I don’t believe (and certainly don’t accuse) Keysight of dealing in odd practices or fake drawings, but I really start wondering what might have happened.

And yes, of course I checked my email address for reachability.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 01:17:54 pm by Moonbase »

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2020, 02:33:04 pm »
Question to Daniel: is it possible to win twice? Either in the same wave, or in different waves. I'm asking because I once sort of won, but at the end it turned out my country was not eligible (and still is, but I don't loose the hope for the future). I'm worried that in the system I'm marked as already having a price and can't participate again.

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2020, 02:38:05 pm »

I still only got an answer from Keysight asking me to check my spam folder (which of course I did on the first day).
Seems my usual "luck" holds and I didn’t "win" anything after all (even if it was in the video). :-\

I don’t believe (and certainly don’t accuse) Keysight of dealing in odd practices or fake drawings, but I really start wondering what might have happened.

And yes, of course I checked my email address for reachability.

I wasn't getting emails from them either for the confirmation. Out of 4 emails sent, I got 1. I suspect they need to keep trying.

Offline Ranayna

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2020, 03:15:11 pm »
In the last years, there was a written winner list published.
Does that already exist for this years winners?
I missed most videos, and have not received any confirmation mails, except for the initial sign-up confirmation.

Offline DanEdwards

• Contributor
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2020, 03:25:09 pm »

I did. Is it possible that there is someone else with your name who won?

Question to Daniel: is it possible to win twice?

You can only win once per giveaway. As per their terms and conditions.

In the last years, there was a written winner list published.
Does that already exist for this years winners?

From what I understand there is no list this year. Its easy to skim through each video.

As per terms and conditions you can request a list of the winners by mailing keysight.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 03:37:23 pm by Daned33 »

Offline Moonbase

• Contributor
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2020, 04:01:52 pm »
Hm. Got an email now, requesting to send a "Wave 2020 Sweepstakes Declaration Release" (PDF) back to some email address ending in "…@non.keysight.com". "NON Keysight"? Looks a little suspicious, was yours the same email address?

The document itself looks quite legit.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 04:03:28 pm by Moonbase »

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2020, 04:12:54 pm »
Hm. Got an email now, requesting to send a "Wave 2020 Sweepstakes Declaration Release" (PDF) back to some email address ending in "…@non.keysight.com". "NON Keysight"? Looks a little suspicious, was yours the same email address?
It is a subdomain; anything.keysight.com is controlled by the same instance that controls keysight.com (edited: unless they delegate it to someone else; in this case, the source for authoritative information on both non.keysight.com and keysight.com is ns1.keysight.com and hostmaster.keysight.com, i.e. the non.keysight.com subdomain is in Keysight control).

Furthermore, a mail service lookup (host -t mx keysight.com ; host -t mx non.keysight.com) shows that both are serviced by the same mail servers.

In summary, the subdomain name "non" might look odd, but there is nothing suspicious in it.  To investigate it further, I'd need to examine the mail headers, especially each mail server in the full From: chain.  If I were you, I wouldn't bother.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 04:23:20 pm by Nominal Animal »

Offline Moonbase

• Contributor
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2020, 04:28:59 pm »
Cheers for the heads-up @Nominal Animal. Didn’t think of checking the MX headers. ;-)

Offline DanEdwards

• Contributor
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2020, 05:13:34 pm »

This was the email account that emailed me.

Glad you got the email nonetheless.

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2020, 05:26:19 pm »

Just ask Daniel Bogdanoff.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf