1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon cumin
1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
salt to taste, around 1 teaspoon

get 350g of finely minced lamb combined with 350g of finely minced beef and place it in a food mixer with the spice and herb mix, mix well until it bonds together

Place in ovenproof dish, cover with foil, pierce the foil in a number of places and cook at 180c for 60 minutes. Reserve the fat/juices and allow to cool.

Slice the 'meatloaf' into thin slices, sear in a large heavy bottomed frying pan adding some of the reserved fat/juices to moisten the meat slices.

Slice thinly some cabbage, onion, tomato, cucumber

add meat then add sliced vegetables to a toasted pitta (or freshly cooked naan)

add some rooster brand sriracha, garlic mayo, Tzatziki, whatever sauces you like.

Drink beer then enjoy ;)

Alternatively, soak some wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes and make kofta kebabs for the BBQ

Microdoser:
I wasn't happy with the recipe, so I have updated it. This is much closer to 'British takeaway kebab' meat.

ucanel:
I am from homeland of doner kebap,
doner means turns, turning.
If it is not turning it is not a doner kebab.

Cinnamon and meat does not go along in here.
Of course taste depends on so many things.

Microdoser:

--- Quote from: ucanel on March 18, 2021, 08:14:38 pm ---I am from homeland of doner kebap,
doner means turns, turning.
If it is not turning it is not a doner kebab.

Cinnamon and meat does not go along in here.
Of course taste depends on so many things.

--- End quote ---

I would be very interested in your recipe.
I posted this so that people who do not have access to a spit could make a reasonable kebab at home like the ones they could buy in a UK takeaway.

beanflying:
Gyro, Kebab, Souvlaki or even Shawarma all get a little misused and confused and even throw in Falafel to really confuse it.  ;) Pick your meat of choice flavour to suit your palate and enjoy. Yes with Beer too or Raki or even a G&T are all appropriate IMO.

And I won't get into if the Greeks or Turks made the first vertical cooking device wars are fought over far less :box: :-DD

Shack Saturday version below. If I can be bothered I make my own Pita bread but this time I was lazy so commercial wraps.

Slice thinly or cube the Lamb preferably a cut with a little fat on it (Lamb Leg for me).

Marinade
Garlic 1 clove/250g
Lemon 1/2 or a bit more
Good Glug of Olive Oil
Pepper - lots
Salt - a little
Herbs of choice or even a teaspoon of a Middle Eastern spice blend (Ras el Hanout goes well with Lamb for a variation).

Leave it for 6-12 hours

Salad for me is really simple Red Onion, Cherry Tomatoes and Baby Spinach. Locally there is a bad trend of using Bland Iceberg Lettuce  :horse: just say NO.

Garlic Aioli commercial is easy and it keeps well in the fridge or if you are feeding a few then make your own.

Don't overcook whatever meat you use and lightly warmup or toast the flatbread on the pan to freshen it up or I pan cook my flatbreads as needed on the same.

Repeat as needed - BURP  ;D

Stunt Falafel shot below on home made Turkish Bread with similar salad but Tzatziki rather than the Aioli.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version