Author Topic: Looking to purchase a cordless stick mixer  (Read 1510 times)

Offline HalcyonTopic starter

• Global Moderator
Looking to purchase a cordless stick mixer
« on: October 19, 2022, 02:57:10 am »
I've never owned one and I've done most of my "bulk chopping/puréeing" in a food processor. It does a great job but is a bit cumbersome to use (and clean), particularly if you want to quickly whizz up a sauce or whatever.

I love stick blenders and I've used a couple of different types, all corded however.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a cordless model? Something that will last, especially in boiling temperatures and in the dishwasher (for the mixy part). I don't know if replaceable batteries are an option? Even if it's an internal 18650 cell or two; it's a lot better than these custom battery packs.

Online IanB

• Super Contributor
Re: Looking to purchase a cordless stick mixer
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 03:07:28 am »
I don't see how it could work. To have enough power it would need a big power tool battery pack, and there is nowhere to put that on a hand-held stick blender. I have a corded stick blender that I like, but the whole body of it is made up of a big, beefy motor. I don't see any space to put a battery.

Offline HalcyonTopic starter

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 03:20:59 am »
Cordless ones are fairly common (on a different topic, I actually just bought a cordless Dremel, which is about the same size as a stick blender, and it's brilliant).

I know Kitchen Aid have one, but I don't want to base my decision on brand alone. I'd like to hear from others that have used them.

My reason for going cordless is that the place on by bench where I do most of my prep is on an island bench and not near a power outlet. It's in easy reach to everything else though (bowls, cutlery, spatulas etc...). It's also where the cooktop is, so if I wanted to quickly blend a sauce that is on the stove, I can.

Online IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 04:51:46 am »
If you don't have power nearby, that's inconvenient.

I just read a Q&A on the KitchenAid cordless variable speed hand blender:

Q: "How do you change speeds on this blender?"
A: "The speed changes automatically by the ingredients being blended."

Would that make you suspect that the motor slows down under heavy loads? It certainly does for me.

Online IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2022, 05:00:30 am »
My corded stick blender is a KitchenAid model that works very well. I wondered if you could power something like that off a portable inverter? But my model is rated at 180 W. That would draw 10 A from an 18 V battery pack.

Online PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2022, 07:51:49 pm »
My reason for going cordless is that the place on by bench where I do most of my prep is on an island bench

Finally! An actual use case for uBeam  :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf