Author Topic: Outdoor Garden THERMAL ISSUES, and solutions offered  (Read 1022 times)

Offline RJSVTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Outdoor Garden THERMAL ISSUES, and solutions offered
« on: March 06, 2022, 09:10:31 pm »
Good afternoon, Sunday beautiful today...
   Here is my take, (food related topic), on a
 THERMAL WALL option, and experiment.

In West Coast U.S. our 'shadows' fall to the North, and I've noticed, a straight up (mud) wall will never shade your veggies, no matter what season.  On the other hand, other shade producing objects, placed to the north (of your planting box) WILL make problems, and compounding any cold season, by shading, at say before 3 pm, even though daylight has more than an hour to go, before winter sunset.
   PLUS, here on EEVBLOG I've discovered can't include a photo, in 'PM' sent to others.
This photo, shows a curvey MUD WALL, with intended purpose to gain some heat retention ability,...maybe I can gain a couple weeks head-start, on some broccoli, etc. that needs lots of time, in season.

FARMERS ! HA!    We are poor, often, in this world...

- Rick B.        (nr Oakland, CA)

Offline RJSVTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Outdoor Garden THERMAL ISSUES, and solutions offered
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 09:13:10 pm »
   This photo view includes a couple of my
   'BIRD SHIT COLLECTORS'

Otherwise known, as a backyard SOLAR PANEL.

Online coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
Re: Outdoor Garden THERMAL ISSUES, and solutions offered
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 01:18:55 am »
I kind of wonder if you can put like some kind of netting at the right place to shield them from direct sunlight during high noon and then give full light as angle of sun changes. Like camouflage netting for army. I would imagine the most evaporation happens at high noon (I figure you have evaporation problems with water in cali)

So like a narrow strip hung up in the middle of the patch. Or grow a vine over it, but I am not sure if the vine will drain the water since its still being heated. Maybe Hops lol
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 01:21:24 am by coppercone2 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf