20g red onion; finely diced
100g (1 small) red capsicum; finely diced
100g (1 medium) carrot; finely diced
10g fresh parsley; stalks removed, finely chopped
50g celery; finely diced Note 2
100g cheese; coarsely grated Note 3
50g spring onion; both white and green parts, finely sliced

METHOD:
1. Cook the pasta in slightly salted water, about 1-2 minutes past al dente (or slightly longer than the packet directions). Once cooked, they should be soft but not mushy. It should be slightly softer than usual, as cooked pasta will firm up once refrigerated. Drain well and set aside to cool slightly.

2. Meanwhile, combine the sour cream and coleslaw dressing into a large bowl and set aside. We'll use this bowl later to combine everything together.

3. In a separate bowl, combine all the vegetables and the grated cheese. All the veges should be in pieces roughly the same size. If you want to cheat a bit, cut the carrots, celery and capsicum into matchsticks (or julienne) and pulse in a food processor to get everything diced and in uniform sizes (but don't go too far!). For the cheese, use the largest setting on a box grater.

4. Once the pasta has mostly cooled (but still a little warm) add this to the bowl with the sour cream mixture. Stir to combine, then add all the remaining ingredients and stir so that everything is evenly distributed.

5. Refrigerate. This pasta salad gets better once it's had time to chill (it's even better the next day). Feel free to adjust the amounts of the vegetables to your taste (or omit any you don't like). This recipe is designed to be creamy, yet still somewhat light.

NOTES:
1. I used macaroni for this recipe, but you could use just about any short pasta such as Orecchiette, Lumache, Ditalini or even Fusilli.
2. I absolutely detest celery, but trust me, you won't taste it. It helps to add texture. Cut it smaller than the other veg if you dislike it.
3. I used just standard tasty cheese, but you could use cheddar or any other cheese of your liking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version