Off Topic Hobbies > Cooking

Recipe: Beans and Cream-Chicken on Rice

<< < (2/2)

T3sl4co1l:
Huh, those look more like snow peas (immature pods, flat) than green beans (rounder, somewhat more mature pods of the whatever regular bean beans).

Related, if you use coconut milk, and more (and different) spices, you've basically got a curry. :)

Regarding broth, I'm fond of using "Better Than Bouillon", a gooey paste (refrigerate after opening!) with much better flavor than cubes.  Cubes will certainly get you there, of course. :)

Tim

DrG:

--- Quote from: T3sl4co1l on April 12, 2021, 11:56:42 pm ---Huh, those look more like snow peas (immature pods, flat) than green beans (rounder, somewhat more mature pods of the whatever regular bean beans).

/--/
Tim

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that's what I thought when I saw the pics also...

from: https://www2.palomar.edu/users/warmstrong/ecoph33.htm

A) being the vulgaris and C) being the snow pea. But looking around some more (that site and others) there are a whole lot of different bean varieties. One good thing I like about this sub-forum is that I get to see (pictures at least) of common veggies that are not at all common when I go to the grocery.

Ysjoelfir:
I actually researched the german name and it was said that this is the right one :P However, you see how it looks like, the long flat ones. Roughly 5x20x200mm in size. Squeaks if you chew on it. :)

bsfeechannel:
What you used is actually called runner bean, or butter bean (Phaseolus coccineus).

bsfeechannel:
My first attempt.

The stock cube I used contains annatto, a.k.a. achiote, a.k.a. lipstick tree (Bixa orellana) that gave a yellowish color to the cream. I used Phaseolus vulgaris, instead of Phaseolus coccineus, which is what the OP apparently used. I used marjoram as a spice for the chicken strips and rosemary for the beans. Cheap and very easy to cook. And goes well with white wine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version