Author Topic: 30 second recharging Rechargeable Battery  (Read 118614 times)

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
Re: 30 second recharging Rechargeable Battery
« Reply #225 on: December 23, 2014, 04:17:36 pm »
My beef is more with Kickstarter in general, even though the two projects I have backed both delivered. I just find this case interesting, especially since some of the backers and the guy himself are/were here. Hay oh, looks like he got away with it.

I'm with you - the platforms are the most guilty party in these scams, because they are the only ones with the power to stop them either by doing due diligence, or giving the potential backers the tools and information to do their own due diligence, or by at least making backers aware that they have done NO vetting at all on the project or it's claims and do not know that anything stated in the proposal is true or even possible. 

Then they should compel creators to give updates and either have them agree to a contract for refund to backers in the even of failure to complete, failure to update or failure to respond to inquiries... or better yet (which they'd never do), disburse the funds on a schedule as milestones are met.

I realize KS and IGG don't want to insert themselves into the project because then they have liability, but right now they don't even give backers the tools to do that vetting themselves, so they are complicit in the scamming.

To me I see this as an opportunity for someone to make a site doing just that by offering insurance based on the merits of the project. It could be very lucrative if done right.

Of course they won't insure the ones that they think wont deliver or under deliver by no hitting their full claims or have very high insurance rates for those, to be recovered from the ones that are almost certain.

Offline electrodacus

• Super Contributor
    • electrodacus
« Reply #226 on: March 18, 2015, 04:04:51 am »
Is a bit sad that projects like this give a bad reputation to crowd funding.
It dose not affect me since I wont want any of those that backed this project to back any of my projects.
I'm extremely familiar with super-capacitors. I first purchased a 3.3F 5.5V about 19 or 20 years ago (there where two in series in a large rectangular case branded GoldCaps).
Is clear he will not have been able to deliver as promised but if he was not a scamer and had good intentions he will have delivered whatever he was envisioning initially maybe good enough for a week in a remote control or digital watch :) 

« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 04:11:13 am by electrodacus »

Offline daveatol

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #227 on: March 18, 2015, 04:11:23 am »
Is clear he will not have been able to deliver as promised but if he was not a scamer and had good intentions he will have delivered whatever he was envisioning initially maybe good enough for a week in a remote control or digital watch :)   
If he was not a scammer, then he could refund the pledges (less KS/PP fees and any dev. costs). I'm sure the backers would be happier with a partial refund than nothing.

Even if he launched his KS idea with good intentions, that certainly changed and it's clear that he now plans to defraud his backers.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 04:13:24 am by daveatol »

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #228 on: March 18, 2015, 05:05:26 am »
If he was not a scammer, then he could refund the pledges (less KS/PP fees and any dev. costs). I'm sure the backers would be happier with a partial refund than nothing.

Even if he launched his KS idea with good intentions, that certainly changed and it's clear that he now plans to defraud his backers.

You don't know if the factory he had to build his supercaps failed to deliver and kept all the spent money.
I wouldn't assume anything because it wasn't that much money to begin with.

Offline Corporate666

• Supporter
  • Remember, you are unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #229 on: March 18, 2015, 07:17:48 am »

You don't know if the factory he had to build his supercaps failed to deliver and kept all the spent money.

I think it's safe to assume he is a scammer.

He never posted a single update after funding, IIRC, and he logged on to the site yet left his backers completely in the dark about what is going on.  If he had been scammed himself, he can explain that to backers.  The total lack of communication places the blame squarely with him.
It's not always the most popular person who gets the job done.

Offline Quarlo Klobrigney

• Frequent Contributor
  • This Space For Rent
« Reply #230 on: March 18, 2015, 02:26:23 pm »
That is the important point you continue to be blind to. The point that he never updated the financial status with excuses as to connectivity issues, and other nonsense adds up to a scammer. Period.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 02:47:17 pm by Quarlo Klobrigney »
Voltage does not flow, nor does voltage go.

Offline Orips

« Reply #231 on: October 20, 2015, 01:43:05 am »
Seems like this scumbag is back and has a bit to say https://disqus.com/by/disqus_4LofYmr24S/
Funny how hypocritical some of his comments are.

Offline timothyaag

• Contributor
« Reply #232 on: April 18, 2017, 08:54:52 pm »
Well, this whole thread was an interesting read. This campaign should be a case study for how well (poorly) people can read investment opportunities and, most of all, how little due diligence people do before throwing money at someone with wild claims, laughable evidence and sketchy behavior. Even a quick search for this guy reveals an article about him and his girlfriend robbing a Walmart and court records for multiple counts of forgery(picture included!).

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 03:33:07 am by Cyberdragon »
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf