Author Topic: ABC : Basic Connections  (Read 16633 times)

Offline ziplock9000

• Regular Contributor
Re: ABC : Basic Connections
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2018, 04:23:45 am »
So it seems this project and the person just vanish towards the end of 2017 and has not blogged, tweeted or updated anything since October 2017. What the hell happened to what seemed like a sure fire success of a project?

Offline timothyaag

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2018, 05:39:53 pm »
I'm a backer. There were apparently multiple print issues and in his most recent update(Jul 5 2018) he's run out of money and needs to sell his lab equipment to finish the project. He's been awful at communicating so we're pretty annoyed even if the delays are not entirely unreasonable. He also hasn't released any of the digital material even though the material was deemed good enough to print months ago, and at who knows what cost. All in all a disappointing project. I hope he gets everything in order because I love the content.

Offline ziplock9000

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2018, 01:11:11 pm »
I'm a backer. There were apparently multiple print issues and in his most recent update(Jul 5 2018) he's run out of money and needs to sell his lab equipment to finish the project. He's been awful at communicating so we're pretty annoyed even if the delays are not entirely unreasonable. He also hasn't released any of the digital material even though the material was deemed good enough to print months ago, and at who knows what cost. All in all a disappointing project. I hope he gets everything in order because I love the content.
Ran out of money eh. Didn't his kickstarter raise double the amount needed and where did the $100K go to if nothing has been shipped?

Offline Nusa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2018, 02:08:21 pm »
Ran out of money eh. Didn't his kickstarter raise double the amount needed and where did the $100K go to if nothing has been shipped?

Double the amount requested also means double the deliverables, so it's not all gravy. 100K Euros / 3K books = 33.3 Euros per book. Including shipping costs, I believe. Which when you consider actual costs, doesn't leave a huge margin for serious errors. And errors are pretty common in startup projects.

The following users thanked this post: ziplock9000

Offline Reptile-Addict

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2018, 02:34:33 pm »
On the 31st of July I received the digital version of the book.

Offline ziplock9000

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2018, 02:35:58 pm »
Was that all you ordered not the printed version?

Offline timothyaag

• Contributor
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2018, 06:26:39 pm »
Was that all you ordered not the printed version?

I don't remember there being a tier that included the digital copy and NOT a printed copy. By 'digital version of the book' I assume he means the PDF dated November 2017 that we recently got from the project creator. Interestingly, the PDF is dated the same month as one of his updates saying they were in the middle of printing and almost ready to deliver...

I was kind of insulted by it, because we've been asking for it for months, yet he kept holding it without explaining why, then he finally gives in but sends us an old one. We could've had this content since November and found any and all errors for him so he didn't have to deal the errors at PRINT time. He likes to make unusual decisions and not explain them so we can only speculate why he's doing things this way.  :-//

Oh, and he said he'd be back in a few days to update us and it's been over two weeks without a word.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf