Author Topic: Advanced Lucid Dream Inducer  (Read 14042 times)

Offline rthorntnTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Advanced Lucid Dream Inducer
« on: November 10, 2013, 12:16:20 am »
Wow, should come in over 1000% of goal, some experts are skeptical that lucid dreaming even exists...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/caluka/lucitm-advanced-lucid-dream-inducer

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Richard

Online wraper

• Supporter
Re: Advanced Lucid Dream Inducer
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 12:37:59 am »
WTF they use board with 3 TDA7293 (and without heatsink) to amplify brainwaves  :palm: http://www.ebay.com/itm/YJ-255W-TDA7293-X-3pcs-Mono-Amplifier-board-new-/190862929843?pt=US_Amplifier_Parts_Components&hash=item2c70512fb3 Real high tech  :scared: Gives 255W of brainwaves.

Offline andtfoot

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 01:01:23 am »
WTF they use board with 3 TDA7293 (and without heatsink) to amplify brainwaves  :palm: http://www.ebay.com/itm/YJ-255W-TDA7293-X-3pcs-Mono-Amplifier-board-new-/190862929843?pt=US_Amplifier_Parts_Components&hash=item2c70512fb3 Real high tech  :scared: Gives 255W of brainwaves.

Especially with only 2 wires going to it for their "complete prototype". I can't even tell how the wires even connect; the wire ends seem to magically disappear into the terminal blocks through the top. Not to mention the output of the amp going to the power section(?) of the Arduino...

Online tom66

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics Hobbyist & FPGA/Embedded Systems EE
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 01:10:56 am »
Lucid dreaming does exist, I have tried it myself a few times, but it takes a lot of luck/skill to initiate, you don't need any tools to do it. Just need to set up a mental connection, like looking at a watch or checking your phone, so you "realise" you are lucid (as you can't read text or such when lucid, so it looks all wrong.) Sort of like exploiting a bug in the brain's operating system.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 11:09:23 am »
Indeed it exists, checked tonight myself. Read in wiki what it is. I was able to understand that it is a dream, like 2+2=9,6 on the desk. Was able to control it, like I'm now in a train, lets fly in an airplane. And was able to wake up but it needed 3 attempts as there was 2 fake wake ups which I figured almost right away.

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 11:15:08 am »
Inception, have a lucid dream inside a lucid dream.

Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Offline GK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 11:23:27 am »
"If you are lucky enough to have experienced a lucid dream, you know that it’s an absolutely amazing thing. Suddenly realizing that you’re dreaming and being able to do impossible things is something that everybody should be able to experience at least once in their lifetime."

You can't actually "do impossible things", you can only hallucinate bullshit in la-la land. I cannot fathom why this should excite anyone.

Bzzzzt. No longer care, over this forum shit.........ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 12:19:11 pm »
You can't actually "do impossible things", you can only hallucinate bullshit in la-la land. I cannot fathom why this should excite anyone.

Same reason people play videogames, its fun.
Lucid dreaming is pretty much the ultimate videogame experience with no limits to whats possible. Think startrek holodeck.

Also remember that, from person to person, dreaming can vary from just a hazy memory to a vivid experience almost as real as being awake.
Some people have very mild/hazy dreams and wouldn't really get much fun out of a lucid dream.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 12:24:38 pm by Psi »

Offline GK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 12:31:29 pm »
Same reason people play videogames,

More like same reason people take illicit drugs. I've had a few lucid dreams. I really don't need an electronic gadget to remind me that I'm not really actually having sex with Jenifer Lopez.

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 12:42:56 pm »
Same reason people play videogames,

More like same reason people take illicit drugs. I've had a few lucid dreams. I really don't need an electronic gadget to remind me that I'm not really actually having sex with Jenifer Lopez.

The gadget is there to remind you you're dreaming so you can take control and keep the dream the way you want.
Without awareness you have no control, so just when things start to get good Jenifer Lopez may suddenly turn into an ewok.  :-DD
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 12:50:11 pm by Psi »

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 12:57:45 pm »
The gadget is is there to remove money from naive people pockets. It is already apparent that their hardware is total bullshit. They may even ship it actually and stupid sheep will even think that it works.

Offline GK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 01:02:42 pm »
The gadget is there to remind you you're dreaming

Yes, that is clear. My tangential point was that for certain dreams I often require no such reminder. I've seldom had a lengthy dream of "impossible"/ highly improbable things that I could later recall that did not eventually trip into some degree of lucidity.

Offline olsenn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2013, 01:08:51 pm »
Why not just set your alarm clock to play the radio at low volume at 3am? The only purpose of these devices is to provide sensory queues (sound/light) to wake your senses, without waking the consciousness that interprets what these queues are.

Even if you want to control a playlist more elaborately, just make a playlist on your ipod/computer to play whatever music (or ambient sounds) at varying intervals throughout the night. Much more comfortable than Remee.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2013, 02:07:26 pm »
some experts are skeptical that lucid dreaming even exists...
i was a self trained lucid dreamer as other had also claimed, joined luciddreamer forum for a short while. but i quit because i cant control my dream properly, dream will collapse easily or you can ended up in the wrong or random astral. no you dont need audiophool device to become lucid, just training and "the will", i believe to become advanced lucid dreamer, we'll need a good teacher, not audiophoolery. now and then i can sometime accidentally becoming lucid, but i prefer to not to and just follow the flow of the dream rather than try to control it, sleep is for rest not struggle. no i dont expect "experts" to believe us, it cant be proven anyway. let them continue with their sceptism, nothing wrong (not affecting us) with that.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2013, 04:47:05 pm »
Lucid dreaming with practice becomes easy, I have been doing it for nearly 45 years now.
One thing it has always been good for is solving electronics problems. When you are in a lucid dream just head over to the electronics lab and work out your problem.

You are able to tap into your subconscious mind, draw on experiences you have had but don't remember. There is a lot more power there than we can muster consciously.
Sue AF6LJ

Offline olsenn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2013, 04:51:21 pm »
One thing it has always been good for is solving electronics problems. When you are in a lucid dream just head over to the electronics lab and work out your problem.

Why do math when you can get busy with Ms. September?

Offline GK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 01:00:14 pm »
i was a self trained lucid dreamer as other had also claimed, joined luciddreamer forum for a short while.

Wow, there are forums out there for all kinds of bull. I can imagine such a forum being full of bullshitters letting their imaginations run wild to competitively out do each other in their shared "lucid" experiences.

I wonder how much of this alleged feeling of having been "in control" is really just an illusion. It's only when you're fully awake/conscious, after the fact, that you can actually reflect upon your prior "lucidity". Kind of reminds me of my one and only experience of déjà vu. I was 6 or 7 years old at the time and almost bumped heads with a girl who was running directly towards and then past me in the school yard. I stopped walking just in time to avoid a nasty collision and momentarily after that instant I had eerily uncomfortable feeling that the entire incident had happened the exact same way before, though I knew that it most definitely had not. Thinking about it a bit more, perhaps I had some kind of psychic prior knowledge of the wholly unpredictable? Goose bumps! Then I thought about it a bit more. My spooky "recollection" or premonition of the incident had only transpired after the incident had in fact happened for real - so that clearly ruled out any evidence of supernatural predictive abilities or prior knowledge. I simply put the experience down to an unexplained cognitive glitch and the goose bumps instantly faded, though a slightly troubling question mark over the completeness of my sanity lingered a little longer. I have not experienced the glitch again since, so that worry has long since faded.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 01:40:59 pm by GK »

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 02:48:32 pm »
joined luciddreamer forum for a short while.
Wow, there are forums out there for all kinds of bull.
if you have the spare time, enjoy it ;) http://www.dreamviews.com (i havent check in back for a long time) it will be like a psychologist student or audiophool guy entering eevblog forum :D btw, the lucid dream practice was accidental when i tried to learn aural expansion i got a book wanna read? :P
I simply put the experience down to an unexplained cognitive glitch...
what are all you mumbling about? you may believe whatever you want to believe. your mental projection may be realized in reality in form of your action and belief so what? you think its not then its not... for you. you may as well succeded in placebo test whatever. but i prefer the "unexplained cognitive glitch" term to be switched to "human inability to understand themselves" ;)

otoh i learnt how to raise my right eye brow at the age of like 15 when looking at how my friend can do that easily, not from my childbirth. its a sensory that i learnt how to use later in life ;) but failed for the left eye brow until today. you dont want to learn up to you not my problem :P
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 02:57:08 pm by Mechatrommer »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Hypernova

• Supporter
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 02:03:09 am »
My lucid dreams often involve being in the middle of exams, and then realizing that it's been almost 3 years since graduation. Just goes to show how much I hated uni.

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
    • The electronics hobby components I sell.
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2013, 05:01:58 am »
I simply put the experience down to an unexplained cognitive glitch

That's probably the most likely reason for Deja Vu, some cross firing of long and short term memory.  But if you accept that some "cognitive glitches" could cause that, you should also accept that a cognitive glitch could be responsible for giving one some sort of lucidity within a dream state.

Unless you claim that dreams do not exist at all, which we can fairly well prove not to be the case by observing brain activity, (or even just noting that people with various disorders can be observed to talk in their sleep to persons who are not present). 

"Tripping" on some psychoactive drugs is probably not too dissimilar to lucid dreaming -  a detachment from reality but with some degree of lucidity.

If or not the perception of lucidity happens in real-time is almost unimportant, after all, it is out perception which is most important.  How sure can you be that all the time and experiences up to this second actually has happened, and that you did not right now blink into existence perceiving to have all those memories only now at this instant.

~~~
EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

Offline GK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 06:24:24 am »
Unless you claim that dreams do not exist at all, which we can fairly well prove not to be the case by observing brain activity, (or even just noting that people with various disorders can be observed to talk in their sleep to persons who are not present). 

That isn't what I was saying at all.

"Tripping" on some psychoactive drugs is probably not too dissimilar to lucid dreaming -  a detachment from reality but with some degree of lucidity.

I noted the similarity to drug taking in a previous post.

If or not the perception of lucidity happens in real-time is almost unimportant, after all, it is out perception which is most important. 

Nonsense. Memory is depressingly faulty and coloured by the imagination, even when recalling events that happened when fully conscious. Was the "lucid" dreamer really "in control" of his dream, or does he just imagine that he was after the fact? That is expressed a bit black and white, though it is likely a matter of degree.

Offline ddavidebor

• Super Contributor
    • Smartbox AT
Advanced Lucid Dream Inducer
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2013, 06:29:48 am »
I had a lucid dream the first time i played a war videogame.

For uknown reason the german were dressed yellow in my dream, and when i realized that i got lucid.
David - Professional Engineer - Medical Devices and Tablet Computers at Smartbox AT
Side businesses: Altium Industry Expert writer, http://fermium.ltd.uk (Scientific Equiment), http://chinesecleavers.co.uk (Cutlery),

Offline peter.mitchell

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2013, 12:54:23 pm »
The derailment of this thread into discussion about lucid dreaming is takign away from the point;

No matter what the product is or supposedly does, it's probably bullshit. Just lay still in a quiet, dark room with your eyes closed and try not to go to sleep.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 03:32:37 pm »
Was the "lucid" dreamer really "in control" of his dream, or does he just imagine that he was after the fact?
my terminology of being in "control" of your dream is that you want to keep lucid all the time and act based upon your will in the dream. if you have done that then you'll know what i mean. i've been chased by ghost in dreams before, now when being lucid, i chased them! ;) i tried to defy my "basic instinct" i guess maybe that was my mistake in the dream.

dark room with your eyes closed and try not to go to sleep
wrong, try to go sleep but make sure you are still awake, hows that sound, bull?  :-DD

Offline Dongulus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2013, 05:01:55 pm »

I love their "proof" that their prototype image isn't Photoshopped. They claim that their prototype image side-by-side with the manufacturer's picture for the amplifier are clearly different.
I mean, give the guys some slack. Photoshop has it's limits and slightly rotating, scaling, and changing the contrast of an image is just too technically difficult.  :-DD

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2013, 05:19:15 pm »
Funding Canceled
Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator about 14 hours ago.

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2013, 07:56:00 pm »

Why do math when you can get busy with Ms. September?

Haven't checked my profile have you....
Sorry I am not lesbian, being female I like men.

Sue AF6LJ

Offline olsenn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2013, 08:04:53 pm »

Sorry; I hadn't checked your profile. I didn't mean to offend you.

Offline GK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2013, 12:16:13 am »
Was the "lucid" dreamer really "in control" of his dream, or does he just imagine that he was after the fact?
my terminology of being in "control" of your dream is that you want to keep lucid all the time and act based upon your will in the dream. if you have done that then you'll know what i mean. i've been chased by ghost in dreams before, now when being lucid, i chased them! ;) i tried to defy my "basic instinct" i guess maybe that was my mistake in the dream.

I'm not quite sure what you mean as most of your posts do not make a great deal of sense. The only dreams I have that I would perceive (rightly or wrongly) to have any degree of lucidity are the ones that persist through periods of consciousness or semi-consciousness. Having not heard the term “lucid dreaming” before this thread that is what I initially figured it was all about. I think most of this “ultimate video game” guff is most likely a load of tosh. So you chased ghosts in one of your dreams, so what? That does not mean that you were lucid at the time. Large parts (especially perceptions of lucidity after the fact) of most of these experiences are likely manufactured by the imagination upon recollection, and especially so in any environment of collective/mutual reinforcement and confidence building, such as a forum for true believers and assorted fantasists to share their experiences.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 11:46:48 am by GK »

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2013, 06:05:46 am »
i'm not sure what you understand (i cant make any much sense out of your post either). but being lucid means you know/aware you are in a dream, you know you are sleeping but seeing things in the dreamworld at the same time. as for "conciousness", everybody concious in a dream (and remember it after wake up) but not necessarily lucid. one of the difference between lucid dream and "mental videogame" is that in videogame you create your own world whatever you like, you want disneyland, boom you are in disneyland. but in lucid dream you can be anywhere, even in a place you dont like, its just you are aware its a fake (dream) world, not like the rest of normal dreamers. if you have blended in the forum i linked, you'll know its not all about fairytales and goodness stories as you have potrayed. if you cant make it out (while others can), saying it is a bull, is not so nice to them ;)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 06:23:31 am by Mechatrommer »

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2013, 12:47:27 am »

Sorry; I hadn't checked your profile. I didn't mean to offend you.

Not to worry that's okay. :)
Sue AF6LJ

Offline rthorntnTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor

Offline Phobos

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2013, 11:40:50 pm »
Sometimes lucid dreaming is so nice that you get lost in your own little worlds... it's very addictive. Don't get me started on the astral though, where you have all five senses as just in the real, physical world. I have yet to see an electronic piece of kit that can bring you, forcibly, into that. So it makes me wonder what differing mechanisms are at play...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf