Author Topic: Beautifully Made Electronics Reference Posters  (Read 37568 times)

Offline josephricafortTopic starter

• Contributor
Beautifully Made Electronics Reference Posters
« on: April 10, 2015, 12:42:19 am »
Hi everyone! :) I'm Joseph and I have a personal campaign project I'd like to share. I've made 2 quick reference posters for everyone to use: the Fundamentals and Schematics. I've made a campaign at Indiegogo. Here's the link:

http://igg.me/at/tinkrpostr

I'm planning to expand them and make a comprehensive and organized reference poster, but for the meantime I've made only two. You can use them as a reference or a well deco at your lab, office or home. Frames are also available if you like.

The contents on the posters aren't yet final and I hope there is something you would like to add or modify. Feel free to post your comments. I'd like to know what you think. Thanks!  :D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 01:02:22 am by josephricafort »

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: Beautifully Made Electronics Reference Posters
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 09:48:44 am »
Very nice.
One with some basic building block circuit would be nice.

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 11:21:09 am »
FETs are n-channel or p-channel, BJTs are NPN or PNP. Just nitpicking  ;D

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 11:46:49 am »
Thanks for the inputs!  :) Yeah, I agree they're pretty basic. I have started some on the advanced a month ago, but I've prioritized the easier ones. I'm not sure if this campaign would work though I'm glad I have the guts to start one! Thanks everyone.

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 11:53:14 am »
Nice graphic design work. The content should be more advanced though. I think we all know what diode symbols and breadboard look like, or that "micro" means e-6 etc.

If it was more advanced the more advanced target market might not want, or need, the posters. I think aiming at beginners is appropriate.
I don't encourage you to make too many changes other than fix errors.

I think the to-92 pinout is wrong or at least there isn't a standard. I'd need to check this but I don't think BC548 and 2N3903 are the same pinout. In any case for beginners you ought to show a picture with leads visible and extended. I'd consider omiting the AWG section.

There was an Indiegogo campaign a year or so ago that made diagrams for Arduino and related things. It was a fairly successful campaign as far as I recall.
This one.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/arduino-basic-connections-the-book

It might give you some ideas if you weren't already aware of it.

Thank you for reviewing it. What could be a good replacement for AWG? I was also inspired by the Arduino Basic Connections which everyone would really need.

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 12:00:30 pm »
Very nice.
One with some basic building block circuit would be nice.

Good idea! Since I've already prepared the graphics for the components of the schematics that'd be easier. I have some few book and online references in hand to use as guide. If you have some good references to suggest, I'd better check it out.

Offline Refrigerator

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 06:13:15 pm »
Adding some formulas like Ohms triangle and the op-amp gain ( both inverting and non-inverting ) schematic with a little formula would be nice, The TO-92 could be changed by putting the NPN transistor simbol "inside" the pachage, to show how it's connected and also do it in different pin-outs while also giving a couple example part numbers next to them.
I have a blog at http://brimmingideas.blogspot.com/ . Now less empty than ever before !
An expert of making MOSFETs explode.

Offline pighixxx

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 09:30:17 am »
Hello everyone,

I redid all the basic connections (there are currently over 120 cards, another 100 in preparation) and are available for free at my site.
http://www.pighixxx.com/test/abc/
Within short tutorials for all cards.

Thanks to all!

Offline codeboy2k

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 01:39:25 pm »
Really NICE work!

:) that's not nitpicking, but you knew that. I see what you did there.

However, this is nitpicking: Although you could get away with it, I've never heard them called E-Type or D-Type , or Enhancement Type, or Depletion Type MOSFETS.  You should not perpetuate that.  They are Enhancement Mode and Depletion Mode MOSFETS.

Offline mikefatom

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 02:08:37 pm »
Backed!  Really love the graphics!

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 03:18:29 pm »
Really NICE work!

:) that's not nitpicking, but you knew that. I see what you did there.

However, this is nitpicking: Although you could get away with it, I've never heard them called E-Type or D-Type , or Enhancement Type, or Depletion Type MOSFETS.  You should not perpetuate that.  They are Enhancement Mode and Depletion Mode MOSFETS.

Thank you! These are really helpful feedbacks, I have to fix the errors now and make some updates soon.

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 03:23:26 pm »

Thank you for backing up! I've seen your the second one who made the contribution which I am really happy about.  :D

Btw mike, you forgot to add the shipping which is $10 for US. If this makes any hassle, I'll create another shipping perk where you can just add it up in one click.

Again, thank you! :-)

Offline mikefatom

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2015, 05:05:11 pm »

Thank you for backing up! I've seen your the second one who made the contribution which I am really happy about.  :D

Btw mike, you forgot to add the shipping which is $10 for US. If this makes any hassle, I'll create another shipping perk where you can just add it up in one click.

Oops!  Sorry about that.  I am trying to figure out how to do this this but it doesn't seem too user friendly.  Can I just make no-perk contribution for the shipping cost?  I want it shipped to Mauritius island btw.  Not the US or Canada.

Thanks!

Mike

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2015, 09:58:32 pm »

Oops!  Sorry about that.  I am trying to figure out how to do this this but it doesn't seem too user friendly.  Can I just make no-perk contribution for the shipping cost?  I want it shipped to Mauritius island btw.  Not the US or Canada.

Thanks!

Mike

Sure, mike! That's possible. You can use the "no perk" and directly contribute. Make sure you have your name on it or any indication it's yours.

About the shipping to Mauritius, that'd be $18. The $10 was for the US. If you have any concern, send me a reply or PM me. Thanks again! :-)

Offline mikefatom

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2015, 07:19:52 pm »
Hey there,

I added my shipping btw.  ;)

Thanks!

Mike

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2015, 06:26:13 am »
Hey there,

I added my shipping btw.  ;)

Thanks!

Mike

Hi Mike! Yeah, I've noted it. Thanks! :)

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2015, 06:29:24 am »
NEW UPDATES: I've just fixed the errors on the posters and made a few adjustments. You can check them out!

http://igg.me/at/tinkrpostr

Offline Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2015, 06:52:44 am »
Those look really good, I might have to become a backer.
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2015, 12:41:02 pm »
Those look really good, I might have to become a backer.

I'd be glad to assist you  :-+

Offline inteljoe

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2015, 04:49:39 am »
These are outstanding. Not 100% perfect, but definitely inline with what I've been looking for.
I hope you can meet your goal and I might get in on it. $35 shipped for a 2' x 3' poster (2-in-1) is not a terrible price.

Offline inteljoe

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2015, 03:22:25 am »
Sadly it does not appear as if you're going to meet your goal. But I contributed none-the-less. Hopefully you'll be able to print some posters anyway. I really do want one to hang up above my work table.

If not, hopefully will send out some high res images instead.

Offline Richard Crowley

• Super Contributor
  • KJ7YLK
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2015, 05:27:45 am »
Sadly it does not appear as if you're going to meet your goal.
But IGG has "Flexible Funding":  "This campaign will receive all funds raised even if it does not reach its goal."
So they will get my $29 in any case.  I was the first "contributor".

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2015, 01:32:24 pm »
No worries. I'll still send out the posters even though if we can't met the goal. I created this project as my reference for future projects as well. The graphics will be probably used for a reference book or app. One thing that I've greatly learned from this project is that the reviews, comments and changes that must be made is very crucial before releasing it to public.

For those who haven't added the shipping, you can add it by contributing a "no perk" contribution. Please refer to the info on the campaign page about the varying shipping fees depending on the location.

Just keep in touch for updates. Cheers!

Offline inteljoe

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2015, 06:36:09 am »
No worries. I'll still send out the posters even though if we can't met the goal. I created this project as my reference for future projects as well. The graphics will be probably used for a reference book or app. One thing that I've greatly learned from this project is that the reviews, comments and changes that must be made is very crucial before releasing it to public.

For those who haven't added the shipping, you can add it by contributing a "no perk" contribution. Please refer to the info on the campaign page about the varying shipping fees depending on the location.

Just keep in touch for updates. Cheers!

Outstanding. I really do like these posters. I look forward to getting one and anything else you do in the future.
By the way, I forgot to add shipping, so I went ahead and added that right now.

Thanks!

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2015, 12:13:47 pm »
We now only have 19 hours before the campaign ends. Get them now! http://igg.me/at/tinkrpostr

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf