Author Topic: Indiegogo - can some one explain this to me?  (Read 2085 times)

Offline mairoTopic starter

• Supporter
Indiegogo - can some one explain this to me?
« on: August 19, 2020, 03:29:26 am »
Hi all,

I was looking at Indiegogo today and spotted this campaign:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bluetti-ac200-most-versatile-solar-power-station#/

At the time of writing this post the main campaign money/bakers counter showed:  ~ AUD$8million @5600backers , but when I went down through the perks the backers count did not match the 5600 shown at the main count so I went and count them one by one and it end up to a ~AUD$1.41million @1816 backers across all the perks.

Maybe Indiegogo do not updates the individual perk counters as fast as the main total counter, or is there something fishy going on, or anything else  :-//?

Offline Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
Re: Indiegogo - can some one explain this to me?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 03:57:13 am »
On Indiegogo there can be hidden perks, either promoted to a select group, or just hidden once no longer offered.

It makes life so much easier for scammers.   :palm:

Offline mairoTopic starter

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 08:02:26 am »
Thanks Kean! This probably 'explains' why. I did also looked into other Indiegogo campaigns and they all looked similar - this fishing rod for example has only 3 backers from the single perk offered, but is at nearly AUD$70k with 381 backers, not a single comment ....

Offline No.15

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 03:37:58 pm »
On Indiegogo there can be hidden perks, either promoted to a select group, or just hidden once no longer offered.

It makes life so much easier for scammers.   :palm:

I think this is true.  I actually backed this campaign and the perks were different in the beginning and those perks are no longer available.  You had to have a link that they sent out.  It was targeted I think and I got it through my participation on diysolar.com, or I found out about it there.

This is only the second campaign I have ever backed, I got burnt bad on another crowdfund a few years ago and have been hesitant ever since.  Hopefully I don't get burned twice

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf