Author Topic: µCurrent GOLD on Kickstarter  (Read 224279 times)

Offline con-f-use

• Supporter
Re: µCurrent GOLD on Kickstarter
« Reply #400 on: March 19, 2014, 10:39:11 am »
Nice clean build for the battery holder. I was tempted at first to do the same. A little too much work for lazy me though.

Btw. I added a low drop diode before I soldered on the battery holder. Just in case silly me puts the batteries in backwards.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:43:20 am by con-f-use »

Offline ExtremeXS

« Reply #401 on: March 19, 2014, 05:44:48 pm »
#75 arrived in the UK, actually got the notification for customs duty on Saturday 15th, but the reference code they gave was incorrect. so finally had time to go and collect it today.

Many thanks Dave!

Offline warp_foo

• Supporter
« Reply #402 on: March 20, 2014, 02:16:22 pm »
#251 checking in. Arrived in Minnesota on the 19th.

m
Where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #403 on: March 21, 2014, 12:14:28 pm »
#00067 has arrived in deepest Berkshire, UK  :-+

It would have been here 2 days ago were it not for our national robber barons demanding their pound of flesh before bringing it the last mile  |O

Offline BurtyB

• Regular Contributor
    • 8086 Consultancy
« Reply #404 on: March 22, 2014, 02:51:35 pm »
The postie managed to shove #00092 through the letterbox here in the UK this morning (Saturday) with nothing to pay (yet).

Thanks Dave :).

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #405 on: March 22, 2014, 03:07:09 pm »
Between 00062 and 00097 they probably met the cost of their lunch and decided to be magnanimous from then on. Or got bored.

Or maybe they have my card marked: I did actually attempt to get the police involved with one shipment (deliberately delaying the post is a criminal offence, and they can't hold it in lieu of their fees), but it was just my luck that a local policeman had shot his family that day so they weren't really concentrating on my problem.

Offline TheRuler8510

• Regular Contributor
  • RF Engineer
« Reply #406 on: March 22, 2014, 11:42:00 pm »
Dave,

Any guess on when the next batch of 400 will get shipped--and the next 1,000 after that?

I could really put mine to good use when it arrives, as I am stretching the capability of my Fluke 87-V.

Thanks,
"There are no facts, only interpretations."
--Friederich Nietzsche

Online EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #407 on: March 23, 2014, 07:33:11 am »
Dave,
Any guess on when the next batch of 400 will get shipped--and the next 1,000 after that?

I'm about to check with my assembler again.
Last I heard they had 400 assembled, more ready to be loaded, and had just got my test jigs and procedures.
So I'd certainly be expecting the 400 this week (which I can start shipping same day I get them, some not all, I can't do 400/day), but will have to confirm.

Offline jancumps

• Supporter
  • New Low
« Reply #408 on: March 23, 2014, 11:30:46 pm »
Does the test gig improve the assembler's delivery rate, or is it an additional activity for them to test the µCurrents?

Offline richhas

• Supporter
« Reply #409 on: March 24, 2014, 04:43:24 am »
I found out late about this product (and the project) Dave. Any rough idea when we non-kickstarter folks will be able to buy one of these new uCurrent?

Thanks for all your contributions.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #410 on: March 24, 2014, 04:59:42 am »
Does the test gig improve the assembler's delivery rate, or is it an additional activity for them to test the µCurrents?

Additional activity of course, plus the packing.

Offline Valen

« Reply #411 on: March 26, 2014, 12:01:14 am »
I successfully entered the adress-survey the first time, and now twice again from 2 different browsers. With confirmation emails to back it up. If you still don't have my details then there must be a bug in Kickstarter's system that provides this to you. (emailadress starts with ricojansen, pm if needed fully )
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 12:07:48 am by Valen »

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #412 on: March 26, 2014, 04:57:07 am »
Just got the confirmation email from Kickstarter with address included. So if you do not get one you need to go to the site and check the address is entered, or Dave will just not post one to you, and as there is no way to find you ( the elves did not work, and Dave does not believe in little flying things with halos) you will have made a donation and will get nothing. Not magic, check your junk mail, and fill out the simple survey. 24 updates and counting, I think Dave has met his side of the deal.

There is a local saying here - Kry you Gat in Rat Vaalseun!

Offline jippie

• Supporter
« Reply #413 on: March 26, 2014, 06:03:29 am »
I filled my address questionnaire couple weeks ago and with Dave mentioning couple times he would send this questionnaire only shortly before mailing the µCurrent GOLD, I was expecting the device in the mail over the past couple of days. I was getting a bit worried already with all the proud posts in this thread, but this morning I received a "Shipping soon!" message and now I understand I don't have to worry (or at least not yet).

Anyways I was getting a bit confused and worried about delivery, so my feedback for today (probably mentioned before somewhere in the previous 28 pages of posts ...) is: Check if you received the "Shipping soon!" message before getting worried.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #414 on: March 26, 2014, 11:37:17 am »
Anyways I was getting a bit confused and worried about delivery, so my feedback for today (probably mentioned before somewhere in the previous 28 pages of posts ...) is: Check if you received the "Shipping soon!" message before getting worried.

I had quite a few of these emails and messages fro the $79 backers asking where it is. I thought I was pretty clear in the updates that only the $85 ones had shipped so far?
The $79 backers will start shipping tomorrow, Sagan and SWMBO have been employed as labels stickers and couriers  :-+
Oz ones will go first, followed by international in backer number order.
At this stage I can't say when they will all ship, as boards are still rolling in from the assemblers and I can't really physically ship more than a few hundred a day.

Offline Valen

« Reply #415 on: March 26, 2014, 01:06:37 pm »
Just got the confirmation email from Kickstarter with address included. So if you do not get one you need to go to the site and check the address is entered, or Dave will just not post one to you, and as there is no way to find you ( the elves did not work, and Dave does not believe in little flying things with halos) you will have made a donation and will get nothing. Not magic, check your junk mail, and fill out the simple survey. 24 updates and counting, I think Dave has met his side of the deal.
I did already, and filled in appropriately  on the Feb 25th. But when I received the KS update #23 I wasn't sure if it was selectively mailed to those that Dave didn't have the adress-details of, or if it was a general broadcast update to all backers. When I got update #24 the other day I got worried. But I guess all is good now, I got the "Shipping soon" message within a few hours later.

There is a local saying here - Kry you Gat in Rat Vaalseun!
Since Afrikaans is phonetically much like Dutch, I am curious what you mean by that. "I get a hole in what kind of rodent?"   ???

(maybe a response by PM if it goes too much off-topic from this subject)

Offline jippie

• Supporter
« Reply #416 on: March 26, 2014, 05:51:36 pm »

I had quite a few of these emails and messages fro the $79 backers asking where it is. I thought I was pretty clear in the updates that only the $85 ones had shipped so far?

No worries, I honestly can't remember which option I ordered, I thought 85, but I couldn't bother enough to look it up. Coming to think about it, I was just a few numbers too late to order a signature version so it was probably the el-Cheapo version  8) 

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #417 on: March 26, 2014, 06:29:02 pm »
Since Afrikaans is phonetically much like Dutch, I am curious what you mean by that. "I get a hole in what kind of rodent?"   ???

(maybe a response by PM if it goes too much off-topic from this subject)

Watch Full Metal Jacket, and the voice and tone of the instructor. This is about as close as you get to a translation that is polite. Not fun to be on the receiving end, and I got a lot of that.... Drill instructors get worse the higher up in rank they get, and if they went on officers course as well you do not want to be on that receiving end. Was an interesting day when he took our instructors for some corrective drilling, we had to carry them to bed afterwards.

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #418 on: March 27, 2014, 01:43:14 pm »
Got my µCurrent today. One screw was missing, or maybe I lost it, but I found some gold screws:

Ok, just brass, but it looks good :)
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

Offline kayvee

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #419 on: March 27, 2014, 02:04:05 pm »

The homebrew alternative translation reads "get your arse onto gear"

Well not yours, specifically ;)

Online Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #420 on: March 28, 2014, 02:36:50 am »
$79 backer and got mine today - #624.   :-+
Mind you, I am located in Sydney less than 20km from Dave.

Offline Valen

« Reply #421 on: March 28, 2014, 12:19:04 pm »

The homebrew alternative translation reads "get your arse onto gear"

Well not yours, specifically ;)
Ahh, ok. A gear would be translated into rad in dutch, so the t put me off. Nu ik begrijp. ;)

Back to topic

Offline VK3DRB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #422 on: April 01, 2014, 11:50:55 am »
Got my uCurrent Gold today. Thanks! Nice PCB.

Only thing missing were the 4 plastic case screws. That often happens with Australian made goods.... things are never quite right. Not a big problem in this case (excuse the pun), I should have some screws around here to do the job.

Offline hikariuk

• Supporter
« Reply #423 on: April 04, 2014, 12:28:41 pm »
Got mine this morning in somewhat overcast England. 

Well it's either overcast or toxic smog, I'm not sure which.
I write software.  I'd far rather be doing something else.

Offline hikariuk

• Supporter
« Reply #424 on: April 04, 2014, 12:30:07 pm »
Got my uCurrent Gold today. Thanks! Nice PCB.

Only thing missing were the 4 plastic case screws. That often happens with Australian made goods.... things are never quite right. Not a big problem in this case (excuse the pun), I should have some screws around here to do the job.

Same here.  Although given I probably enough odds and sods screws to last a lifetime, I'm not going to worry about it :)
I write software.  I'd far rather be doing something else.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf