Author Topic: DSLogic  (Read 39170 times)

Offline knapik

• Regular Contributor
Re: DSLogic
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2018, 07:12:14 am »
I had been looking at these logic analysers as they seemed like a good price for something to use with Sigrok & Pulseview. However, if what you say is true, that you can't really use a new version of Sigrok with it, that does change my perspective on it quite a bit.

Offline vltr

• Contributor
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2018, 09:06:41 pm »
I have a DSLogic and when it works its quite nice.  The problem with no development has been that drivers are a huge problem for windows users.  The driver is not signed and doesn't appear to work with windows 10 at all.  Sigrok folks seem to have added it and i've gotten it to work once or twice under linux, but every time i pull it out it seems something software needs attention and troubleshooting.  I would personally not buy one again, and I only use it when my $10 ebay special knockoff doesn't have the spec/enough channels just because its not worth the trouble playing will it work today.

Offline elektrinis

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2018, 05:20:59 am »
I have a DSLogic and when it works its quite nice.  The problem with no development has been that drivers are a huge problem for windows users.  The driver is not signed and doesn't appear to work with windows 10 at all.  Sigrok folks seem to have added it and i've gotten it to work once or twice under linux, but every time i pull it out it seems something software needs attention and troubleshooting.  I would personally not buy one again, and I only use it when my $10 ebay special knockoff doesn't have the spec/enough channels just because its not worth the trouble playing will it work today.
This is the type of feedback I was hoping for. Thank you.
I guess their DScope is the same?

I bought a scope-LA combo from LabNation. Pretty decent device, nice app for touchscreen - so far they are the only ones who managed to make the interface really user friendly. At least for moving traces around, zooming, adding measurement lines, etc.
Negatives:
* Pretty basic though, lacking many functions, like for testing in production environment, many decoding parameters are missing. Also that light green/blue trace color.. What's up with that? Unable to see it if used outdoors on a tablet. Also GUI DPI scaling works very poorly, some developers are still struggling with that a lot.
* There was no update for Windows version for some time now. I wonder how the company is doing.
* Enclosure is really amateurish and non-comparable with any of well known USB devices, including chinese DSlogic. You can quickly see they are a very small company, unable to do proper molded plastic enclosures.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 09:45:41 am by elektrinis »

Offline Jan Finkel

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2018, 09:39:33 am »

Thanks for your feedback, really usefull
Do what you have to do.

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2018, 05:40:55 pm »
I bought the first revision of the DSLogic tool when it got released. Nice but too limited in my experience. The input bandwidth is very limited, more than I expected. I wanted to use it to inspect sync. serial busses @50 Mbits/s and it was unusable for that. The sample rate of 400Msa/s sounded good enough, but the input bandwidth is just far too limited. For more modest needs it's ok but frankly it got stored in a drawer and I never use it anymore.

Offline Marco

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2018, 05:51:40 pm »
They had some input filtering on the old version which they removed on the newer ones ... that said, it doesn't seem like you know whether you're buying old or new ones.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 05:57:33 pm by Marco »

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2018, 05:53:30 pm »
They had some input filtering on the old version which they removed on the newer ones ... that said, it doesn't seem like you know whether you're buying old or new ones.

Oh, thanks for the info. Do you happen to know whether it's possible to remove the filtering on older versions? I have already opened it so I don't mind tinkering with it.

Offline Marco

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2018, 05:59:09 pm »
Dunno, it was described on the following video ... shouldn't be too hard to mod.

PS. I wish I could link youtube vids without inlining, am I missing something?

The following users thanked this post: SiliconWizard

Offline Doctorandus_P

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2018, 05:02:51 pm »
I just had an idea about Logic Analyser probing.
With a bit of hot snot you can glue a (through hole) 74xx541 or a buffer for whatever signal levels you use onto the PCB you are testing in "dead bug" style.

On one side you have plenty of grip for even the cheapest logic analyser probes, and on the other side you have 8 inputs and you can relatively easy solder lacquered wires between the probe points and the buffer chip.

Offline pigrew

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2019, 04:14:08 pm »
I recently purchased a DSLogic Plus where the probe compensation components are located closer to the probe tip (very good). From the outside, the new probes look the same as the old probes.

Attached are some poor X-ray images. They show 2-layer PCBs, and the expected R||(R+C) network at the end of each probe (instead of at the LA connector like in previous revisions).

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline amspire

• Super Contributor
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2019, 10:41:32 pm »
The circuit for this probe tip is on the Sigrok site:
https://sigrok.org/wiki/File:Dreamsourcelab_dslogic_plus_probe_circuit.png

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf