Products > Crowd Funded Projects

EEZ Bench Box 3 - Sequel to EEZ H24005

<< < (128/129) > >>

prasimix:
The EEZ BB3 firmware version 1.7.1 has been released. As before, you can find instructions for the firmware upgrade in Chapter 13.

Mike G:
V1.7.1 working really well.
The function generator is massively improved, now very useable.
True AC output  :clap: :-DD

jklasdf:

--- Quote from: prasimix on March 20, 2021, 05:53:13 pm ---On Mouser stock is currently Bolek&Lolek production that is shown in Ian's video but also include first DCP405s from new batch made by another PCBA contractor (blue PCB). I've checked and repair all modules sent to Mouser, but some of them still had issues probably due to questionable soldering. New batch is delayed for almost two months due to shortage of components: Mean Well IRM AC/DC converters in first place. DCM module is particularly sensitive since it seems that LT3763 doesn't tolerate questionable thermal pad joint.

--- End quote ---

Is Mouser's stock of the two channel kits (currently showing 30 in stock) still the old production PCBs with questionable soldering? I've been looking into buying one of these supplies (in the US), and so far Mouser seems like the cheapest option. The main other option seems to be buying from the EEZ web store, which would be newer production, pre-assembled, and with a warranty, but also ends up being more than $120 more expensive shipped to the US (possibly more, haven't looked into fees), at which point it would make sense to just buy the 4 channel version from Mouser (not in stock yet, currently showing 23 on order, which should probably be newer production?). Only other consideration is I do like the thought of supporting EEZ on their web store, but I also doubt they see even a small fraction of that price difference.

prasimix:

--- Quote from: jklasdf on August 30, 2021, 05:00:28 am ---
--- Quote from: prasimix on March 20, 2021, 05:53:13 pm ---On Mouser stock is currently Bolek&Lolek production that is shown in Ian's video but also include first DCP405s from new batch made by another PCBA contractor (blue PCB). I've checked and repair all modules sent to Mouser, but some of them still had issues probably due to questionable soldering. New batch is delayed for almost two months due to shortage of components: Mean Well IRM AC/DC converters in first place. DCM module is particularly sensitive since it seems that LT3763 doesn't tolerate questionable thermal pad joint.

--- End quote ---

Is Mouser's stock of the two channel kits (currently showing 30 in stock) still the old production PCBs with questionable soldering? I've been looking into buying one of these supplies (in the US), and so far Mouser seems like the cheapest option. The main other option seems to be buying from the EEZ web store, which would be newer production, pre-assembled, and with a warranty, but also ends up being more than $120 more expensive shipped to the US (possibly more, haven't looked into fees), at which point it would make sense to just buy the 4 channel version from Mouser (not in stock yet, currently showing 23 on order, which should probably be newer production?). Only other consideration is I do like the thought of supporting EEZ on their web store, but I also doubt they see even a small fraction of that price difference.

--- End quote ---

Due to a problem with components shortage we are not able to continue production so it cannot be expected for Mouser to get 4-channel before the second quarter of next year. However, they have enough DCMs in stock (latest version) so it can possibly be combined with a 2-channel kit version. Also, 65 new starter kits (without power modules) were delivered to Mouser long time ago, which are still not visible and I don't know what the idea was with that. Maybe you should contact CS for more information.

jklasdf:
Sounds frustrating, do you know if Mouser's current stock of the 2-channel version is the older production with possibly bad soldering?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version