Author Topic: EEZ Bench Box 3 - Sequel to EEZ H24005  (Read 150726 times)

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
Re: EEZ Bench Box 3 - Sequel to EEZ H24005
« Reply #600 on: June 01, 2021, 09:40:15 am »
Hi, I would like to inform you that after long preparations our Web store is now publicly available. We created a Web store for the following reasons:
  • Shortening the availability time of manufactured products
  • Prompt pre-sales and post-sales support based on direct order data (no need to ask Crowd Supply/Mouser for order history details)
  • Loyalty scheme for new and existing customers as well as for promoters so your activities will be rewarded
  • Finally, a larger margin for us which would increase the chance for our survival and also further development (new products and team increase)
https://www.envox.eu/store/

The following users thanked this post: PlainName, Kean, gnavigator1007, Jacon

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #601 on: June 01, 2021, 01:02:14 pm »
The loyalty scheme mentioned in the last post is called the EEZ Loyalty program which allows you to collect points that can be used on the Web store. The first points are obtained upon registration. The list of rewarded activities, the number of points collected, prizes and sponsorship links can be found on the Loyalty tab in My accounts after logging in. The initial loyalty level is Customer, however all those who have supported us in previous crowdfunding campaigns can contact us at any time and will be promoted to the next level (Backer). All collected and unused points will be transferred to the next level.

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #602 on: June 09, 2021, 02:34:36 pm »
A short video of how another device (i.e. Arduino) using UART takes control of BB3. This is a feature of the upcoming firmware v1.7.

Used Arduino sketch: https://github.com/eez-open/modular-psu-firmware/tree/master/docs/examples/arduino_dlog_bookmarks

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #603 on: June 10, 2021, 10:04:30 am »
Another call to existing backers: contact us (email, support ticket, DM/PM here, on Twitter or Discord) after registration on our web site so that we can promote you to a higher Loyalty level where your activities are rewarded better.

The following users thanked this post: exe

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #604 on: June 12, 2021, 03:35:18 pm »
Important discovery that may affect backers that has AUX-PS module r3B3 (green PCB): #108.
We will post an update if we have new details of what is really going on or if some other possible fix is found.

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #605 on: June 28, 2021, 04:56:48 pm »
I would just like to let you know that the opportunity for existing customers from Crowd Supply campaigns to be promoted from Customer to Backer role on our web store ends by the end of this month (i.e. in a few days). Registration link: https://bit.ly/3gFMccx

When register please contact us via Support ticket (My account tab), email, contact form or Discord.

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
Firmware v1.7
« Reply #606 on: July 01, 2021, 03:49:22 pm »

The EEZ BB3 firmware version 1.7 has been released. As before, you can find instructions for the firmware upgrade in Chapter 13.

In this version, 42 published issues (fixes and improvements) have been resolved thanks in large part to your feedback and suggestions. We would highlight the following features:
  • Support for three new modules: PREL6, MUX14D and MIO168 in combination with AFE3 expansion board.
  • Simple function generator that can be activated on power modules (DCP and DCM) as well as on SMX and MIO. One of the interesting options is the ability to generate half- and full-rectified waveform on a DCP module which can be used to simulate rectified AC mains for testing the final stage of power supply, battery charger, etc. Set voltage go up to 80 V and current up to 10 A if two coupled DCP modules are used.
  • Modified Data logger (DLOG) that now accepts more than 4 signals, sampling speeds over 1 KSPS and operation with mixed signals (analog and digital). Furthermore, it is possible to insert bookmarks (via PC or UART port on the front panel) using SCPI commands during data logging.
  • UART support: it is now possible to communicate with BB3 using the DIN1/DOUT1 pins on the front panel. Three modes are supported: Buffer, SCPI and Bookmark. in SCPI mode, it is possible for an external device (another BB3 or D.U.T.) to directly control the BB3 using supported SCPI commands.
  • Pinout page: the module Info page now also contains a Pinout page showing the module terminals as well as all resource numbers which can simplify SCPI programming.
Updated versions of the English User Manual and SCPI reference guide are also now available and include changes introduced by firmware v1.7. Unfortunately the German version of User Manual is not synchronized with this firmware version because we no longer have a person willing to do so (If anyone is interested, feel free to contact us).

The following users thanked this post: PlainName, Kean, exe

Online Mike G

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #607 on: July 02, 2021, 05:37:46 am »
Good morning Prasimix, installed 1.7 yesterday, very nice indeed :-+
Just two questions if I may, firstly it reports that the "pinout image not found on the SD card", where can I find this file? It suggests EEZ studio but I cannot find it :-//
Secondly the DCP405 in slot 2 now shows CC lamp all the time when OFF.  Adjusting the current limit either up or down clears the CC light but after cycling the channel ON then back to OFF the CC led lights again, otherwise the channel works fine. This does not affect the other slots and has only started since the firmware upgrade, any advice would be good before I start looking into the problem.
This version is a significant upgrade with even more useful features,  how much more can you squeeze out of the BB3?
Regards Mike

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #608 on: July 02, 2021, 05:52:46 am »
How to get a pinout pages is a valid question! Existing users do not have pinout images stored on the SD card so this should be done via EEZ Studio. Install EEZ Studio, connect to BB3 and on the home page in the Modules section click on Upload Pinout pages.

Regarding CC LED on DCP405: nothing to worry about. When output is off CC and CV LED states are irrelevant.

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #609 on: July 02, 2021, 06:18:40 am »
Please wait a little bit with EEZ Studio installation. You need 0.9.83 to see this upload option and that release is not visible on GitHub. I'll put here link when ready. Sorry, for confusion.

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #610 on: July 02, 2021, 07:05:37 am »
EEZ Studio 0.9.83: installation for Linux, Mac and Windows (see Assets): https://github.com/eez-open/studio/releases/tag/0.9.83

Online Mike G

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #611 on: July 02, 2021, 07:22:31 am »
As always, immediate support, thank you.
Pinout pages installed, no problem.
The only reason I mentioned the CC led being on is that it was not doing this before the upgrade from 1.6.1 to 1.7, just wondered why.
Regards Mike

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #612 on: July 02, 2021, 08:18:51 am »
As always, immediate support, thank you.
Pinout pages installed, no problem.
The only reason I mentioned the CC led being on is that it was not doing this before the upgrade from 1.6.1 to 1.7, just wondered why.
Regards Mike

We're doing something with initial (off state) voltage and current values, that's the reason why you can see the difference.
BTW, which DCP model you have: r2B11 or r3B3?

Online Mike G

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #613 on: July 02, 2021, 09:53:44 am »
Both the DCP405s and the DCM224 are all R3B3   but the CPU is green board R2B4
I know it does not matter that the CC led is on when the channel is off but it irritates me, why does only one of the DCP modules behave like this, would recalibrating make any difference?

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #614 on: July 02, 2021, 09:57:10 am »
Does both channels have the same set voltage and current, and no load is connected?

Online Mike G

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #615 on: July 02, 2021, 10:15:15 am »
Yes, both the DCPs are set to 8 volt, 4 amps.   
Slot 2 shows CC lamp on,  slot 1 does not. 
If I adjust the current, up or down, on slot 2 the CC led goes off, turn the channel on, CC led stays off, turn the channel off, the CC led lights up again. Adjust the current, up or down, and it goes out. 
Slot 1 does not have any problem.
I hope this may give you a clue, if you need any more information or tests just let me know
Mike

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #616 on: July 02, 2021, 10:19:32 am »
Thanks, to be completely sure that ch2 behaves differently, could you please go to ch1 settings and use "Copy to" option to copy its settings to ch2 and test everything once again?

Online Mike G

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #617 on: July 02, 2021, 10:23:45 am »
Ok, this is what happens.
As soon as I copy CH1 settings to CH2 the CC led goes off,  but when I turn CH2 ON then OFF the CC led turns on.
If I repeat the action the same thing happens.
???

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #618 on: July 02, 2021, 10:24:40 am »
Ok, we'll try to reproduce this on our side, and let you know about progress.

Online Mike G

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #619 on: July 02, 2021, 10:28:51 am »
Thank you for your time

Online Mike G

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #620 on: July 02, 2021, 12:13:56 pm »
Just to let you know, copying from the faulty channel to the good channel does not upset the good one.

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #621 on: July 02, 2021, 02:45:30 pm »
I forgot to ask you one more thing: please try *RST (default) option from power menu and see what you get.

Online Mike G

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #622 on: July 02, 2021, 03:04:17 pm »
Ok, I have tried that.
When reset activated, the CC led goes off, all set volts and current limit values are set to zero.  Setting faulty channel to 8 volt 4 Amps CC led still off.  Turning channel ON then OFF turns the CC led on  |O

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #623 on: July 02, 2021, 03:06:13 pm »
Ok, thanks, I will keep trying to reproduce it on my side (so far I have not been able to do that).

Online Mike G

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #624 on: July 03, 2021, 04:06:47 am »
If I have time over the weekend I will swap the two DCP modules and see if the fault moves with the module or stays in slot 2, at least that will tell us whether the issue is with the module or MCU/backplane.
Thanks, Mike

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf