Author Topic: Free Energy Book  (Read 9424 times)

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog

Offline deephaven

• Frequent Contributor
  • Civilization is just one big bootstrap
    • Deephaven Ltd
Re: Free Energy Book
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 08:00:02 am »
It seems that he has written quite a few books: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/solik

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 10:58:45 pm »
Well farm waste be converted into Methane, and BS is very similar. Since this world seems to have a limitless supply of BS, that would make it practically free.

And also last I checked, nobody has yet figured out a way to tax the usage of that giant fusion reactor that's 92,000,000 miles from us.
The larger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 12:09:35 am »
here's an advice for all those free energy prophets : eat more baked beans , capture the exhaust and off you go...

@stonent. The Belgians have actually found a way to tax you on that. if you  put in a solar installation you need to declare how many kilowatts it can produce. and if you feed it back into the grid you are taxed on the income you make from it.
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 01:34:09 am »
here's an advice for all those free energy prophets : eat more baked beans , capture the exhaust and off you go...

@stonent. The Belgians have actually found a way to tax you on that. if you  put in a solar installation you need to declare how many kilowatts it can produce. and if you feed it back into the grid you are taxed on the income you make from it.

They should stick to making beer.

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 02:15:30 am »

They should stick to making beer.

well. in a country where it rains 300 days a year it is either : chocolate, waffles, beer, fries ... that , or  invent prozac ...
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline perfect_disturbance

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 02:26:59 am »
Mmm Belgian waffles :)

Offline Kempy

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 04:18:54 pm »
The Idegogo page has this fine print at bottom right:

"Do you think this campaign contains prohibited content?"

Yes! - prohibited by the laws of physics!   :bullshit:

Offline Andy Watson

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 04:35:22 pm »

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 04:56:55 pm »
The Idegogo page has this fine print at bottom right:

"Do you think this campaign contains prohibited content?"

Yes! - prohibited by the laws of physics!   :bullshit:

You could say they are breaking the law.

Offline CanadianAvenger

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 07:05:16 pm »
Don't bother... they are unconcerned with the laws of physics. [Here's a response I got after reporting another project that violated the "law"]

Thank you for reaching out, and for checking in about this campaign. Indiegogo empowers campaign owners and contributors to raise money for, or support, the things that matter to them. Because Indiegogo is an equal opportunity platform, a wide variety of subject matter and opinions may be expressed through campaigns. Because we do not curate these campaigns, the views reflected by campaign owners are not necessarily those of Indiegogo.

alm

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 07:14:24 pm »
Disagreeing with the laws of physics is an opinion.  My perpetual motion machine will spin as long as I want it to, you're not going to impose your laws of thermodynamics on me!

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 10:18:52 pm »
Don't bother... they are unconcerned with the laws of physics. [Here's a response I got after reporting another project that violated the "law"]

Thank you for reaching out, and for checking in about this campaign. Indiegogo empowers campaign owners and contributors to raise money for, or support, the things that matter to them. Because Indiegogo is an equal opportunity platform, a wide variety of subject matter and opinions may be expressed through campaigns. Because we do not curate these campaigns, the views reflected by campaign owners are not necessarily those of Indiegogo.

That is just their excuse to get their share from all sorts of scams.
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 10:29:14 pm »
They are shameless leeches. Yep, sure, we'll support scammers as long as they give us a cut! But let's fart out something happy about opinions so they think we're all just a bunch of happy hippies. No exploitation here, no sirree.
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline Circlotron

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 05:46:10 am »

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 03:51:16 pm »
Disagreeing with the laws of physics is an opinion.  My perpetual motion machine will spin as long as I want it to, you're not going to impose your laws of thermodynamics on me!

Perpetual motion machines aren't limited by physics, they are just limited by how long the other person is willing to not look away from it.

Offline madshaman

• Frequent Contributor
  • ego trans insani
Free Energy Book
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 10:12:02 pm »
Dear forces of light, please teach all these (some of them quite clever) folks about basic conservation of energy as how it's immutable, not speed of sound immutable, immutable...

Sure, if it *ever* happens that *one single* repeatable experiment ever appears which violates this, we will all have to start thinking about new theories which predict what we observe.  Until then, I invite all predatory, destructive snake-oil artists to suck my ...

Sorry for the strong sentiment, but I can't *stand* this anymore.  I can't stand watching youtube videos of people with obviously incredible machining skills building weird devices which will never achieve the effect they hope.
To be responsible, but never to let fear stop the imagination.

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2013, 11:28:24 pm »
Besides the contents of the book, which obviously was written by a crackpot, is it allowed to use Indiegogo as a book selling site? He already wrote the book, and at least one person bought it :-DD and was not very happy:

http://www.amazon.com/processes-free-full-electromagnetic-generators-ebook/dp/B005CM1LQ8/
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

Offline madshaman

• Frequent Contributor
  • ego trans insani
Free Energy Book
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2013, 11:32:46 pm »
I don't understand why such people even make a play at being legitimate and go to such weird lengths to part people from their hard-earned cash.

Why not stop pretending and just clobber people in alleys and steal their valuables; that would be more honest.

I hate these people with a passion, they take people with a genuine interest and aptitude for science or engineering and turn them into uninformed crackpot clones who waste their only life.

Offline MacAttak

• Supporter
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2013, 01:51:45 am »
Besides the contents of the book, which obviously was written by a crackpot, is it allowed to use Indiegogo as a book selling site? He already wrote the book, and at least one person bought it :-DD and was not very happy:

http://www.amazon.com/processes-free-full-electromagnetic-generators-ebook/dp/B005CM1LQ8/

I'd be unhappy too if I paid $190 for a Kindle book that had missing figures and formulas.

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2013, 04:56:10 am »
I think this is no coincidence. When I see such a crackpot website or Youtube video etc., not only the idea is flawed (like showing a voltage of some device, but don't care about basics like power measurement, and measuring the degree of efficiency), but the form of the presentation is sloppy and inconsistent, too. I guess the reason is that in general their level of education is low. But nevertheless they feel very confident that they are right, and any critique is ignored, or rejected and the critic is accused to be part of some big company conspiracy to suppress his (not seen any her physics crackpot so far) great invention.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Einstein
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

Offline madshaman

• Frequent Contributor
  • ego trans insani
Free Energy Book
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2013, 06:34:27 am »
I'll play devil's advocate:

I think the solution is to simply raise the education level of such people.

Offline baljemmett

• Supporter
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2013, 09:15:23 am »

They don't thank you for it.  Last time I tried I was accused of 'being negative'.  I knew paying attention in physics class was a mistake, my outlook on life would obviously be a lot more positive if I hadn't!

Offline AndyC_772

• Super Contributor
  • Professional design engineer
    • Cawte Engineering | Reliable Electronics
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2013, 04:48:37 pm »

Arguably it has. For the bargain price of just $190, someone has gained themselves some very relevant education indeed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf