Author Topic: IGG Iteaduio Plus - ARM Cortex-A8 Dev-Platform  (Read 12828 times)

Offline wilfredTopic starter

• Super Contributor
IGG Iteaduio Plus - ARM Cortex-A8 Dev-Platform
« on: August 18, 2013, 03:39:09 pm »
/.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 05:31:02 am by wilfred »

Offline dr.diesel

• Super Contributor
  • Cramming the magic smoke back in...
Re: IGG Iteaduio Plus - ARM Cortex-A8 Dev-Platform
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 03:47:21 pm »
Mmmmmmmm, with SATA.

Offline 8086

• Super Contributor
    • Circuitology - Electronics Assembly
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 03:50:15 pm »
So, this vs. Cubieboard... Which is the winner?

http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/cubieboard-p-1404.html?cPath=6_8

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 03:54:32 pm »
ARM and Linux? Someone needs to take the letters U, I, N and O away from these people.....
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 03:58:41 pm »
This campaign will receive all funds raised even if it does not reach its goal.

Alexander.
Become a realist, stay a dreamer.

Offline tanstaafl

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 04:03:08 pm »
This campaign will receive all funds raised even if it does not reach its goal.

Alexander.

Not sure that is such a big deal if it's itead that are running the campaign, pretty sure they will be able to deliver :) Feels more like pre-order than crowd-founding?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 04:04:40 pm by tanstaafl »

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 04:14:39 pm »
Yes it feel more like pre-order tbh.

Alexander.
Become a realist, stay a dreamer.

Offline Legit-Design

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 02:35:59 am »
That pricing/availability is stupid, I want one for 19$, I dont need expensive sata cable or micro usb cable.

Offline Alexx

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 07:38:48 am »
So, this vs. Cubieboard... Which is the winner?

http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/cubieboard-p-1404.html?cPath=6_8

I think Iteaduino Plus it's not the same as Cubieboard, here is the biggest different from them:

The Iteaduino Plus is the baseboard for evaluating the ITEAD A10 CORE and ITEAD A20 CORE? it has the same functions that Cubieboard has , and has more interface that Cubieboard has not - but it's not the most importance thing ?the CORE board can be take down from baseboard as a CPU or controller module, and you can design a new baseboard for it !

It's very easy to design a baseboard for CORE, just make sure you connect to the right pin to right terminal,  and there is stable 5V power supply for CORE, so you can make even a UDOO out by yourself -  we have finished the Complex high-speed circuit for you,  what you need to do it's some other low-speed digital circuit.

ITEAD will take a activity in future -  offer free PCB prototype for some excellent baseboard design!

Offline ElectroIrradiator

• Frequent Contributor
  • More analog than digital.
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 07:43:39 am »

Offline Alexx

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 07:52:59 am »
That pricing/availability is stupid, I want one for 19$, I dont need expensive sata cable or micro usb cable.
Yes I'm sorry I missed out on the $19 offer. It was probably just a strategy to get them off $0 with a super cheap deal. Anyone who has built a PC will have a SATA cable laying around. I'm even starting to accumulate micro-USB cables to add to the 30 (guess) mini-USB cables I have.

The UDOO on Kickstarter did very well. It offers Arduino shield capability without additional accessory boards. Their video was pretty slick whereas the Iteaduino is ordinary.
http://www.udoo.org/

It would be an interesting debate to see just how powerful a board needs to be and still make Arduino compatibility (or RPi) an essential factor.

The Odroid is even more powerful with a 1.7Ghz quad CPU and 2GB RAM but no Arduino or RPi compatibility. I couldn't resist the U2 variant. The PCB is 2/3 the size of a credit card. No I/O pins of course.

However it is probably the only one (of these three) that could satisfy as a desktop replacement for many people.

We have a new "plug"(the shield for Iteaduino Plus) , it can breakout a pins for Arduino shields, it will offer a OLED to show the IP, the CUP and RAM Utilization. And this shield will comes with the Rich and Advanced Perks - although it's not mention in the perk discription yet ~

And, as my last reply, it‘s easy to build a Arduino board, because it just a low-speed digital board, but you may not able to build a 8layer high-speed circuit for DDR3 SDRAM, and what you need to do now, jus to add a ITEAD A10 CORE interface in your "Arduino" base board,  after plugging the CORE, it will be a same function like UDOO. - If nobody make this customized baseboard out, we can build it , just like - Iteaduino Turbo  >:D

We are really not good at photography, video and description  |O    It's our weakness , but we can not overcome it recently ....

Offline Alexx

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 08:07:56 am »

^-^ The 19USD just for 10 early birds, even the 29USD can not cover the cost of the fist small batches production ~ now 29USD "lucky dog" run out as well, I think 39USD for this hardware is still much cost-effective ~

Offline chickenHeadKnob

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 10:18:36 am »

I like the basic idea of this type of form factor, a system on module (SOM) with all the high density BGA's on top of a two layer base board.
Olimex is also doing one with a 1 GHz T.I. AM3352 which I prefer over Allwinner.

One thing I could not see, does the Itead SOM bring out a full general purpose memory bus?

Offline 8086

• Super Contributor
    • Circuitology - Electronics Assembly
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2013, 08:59:00 pm »
Is the base module available separately? The only options I see are for core + base boards

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2013, 10:37:27 pm »
Any time I hear Allwinner, I am reminded of cheap Chinese clone phones, some with stolen logos from companies like Samsung and HTC.
The larger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Offline Alexx

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 01:26:14 am »
Is the base module available separately? The only options I see are for core + base boards

We don't sell the A10 CORE board separately now, because people need a base board to use it , there are now any useable baseboard in market yet. but in future we will sell the CORE separately ~

Offline Alexx

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 01:27:58 am »
Any time I hear Allwinner, I am reminded of cheap Chinese clone phones, some with stolen logos from companies like Samsung and HTC.

I don't the Allwinner has many users in phone market, most its chip be used in pad.   And the cheap chinese clone phones almost use the MTC chip 

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 01:46:44 am »

I don't the Allwinner has many users in phone market, most its chip be used in pad.   And the cheap chinese clone phones almost use the MTC chip

Maybe I'm thinking tablets then. But yeah the mediatek chip is out there too in a lot of low end devices.
The larger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Offline Alexx

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2013, 08:22:43 am »

Maybe I'm thinking tablets then. But yeah the mediatek chip is out there too in a lot of low end devices.

How about make a MT6589T 1.5GHz quad-core processor as our new CORE Board to work with the basebaord   :-/O

Offline Rasz

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 09:56:34 am »
Will you be able to provide real documentation? none of this bullshit CONFIDENTIAL watermarked sales brochure that is available currently. I am talking register maps and all, preferably with SDK. Doesnt matter if its Allwinter or MTK as long as there is REAL documentation and SDK.
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.
My fireplace is on fire, but in all the wrong places.

Offline Alexx

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 12:49:25 pm »
Will you be able to provide real documentation? none of this bullshit CONFIDENTIAL watermarked sales brochure that is available currently. I am talking register maps and all, preferably with SDK. Doesnt matter if its Allwinter or MTK as long as there is REAL documentation and SDK.
Register maps (A10 datasheet): http://linux-sunxi.org/images/3/33/A10_Datasheet.pdf

Datasheet of A10 CORE (beta, need to change image and some pinmap): http://d1.51gugu.com/12931396/12fecde5f380fba244d5c3fd07fd2fe8/648713.pdf

Datasheet of Iteaduino Plug (beta, need to change the image and some pinmap):
http://d1.51gugu.com/12931396/e650129cddc1ce9d792f86bceda535ff/648717.pdf

Functions that the ITEAD OS BETA offers:
http://url6.org/inW

Iteaduino Plus User Manual (beta, need to change image and some depicts):
http://d1.51gugu.com/12931396/739181926d70bbaaaf1ae1a3193439a0/659062.pdf

Schematic?
-- not finished yet, when we finally finish the baseboard, you will get the schematic of CORE board and baseboard, as well as the gerber file of baseboard.

We are making a new demo video to show you how to use the GPIO and UART on board - example: make a call via SIM900 module.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:50:56 pm by Alexx »

Offline Rasz

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 06:18:27 pm »
Register maps (A10 datasheet): http://linux-sunxi.org/images/3/33/A10_Datasheet.pdf

not a single register address in that SALES BROCHURE
I am talking about documentation that lets you write low level drivers, not a bullet points listing features.
This is my biggest problem with allwinter/rockchip - they give that stuff to understaffed companies making cheap tablets (often only 1 programmer on staff) but at the same time act like this is some big top secret sauce and dont let community work on it (Cedar h264 acceleration for example).
Do you even have full specification of lcd controller? and again I mean register map and example driver code, not a list of capabilities.
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.
My fireplace is on fire, but in all the wrong places.

Offline Alexx

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2013, 01:36:51 am »

not a single register address in that SALES BROCHURE
I am talking about documentation that lets you write low level drivers, not a bullet points listing features.
This is my biggest problem with allwinter/rockchip - they give that stuff to understaffed companies making cheap tablets (often only 1 programmer on staff) but at the same time act like this is some big top secret sauce and dont let community work on it (Cedar h264 acceleration for example).
Do you even have full specification of lcd controller? and again I mean register map and example driver code, not a list of capabilities.

Yes, if you need it:
User manual: http://d1.51gugu.com/12931396/308c06d8dbf75a25f209982593aafe74/660245.pdf

And , here is a LCD config manual about how to use the driver that AW provide - yes, this document is in Chinese...but I think you still can understand most of it, you just need the driver links and some patch:
http://d1.51gugu.com/12931396/1bbb086a1404a95e3b598cb8f301a987/660246.pdf

:-//  All these files is not provide by us and I though you can find it in internet by using google...

Offline Alexx

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2013, 12:01:08 pm »

Update the image ~ And now we have released the eagle library for A10 CORE, you can use it to build your baseboard.

Offline garak

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2013, 02:46:17 pm »

Rasz has a very good point here. All these ARM/Android "dev" boards tend to be so tied up in NDAs that you can't do anything with them. You're tied into running one specific version of Android (as if anyone wants to use Android for embedded work, blech) and if you want anything else that's just too bad. I have the same complaint about the RPi and its video driver.

I'm a Win CE geek anyway, so I guess that most of these don't really apply to me anyway, but it'd be nice to have enough info to at least TRY to make a BSP.

Yes, if you need it:
User manual: http://d1.51gugu.com/12931396/308c06d8dbf75a25f209982593aafe74/660245.pdf

That link is dead as a dead thing.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf