Products > Crowd Funded Projects

Interest survey: engineering graph papers

(1/7) > >>

jmw:
This has been an want of mine for a while: good graph paper pads, in designs useful for electronics and EE pen-and-paper design work: for example, full-page Smith charts and reactance graph paper. I can and have printed these out on a laser printer, but it's not the same in feel as a good engineering pad. Seems it was once a commercial item and there are still a few vintage sheets that appear for sale now and then, but I'd pay to get full pads to keep on my desk. Who else feels the same? Anyone have recommendations for print shops to approach that can do special runs like this?

ebastler:

--- Quote from: jmw on October 22, 2019, 01:29:44 am ---I'd pay to get full pads to keep on my desk.

--- End quote ---

Best to store them in the top drawer, right next to the slide rules.  ;)

edy:

--- Quote from: ebastler on October 23, 2019, 06:26:04 pm ---
--- Quote from: jmw on October 22, 2019, 01:29:44 am ---I'd pay to get full pads to keep on my desk.

--- End quote ---

Best to store them in the top drawer, right next to the slide rules.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Yes and if you can bring back some cheap Slide Rules that would be awesome as well. If they can make Soroban's for < $5 shipped from China on eBay, surely a slide-rule could be done for same or less....

Let's bring back VINTAGE TOOLS!   :-+

thm_w:
Surely one of these are usable: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=graph+paper&ref=nb_sb_noss_2 ?
I can't comment on the other forms as I've never used them outside of schoolwork. Maybe thread can be converted into a poll.

SilverSolder:

When I get the very infrequent urge to use graph paper, I print it out using an inkjet.  Laser doesn't make thin enough lines, doesn't print all the way to the edges of the paper, and the laser plastic toner lies on top of the paper, rather than being infused into the fibers - not the same thing at all!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version